Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cherrypie32

Chatty Member
I think you’ll find there’s only a few items in reality anyone would wear from Matalan. Tons of grammers are paid to promote them. They all pick out the same 3 or 4 acceptable things from a vast amount of dross.

Reactions: 8

Sooz

Chatty Member
I think i get the cutting tongues off thing. I believe they were too sticky uppy and stiff. I have a pair of Adidas like that, with a tongue like a bloody razor, and i have thought about it.

I also have cut the plastic ends off my laces, just so I can tuck the knot right underneath the laces without the plastic bits digging into the top of my foot.

I dont follow Abi and never would. Shes too petite and too perfect. I also am not a fan of the Tall Mum Small Mum challenge because its set up for Helen to always look worse.

I much prefer the challenge Trinny does with her busty friend, basically No Tits Vs Lotsa Tits. I find that quite practical.

I look like Helen in real life and veer between a 12 to a 16 depending on the shop ( and god knows whether I'll be a medium or a large or even an XL) find it rather reassuring when she says "its not you, its the shop".

Rosiepie

VIP Member
She did get some backlash last year for hogging a disabled changing room to do get try ons in marks. Her followers are absolute lapdogs though, I think interspersing her exploitation with her grief stories stops people saying what they really think. I mean, honestly how many fucking times a day does she have the swipe up for the shaping vests!

Also very clever to have an Amazon swipe up at least a few times a day to ensure the Amazon cookies are installed. She knows most people use Amazon regularly got stuff totally unrelated to her recommendations. Means she still gets her 20p commission on every item we buy.
I’ve noticed a lot of these so-called influencers include grief stories to gain sympathy, to deflect followers from the fact they are being fleeced, to make themselves look trustworthy ie look at me I’m normal and I have problems too. It’s all a load of tosh and their manipulation methods are questionable and also laughable. They have the audacity to call people mean and trolls, when they are just being called out on their actions. Influencing is not a job, it’s modern daylight robbery, the fact that those swipe ups continue to gain cash for them right under the noses of their followers. Delete all cookies!

Woopsagain

Good god, the woman is absolutely manic. Swipe up, swipe right and left. Buy this buy that. She talks non stop and so fast. Think she dreams of being a QVC presenter.
Absolutely knob.

Cherrypie32

Chatty Member
I’m shocked that anyone thinks Helen looks ‘atrocious’ but her style seems to have gone the way of the swipes, repetitive. Blazers and maxi dresses. In real life I never see anyone in a blazer.

MaggsV

Honestly my IG is so much less anxiety and stress inducing after unfollowing so many influencers. I peeped back to 40plus just to see is she still going strong, seriously she's lost the style I once thought was great. I can't stand those midi dresses, they're just not nice for heaven's sake, ridiculous on woman her age. And the last m&co ad she's done, the clothes are clearly shit quality and fit, even her weird posing doesn't make me buy them.

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
I think the thing that annoys me most is that there's so much emotional blackmail on Insta. Helen does it a lot. The whole 'I've been through so much grief' angle tied in with 'thanks to you guys supporting me I can do this to distract myself'. In the beginning it made me feel really invested in her, thinking by supporting her I was helping her through the grief. But eventually I realised that her job is to make me swipe/buy/ watch/ follow. It's got nothing at all to do with grief, or support, it's got everything to do with cold hard cash.

• Heart

Emmadale

VIP Member
She really is. They’re all at it but she is by far the worst! Just tons of swipe ups every day. Getting in the Amazon ones must be the big money maker with the cookies thing....I’d say a lot of people (esp in lockdown) make at least one amazon purchase a month so kerching she’s making money on it every time. Sooooo sneaky!

Basicbasic

VIP Member
It's not just the comission from sales. The real income generator is when the swipe up installs cookies on your phone - anything from 24 hours to 45 days. Once the cookie is installed they receive money for anything you buy from the site. This is the really, underhand, sneaky and concerning aspect of this whole mess. They are all vultures feeding off people during the lockdown, us paying for their extensions and them not having to work. Gives me the rage.

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Haha haha! Just had the biggest laugh at the necklace she's shilling. Double padlock and paperclip chain!! Looks like something a dangerous dog would wear. Absolutely bloody hilarious......

• Haha

tarahalls

Chatty Member
What I really dislike about underwear shots (this is generic not just her) is;
1) The fact that the influencers think that it will empower other women, why seeing so,done in their pants empower me?
2) What message does this send to your children? Schools have a huge battle on their hands to teach children about not sending/sharing inappropriate photos but lots of these mums share shots in their underwear.
They’re not doing it to empower other women. They’re doing it because they think they’re wonderful & want to show off! How sad are their lives that they need constant validation from strangers? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I would seriously question anybody I know posing in their undies & wonder what’s missing from their lives/relationships that they felt the need to do so!

• Heart

AdAdAdGiftGiftGiftBoring

Abi ranting about her kfc order being wrong and tagging kfc for a freebie. Wow. Absolute first world problems, she's a spoilt brat and so are her kids. And Helen with her repeat swipe up of the most awful top shop sale dregs. Surely this level of consumerism is not going to last long.
Unfollowed Abi halfway through last year - she’s an entitled little madam and couldn’t stand watching her half snarl talking mouth any longer.

40plusnotgivingupyet - her content has become soooo boring the same old swipe ups day after day, the same old message only buy what you need day after day....might have to unfollow very soon which is a shame as really liked her account early last year.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
I've never seen her in any matalan pieces. And remember how much she 'lurrrrrved' jd williams?! Its harder to secure a contract with the slightly cooler brands like h&m, topshop, river island though god knows her and abi try their best.

Emmadale

VIP Member
I’m finding the affiliate linking so grabby with Helen. Not only is it repetitive all the time but now she’s doing it for places she doesn’t shop at 🙄 She shared And Other Stories stuff earlier and affiliate linked that, she never shops there.

There really should be some rules around how it works as otherwise anyone with over 10k can make a fortune on affiliate linking whatever they blooming like!

loubylou50

VIP Member
She seems to have ramped up the ads for look fantastic and other cosmetic items since shes got a little bigger and is struggling to look good in the same clothes she wore pre weight gain. Her shape has changed so she needs to change what she's wearing but doesn't seem to have the skills. She looks atrocious in her clothes at the moment.
I’ve criticised Helen as much as anyone on here, but to say she looks atrocious is pretty harsh and just quite ridiculous.

MaggsV

I like what some of the Instagrammers do now, I've seen some of them giving heads up for ad breaks. I think it's getting pretty clear that us mortals are simply fed up drooling at all the free gear they get sent on daily basis. There's some accounts I like to follow just for pure escapism but I can't stand the privileged housewife gone stylist women, animal prints, beige and white everything and p-lease stop ramming those floral midi dresses down my throat, not everyone likes that Laura Ingalls look

• Haha

Libbub

VIP Member
I've got to unfollow I'm afraid. The endless treadmill of repeat posts. Every outfit is the bloody same, dress or pleated skirt with biker or denim jacket. Skinny jeans with a half tuck tee shirt or blouse. Hardly groundbreaking stuff is it.?

I could walk into topshop or m & co or marks and pick out everything she'd choose within 5 mins of walking through the door.

So predictable. It's actually boring as hell. And let's have it right everyday there's a bloody thousand swipe ups and ads...... She's earning a fortune. Also the maniacal way she runs around speaks........ I feel exhausted just watching her.

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Making sure that she swipes ups to every shop known to man so the cookies can attach to sites where people might shop in the run up to Xmas and afterwards in the Xmas sales. She is despicable.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
I always find it a little infuriating when these people cannot bear to be questioned or even asked a slightly controversial question. If they put themselves out in the public domain then people are going to have opinions on them. If you don’t want the opinions then don’t put yourself out there!!
Well that shows the viewers exactly what this person is really like. I do feel she puts on a show when she cries to the camera, that it’s all for show and sympathy. Who does that so publicly - keep it private! It’s all done so that viewers ‘buy’ into her and feel they can trust her. It’s a psychological ploy!