8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely horrific. I truly believe those children wouldn’t have survived if Russell hadn’t escaped whilst still in Utah.
The photos of Russell’s injury’s is horrific and I wish I hadn’t seen them but I didn’t realise what I was clicking on in the subreddit. I don’t think they would be alive today if it wasn’t for him breaking out either!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
R is truly a hero.

I agree if he hadn’t managed to escape and get them help they’d both be dead by now, and the sheer bravery it took to do it again after the way she punished him after his first attempt never mind with the horrific injuries he had, that little boy has so much strength.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
All her family members that sat behind her in court, mustered a smile or wrote statements to try and help Ruby can rot in hell. I hope they also never go near those kids again. They should have their YouTube channels removed too for supporting such evil.
Random extra, but I follow Shari on Instagram, and the way she cares for her new kitten shows how different she is from her scummy 'parents', thank god she has a good heart.

Reactions: 19
All her family members that sat behind her in court, mustered a smile or wrote statements to try and help Ruby can rot in hell. I hope they also never go near those kids again. They should have their YouTube channels removed too for supporting such evil.
Random extra, but I follow Shari on Instagram, and the way she cares for her new kitten shows how different she is from her scummy 'parents', thank god she has a good heart.
Not just that the phone calls from Prison are petty damming for the family and Kevin. Her brother sending her money in prison…. She’d be dead me me if that were me.

The calls to her church leaders are not suprising.

Reactions: 14
I wonder if any of her family’s feelings will change now that the full evidence has been released? I have to admit that I was utterly shocked by how bad the wounds were and then the journals were beyond anything I could’ve imagined. It does make me question how much they understood about the severity of it all and whether they will be shocked also.

Reactions: 18
I wonder if any of her family’s feelings will change now that the full evidence has been released? I have to admit that I was utterly shocked by how bad the wounds were and then the journals were beyond anything I could’ve imagined. It does make me question how much they understood about the severity of it all and whether they will be shocked also.
What’s in the journals I bet it’s just the tip of the iceberg. What was in Rubys journals was the only stuff that they admitted too.

The abuse those kids went through they were completely incontinent and having to wear adult nappies. Shaving the girls head completely.

I thought the only reason that they plead guilty was the real truth of what the kids went through would have been worse than the journals, which were BAD! It’s like the Chris Watts case that the reality of what happened was even worse than you could imagine.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Probably not, their brains are warped. They were at the trails and heard and seen it all most likely.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I’ve really struggled to get my words right before posting, but I’m not sure any words can do E and R justice.

Just the level of abuse. I’m struggling to get my head round why they have been more lenient with Ruby, yes she maybe realising what she did but she still did it? And it’s evidenced! Her family putting money into her account, on the phone. Just baffles me. And I’m not sure what I think about Kevin in all this. He should have done more but he definitely was also a victim of Jodi.

Jodi from the bits I can put together definitely had mental health issues before this. But just the arrogance of the woman! Blaming everyone else!

R and E, just really have no words. I suspect the incontinence was due to severe trauma and the body’s response to it. The injuries are just horrific.
It does beg the question about J and A, were they just going about their normal lives in Springville? I know J must have been with them if Ruby was taking her a dentist appointment. They will need a different type of therapy for sure.

Reactions: 13
I think the incontinence was in large part due to starvation, diarrhea can be a symptom of this. They are so skinny in the pictures. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I think the incontinence was in large part due to starvation, diarrhea can be a symptom of this. They are so skinny in the pictures. :(
I think it’s probably more to do with drinking dirty water to survive. Or the pool water, since he was being made to sleep outside at some point before he ran away the first time.

Kevin’s second interview…Jodi is a complete fruit loop!! And he was happy for his kids to be with Ruby and Jodi, he knew she was nuts.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I hope in the summer they make both Jodi and ruby stand in the sun and leave them there
---
Just watched the abc doc Russell and Eve are together

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve just listened to the newly released(?) second police interview with Kevin Franke and I feel like it’s worth a listen to provide some context to his absence and what led to that. It’s interesting to hear how Jodi manipulated and isolated him. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think Kevin was a victim of her abuse also, albeit mental rather than physical.

I do want to be clear though that there were existing red flags about Ruby and Kevin’s parenting before Jodi was even around, including sending Chad to one of those notoriously problematic wilderness programs. He has not been innocent in terms of his parenting, but I don’t think he was responsible in the case of R & E’s abuse at Jodi’s home.

Reactions: 13
They sent Chad to the wilderness camp on the advice of Jodi, also cancelled the two youngest’s Christmas presents, and made Chad sleep on a bean bag for months. This was all based on Jodi’s advice, as they were her clients for years before Ruby became directly involved with connexions. They are terrible parents, and as adults should have made much better decisions for their children, and they should be held accountable, but Jodi has a history of horrific abuse and especially of separating husbands from their wives and children.
It’s very complicated because it’s so embroiled in the Morman faith, which uses control and brain washing even at its most ‘normal’ level.
I’m in no way defending Ruby and Kevin, and the abuse and her journal entries shocked me to the core, but Jodi has been doing this for decades. The Morman church are trying to silence her past victims.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
I’ve really struggled to get my words right before posting, but I’m not sure any words can do E and R justice.

Just the level of abuse. I’m struggling to get my head round why they have been more lenient with Ruby, yes she maybe realising what she did but she still did it? And it’s evidenced! Her family putting money into her account, on the phone. Just baffles me. And I’m not sure what I think about Kevin in all this. He should have done more but he definitely was also a victim of Jodi.

Jodi from the bits I can put together definitely had mental health issues before this. But just the arrogance of the woman! Blaming everyone else!

R and E, just really have no words. I suspect the incontinence was due to severe trauma and the body’s response to it. The injuries are just horrific.
It does beg the question about J and A, were they just going about their normal lives in Springville? I know J must have been with them if Ruby was taking her a dentist appointment. They will need a different type of therapy for sure.
I'm also wondering where J & A (not sure if we're using their proper names, although we all know them) were throughout this? Has it been mentioned? I know some of the journals would say "J, A & Jodi" I'm guessing that was them? I'm guessing even Ruby & Jodi knew their abuse wouldn't work if they were outnumbered, but were J&A staying at Jodi's too or on their own elsewhere?

Reactions: 4
They sent Chad to the wilderness camp on the advice of Jodi, also cancelled the two youngest’s Christmas presents, and made Chad sleep on a bean bag for months. This was all based on Jodi’s advice, as they were her clients for years before Ruby became directly involved with connexions. They are terrible parents, and as adults should have made much better decisions for their children, and they should be held accountable, but Jodi has a history of horrific abuse and especially of separating husbands from their wives and children.
It’s very complicated because it’s so embroiled in the Morman faith, which uses control and brain washing even at its most ‘normal’ level.
I’m in no way defending Ruby and Kevin, and the abuse and her journal entries shocked me to the core, but Jodi has been doing this for decades. The Morman church are trying to silence her past victims.
I had no idea that Jodi had been involved in their lives for so long but it does again add even more context and doesn’t surprise me. Her niece’s story from the 20/20 documentary was further proof of Jodi’s history of abuse.

Reactions: 11
I've just seen the video of that poor little boy and how emaciated he was and had a little cry. Such bravery to go and ask for help like that, he must have been so scared.

I read somewhere that she (and that pig Jodi) got a minimum of 4 years for each charge? Is that right? Like there's no way you could be out in 4 years for doing that

Reactions: 9
I may be way off here.. but wasn't auntie and uncles involved or seen them?... I used to watch ellie and jared on YouTube have they said anything?

Reactions: 3
I've just seen the video of that poor little boy and how emaciated he was and had a little cry. Such bravery to go and ask for help like that, he must have been so scared.

I read somewhere that she (and that pig Jodi) got a minimum of 4 years for each charge? Is that right? Like there's no way you could be out in 4 years for doing that
It’s sadly true! They could both do 4 years (and less the time already served so 3.5). There’s no way Jodi will be released then but if Ruby continues on with these Oscar speeches and how she’s seen the light, she may well get out at the first parole opportunity. Maximum either of them could serve is 30 years

• Angry
Reactions: 6
It’s sadly true! They could both do 4 years (and less the time already served so 3.5). There’s no way Jodi will be released then but if Ruby continues on with these Oscar speeches and how she’s seen the light, she may well get out at the first parole opportunity. Maximum either of them could serve is 30 years
They should both get life, and imo the dad should be sentenced too for neglect

• Heart
Reactions: 6