3 things that made you smile today

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a really tough, draining day so making my list tonight to try and recalibrate …

1) A staff member was so incredibly kind and helpful to me and my son today when he had a meltdown at the cinema and I was nearly in tears at the whole situation. I’ve sent an email to the company saying how amazing she was.

2) My son fell asleep in the car which gave me twenty minutes of quiet time to listen and sing along to my choice of music.

3) I’m currently sat in the dark on my son’s floor as he’s really unsettled and I can’t leave till I know he’s fully asleep BUT for the first time in a long time, my house is silent. I forget how much I crave and need silence from time to time. If it wasn’t for an unsettled, anxious child thrown in the mix this would be bliss.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had a Strictly final celebration with family

Had the house to myself tonight

Managed to avoid all SM, news etc about who won for once.

Reactions: 2
1) my wages for last week....:oops:

2) getting a sweet load of work to take me home, my last delivery 1 mile from my house.

3) Getting honey roasted peanuts and some wensleydale cheese.

Reactions: 5
1.) the awful new season of Emily in Paris, such trash but hilarious
2.) my cat who is usually not cuddly sitting on my lap and purring
3.) treated myself to a takeaway and got a coplimentary item with it

1) I met up with a friend who I haven’t seen in ages for lunch today.

2) After not doing anything crafty since June, I finally made something for my Grandma for Christmas - it’s rubbish but I don’t care, and neither will she, she’ll just love that it’s from me.

3) 3 people said I looked lovely today when I was wearing something I love but way out of my usual comfort zone!

• Heart
1. My little boy finding his voice and starting to communicate more with us.
2. This is a mean one but someone at work I don’t like was proven wrong on something. Very satisfying.
3. finally finding the finishing touch to our Christmas dinner.
It wasn’t a bad day considering I lost my purse this evening 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
1. I opened the Christmas cheese and the husband and I had crackers and cheese once the children had gone to bed

2. I splurged on a new coat and it's brilliant, totally waterproof and so cosy. I've put on loads of weight which is depressing me and nothing is fitting properly but I decided I wasn't going to do my usual of buy the size I hope to be but actually buy one that fits me now. Winter is utterly miserable when you're cold and wet.

3. I binged the new series of Canada's Drag Race and it was fabulous. I've found myself feeling a bit meh about Drag Race recently when I've been a fan for years but this was so much fun to watch.

• Heart
Cleaned out my fridges ready for the Christmas shop. Took me ages but thoroughly satisfying when I’d finished.

went to mid week holy communion

watched Christmas stuff with my daughter, drinking hot Chocolate and eating popcorn

1- finally finished my Christmas shopping
2- getting a bit extra in my wages this month
3- normally when you go into the gp surgery the staff all look so miserable but my daughter had an appointment, she was in a cute Christmas outfit and all the staff couldn't stop smiling at her/making her laugh and they all said she brightened their day up

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Watched Klaus with my daughter and we loved it.

my food delivery arrived. Chopped and cleaned everything, so it’s less work later

Made a super easy quiche which was lovely. Needed to use up the eggs in my fridge

For yesterday;

1) My son usually struggles meeting people dressed up in costumes but he met Santa and Mrs Claus in a relaxed play session and enjoyed playing with them and then talked about them all day.

2) I met my Aunty for cake and a cuppa and we set the world to rights.

3) As I’ve been ill recently I’ve been way behind on Christmas preparations and it’s made me feel so guilty. Yesterday I had the epiphany that none of it really matters and what is done is done, what isn’t doesn’t matter. It was quite liberating.

• Heart
- My mother wasn’t using the delivery gift card her work to gave her so she gave it to me. I’m excited to put this to good use 😊
- Reminisced with my brother about our childhood. He recalls watching the Care Bears movie a lot courtesy of me. I swear he only joined me twice 😇
- Listening to my handy grandpa describe how he took apart and fixed the electrics of his friend’s pressure cooker

Reactions: 1
Played cards. The 3 of us highly competitive

watched some fun and trashy tv

a day relaxing and eating

Reactions: 2
Had a great boxing day qith my family but...

Everyone went home and I got my house back to just me and my husband

My house is clean, tidy and warm. And I shared the sofa with my husband (normally sit on different sofas) and we chatted about Xmas etc. Whilst watching worlds strongest man

Played board games which was fun
My house looks Christmassy still, we are dragging out the festivities
My rosecea is finally under control

Went for a long walk along the coast & it didn't rain (much!)
Made some lovely dinner
Enjoying having my Christmas tree up looking twinkly & festive

I brought my cats to my parents house while I am staying here, one of them used to love their little dog (when they were both very young) watching them play together again now 😍
Not as cold as yesterday
Made a yummy dinner, love that my parents house is always (over)stocked with food and they have a dishwasher so no washing up 😁

My son (2) has started giving us the thumbs up when he likes something and it’s so funny and cute.

my son (again hah) had a late Christmas present from family of a big play doh set and it has plastic scissors in it. Straight away he started trying to cut his hair with it 😂

two of my cats who don’t normally get on cuddled up together and it was so cute

• Heart
  • Haha
My son (2) has started giving us the thumbs up when he likes something and it’s so funny and cute.

my son (again hah) had a late Christmas present from family of a big play doh set and it has plastic scissors in it. Straight away he started trying to cut his hair with it 😂

two of my cats who don’t normally get on cuddled up together and it was so cute
The scissor thing made me laugh, basically everyone lockdown when hairdressers weren’t open 😂😂😂

• Haha
My smallest rabbit drinking from the cats water fountain … so cute

Getting home after driving down foggy roads to look up and see the stars ✨… we have the best night skies as no light pollution nearby

Catching the eye of a handsome guy parked next to me and sharing an appreciative glance 😉

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.