24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the kidnap of Angel Lynn on CH 4, true story & it is upsetting but an interesting watch.

Reactions: 4
I couldn't watch the beginning of it, in actual fact I can't watch the programme much anymore as the content is just too graphic for me. It does seem almost the extreme imagery is used to get views which I don't like. The work of the police is what I find interesting. The Facebook post by Pat's sister is heartbreaking to read.
I agree. I do enjoy 24 hours but felt uncomfortable with the frequent replays of the CCTV footage during both shows. Gratuitous in my opinion. There doesn’t appear to be any consideration to the victims families with this particular episode.

Reactions: 8
I quite enjoyed the early episodes where it felt a bit more like you were seeing an overall 24 hours in the custody suite, and you’d get a few extra people in a more peripheral way. I do enjoy seeing how the bigger investigations work but you’re right, it is gratuitous in its violence a lot of the time.

Reactions: 12
I love this prog. It fascinates me how differently they work compared to the Uk
Yeah, I mean sometimes they take no tit from people they are interviewing. Plus, their laws are so different. Usually a lot of eps involve guns too which is different to see.

I'd recommend Murder Trial that was on BBC Scotland. Two programmes have been on so far. The Disappearance of Margaret Flemming and The Disappearance of Renne and Andrew MacRae. I see there's a third part on next Tuesday, The Killing of Dr Brenda Page.

Reactions: 7
Is this the live court case in Glasgow ?
---

Now I need to watch this
It’s isn’t a live court case. It’s about a team called inside justice that look at possible miscarriages of justice. It was aired a few years back originally, I found it so interesting.

Reactions: 1
It’s isn’t a live court case. It’s about a team called inside justice that look at possible miscarriages of justice. It was aired a few years back originally, I found it so interesting.
Ah yes I’ve seen this. It’s really good.

The one I was thinking about is

(ETA - someone mentioned this above - sorry!)
---
I'd recommend Murder Trial that was on BBC Scotland. Two programmes have been on so far. The Disappearance of Margaret Flemming and The Disappearance of Renne and Andrew MacRae. I see there's a third part on next Tuesday, The Killing of Dr Brenda Page.
These have both been fascinating. L

Attachments

RE Curtis Long, he said to the police that he'd been going to Nick Papworth's to watch the UFC at 1am. But Papworth had called him just after midnight before the incident. I don't think he was involved in the stabbing or running over, but I also don't believe he was in the area just to 'watch UFC'. I think Papworth's called him as part of the gang to come and help him. and he's went, realised how serious everything was, and then left.

I also really strongly disliked that young detective. He seemed like he was playing cops and robbers and some of his statements to the camera were really off to to me. When he said that the stabbing happened because of 'blood lust' I rolled my eyes. No, it was because they off their faces on alcohol and cocaine, all lost their heads, there was a seething resentment between the groups and adrenaline was high.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
RE Curtis Long, he said to the police that he'd been going to Nick Papworth's to watch the UFC at 1am. But Papworth had called him just after midnight before the incident. I don't think he was involved in the stabbing or running over, but I also don't believe he was in the area just to 'watch UFC'. I think Papworth's called him as part of the gang to come and help him. and he's went, realised how serious everything was, and then left.
Curtis didn’t seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer tbh

I just found it confusing how one minute they said it was his bmw and he agreed it was, the next they’re saying it was someone else’s
---
I didn’t like the detective either, he looked a bit of a psychopath himself to be honest

Reactions: 4
Curtis didn’t seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer tbh
They all seemed thick as mince.
---
I just found it confusing how one minute they said it was his bmw and he agreed it was, the next they’re saying it was someone else’s
---
I didn’t like the detective either, he looked a bit of a psychopath himself to be honest
Totally beside the point but he needed to lose that moustache, my Nan could have grown a better one!

Reactions: 7

I also really strongly disliked that young detective. He seemed like he was playing cops and robbers and some of his statements to the camera were really off to to me. When he said that the stabbing happened because of 'blood lust' I rolled my eyes. No, it was because they off their faces on alcohol and cocaine, all lost their heads, there was a seething resentment between the groups and adrenaline was high.
Yes the young detective gave me the vibe of someone who had come through a 'fast track' scheme and think they know better than experienced colleagues. I completely disagreed with the blood lust comment too.

Reactions: 17
Yes the young detective gave me the vibe of someone who had come through a 'fast track' scheme and think they know better than experienced colleagues. I completely disagreed with the blood lust comment too.
Fast track! yep thats a good word for it. We have it in public sector for management and theyre always useless for the first few years until they get some experience under their belts. That blood lust comment reeked of assumptions that all criminals are evil baddies and doesnt take into account any of the adverse events and experiences that lead to crime.

Reactions: 8