24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Such a hard watch. I hate sitting there watching the TV knowing there are so many vulnerable young girls out there, but i was hoping that programs like last night might help people recognise certain behaviours and grooming techniques. I also thought it was good that they touched on the Claires law, its such a useful scheme to know about and any law such as this or sarahs law should be used more (and in the right way) to protect those most vulnerable.
Absolutely sicko and it's worrying that he will most probably get worse.

Reactions: 17
The interview of the girl who he’d raped, as a viewer it felt intrusive, like I shouldn’t have been watching it. The poor thing had to write certain words down because she couldn’t say them. I don’t know, as a mother of a daughter it’s important that awareness is raised but also as a mother of a daughter I’d be damned if that interview was shown on tv, especially as she was described as vulnerable. It just left me feeling really conflicted 😐 Like what was the justification of the programme makers for including it?
To show the interview process possibly? Encourage others to come forward & show how compassionate the police are & not to be scared of being interviewed? So many still think they'll be blamed & it's their own fault, so don't come forward to even report it.

R ape stats are woeful aren't they I think. So few cases reported & awful conviction rate, if they even get to that stage. Aren't the gov or labour promising to do something about the process at the moment? Sure I've seen something recently...

Reactions: 6
The interview of the girl who he’d raped, as a viewer it felt intrusive, like I shouldn’t have been watching it. The poor thing had to write certain words down because she couldn’t say them. I don’t know, as a mother of a daughter it’s important that awareness is raised but also as a mother of a daughter I’d be damned if that interview was shown on tv, especially as she was described as vulnerable. It just left me feeling really conflicted 😐 Like what was the justification of the programme makers for including it?
They would’ve consented to it being shown. But I’m glad it was. It’s shocking and should be a wake up call to others about what is going on.

His scummy friends pissed me right off. They should’ve grassed him up or fucked him over

Reactions: 10
I was so shocked that 2 grown men sat and watched their friend rape a crying minor and did nothing, how could They not help protect her from this vile predator. I hope he is in general population and they treat him accordingly. That poor girl.

Reactions: 16
I was so shocked that 2 grown men sat and watched their friend rape a crying minor and did nothing, how could They not help protect her from this vile predator. I hope he is in general population and they treat him accordingly. That poor girl.
His friends are as repugnant as him, by not stopping him,they are as guilty

Reactions: 16
I’m sure one of those men was actually a woman, which in my mind is even worse.

Thanks for those who replied. I get that, but those particular excerpts of the interview they showed, I dunno, I just felt they were so sensitive, I’m sure other parts of it could’ve been shown to get the point across. The girl must be 17/18 now? That’s still so young to consent.

Horrible horrible stuff. I hope she’s ok.

Reactions: 9
I'm glad more people are learning about grooming. I hope that the girlfriend really was appalled by what the police were able to disclose to her.

Topic very close to my heart so I can never look away.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m sure one of those men was actually a woman, which in my mind is even worse.

Thanks for those who replied. I get that, but those particular excerpts of the interview they showed, I dunno, I just felt they were so sensitive, I’m sure other parts of it could’ve been shown to get the point across. The girl must be 17/18 now? That’s still so young to consent.

Horrible horrible stuff. I hope she’s ok.
It always makes me wonder how paedophiles and sex offenders justify their behaviour in their own minds.
I have the upmost respect for the young lady,she was incredibly courageous allowing her case to be aired, It could also be part of her 'process ' in dealing with what happened

Reactions: 4
Watched this last night. I couldn’t believe the mum that let her 15yo swap numbers with a 30 odd yo 😳 I know the detectives were saying it’s part of their grooming to get on with the family but I have a daughter and would never allow that.

Reactions: 12
He
Watched this last night. I couldn’t believe the mum that let her 15yo swap numbers with a 30 odd yo 😳 I know the detectives were saying it’s part of their grooming to get on with the family but I have a daughter and would never allow that.
He was 21 at the time but totally get what you mean, she was still a child at 15 & he was an adult & the mother should have told him to get lost!

Reactions: 11
Even if it was a lad of the same age I wouldn't allow my daughter to swap numbers with a complete stranger no matter how friendly and charming he might seem.

Reactions: 12
His friends are as repugnant as him, by not stopping him,they are as guilty
I understand what you're saying. But we don't know what actually happened or the dynamics. The woman seemed really upset that she didn't stop it. The offender was a very violent and volatile man. Maybe they were scared too. They were very quick to shop him to the police so I think it's unfair to assume they just let it happen.

They said they felt the need to stay to watch over her. So they knew he was taking advantage and was dangerous. Yes a normal person would just report him to the police in the first instance. But remember not everyone comes from good homes and has good lives. Things aren't always black and white.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They must have to wait for certain cases that are interesting enough and that can be shown. Same with the missing people programme that's only on randomly , I agree it's annoying though.

Reactions: 7
They must have to wait for certain cases that are interesting enough and that can be shown. Same with the missing people programme that's only on randomly , I agree it's annoying though.
what is the missing program please?