2024 Celebrity Death Pool #3 No deaths but plenty of dick and crumpets!

Who will survive 2024:

• Sir David 'Penguin Botherer' Attenborough

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Dick 'Immortal' Van Dyke

Votes: 59 27.1%
  • Both

Votes: 89 40.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 31 14.2%
  • This thread is sick!

Votes: 12 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Death Pool continues!
The best thread on Tattle? That's not for me to say...

Thanks to @MLE007 for the thread title and @Shez80 for the poll idea

Recap:

We had a poll and eight people hate Dick

Alice bleeping Evans' brother is called Tony but he isn't famous enough to go on @MLE007's list of Tonys and is too silly to understand that the Death Pool is not a threat in any way, shape or form. A wish list, a gamble, a competition? Sure. Death threat? No

Glynis Johns (the Mum from Mary Poppins) died. Votes for women but nul points for her

@thenorthremembers bombarded us with more nul point deaths than you could shake a wrinkly Killer Cliff at

There was a lot of cat talk

Derek Draper died

David Soul died and Huggy Bear was a pimp (apparently some of you had not realised)

We talked about food A LOT and you've all got some weird sandwich/food combinations. Wrong 'uns

James Morrison's partner died. Nul points

We talked about where we were when we heard various famous people died (for example, @Elmoo was getting nits picked out of their hair when they heard Diana died and @TruthTeller1036 was in Spain when Michael Jackson died) and then we got annoyed remembering when royalty/famous death announcements would interrupt our favourite cartoons and shows

Kickball man Franz Beckenbauer died. Nul points.

Other kickball man Sven-Goran Eriksson has terminal cancer

@evie1975 likes young Dick but not auld Dick (I couldn't bring myself to have 'Young Dick' in a thread title, sorry)

Nobody from The List was dying so we started wondering how we'd know if any Tattlers had died. I might be dead by the time you read this...

Never forget that Mary loves Dick

In 2023, 61.8% of players got nul points

DJ Annie Nightingale died. Nul points

@anniemouse had a fish finger sandwich for the first time

We started naming food-themed celebrities because we're slowly losing our minds

Then we started discussing the method of execution that we'd prefer for ourselves

Rumours that Sir Dave Penguin Botherer had died turned out to be nonsense... or are they?

We started talking about songs not to sing in prison for some reason or other

King Charles has bum problems, Princess Dull has tummy trouble and Meghan Wotsit is probably planning something

We noticed that @SmillieKylie and @kurtCobainsguitar had been quiet on the thread for a while and all agree that @Mrs Fluff is a highly valued member of the thread and is always missed whenever they aren't commenting...

Apparently you original Death Poolers miss when I had antlers...

A 'Cliff Richard' fitted the bathroom of @me myself and karma and so then the Cliff puns started so I contemplated closing the thread there and then

The divine @Serene Serena went out on the town and thankfully did not choke on their own -or someone else's- vomit

We are all looking forward to the first Bonus Round of the year

We started talking about food (cheese dreams!) again...

Now bring out the dead!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
The weirdest dream I had after eating cheese before bed involved Tiger Woods Snoop Dog and some wild pigs

One of them got unalived, I can't even explain it lol, there was a lot of running around and I woke up very confused

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
FEBRUARY BONUS ROUND

Pick the celebrity you think will die during Valentine's Week, Monday February 12th to Saturday February 17th.

One vote per player; each celebrity can have multiple votes so you can all vote for the same people if you like. Watch out, Sir Dave!

You don't need to have an official list to take part so new players are welcome!

If you do have an official 2024 list, the Bonus Round does not need to be on your list.

You don't need to pick one of the names from The List, just make sure that they have a Wikipedia page to qualify.

You'll get ten bonus points plus the usual (100 minus the celebrity age at time of death).

Voting ends at midnight on Saturday January 27th but I might allow new players to take part after that date if I'm in a good mood.

Any further questions will be answered as they come up but I think that's all fairly obvious and explanatory!

Oh, and voting starts now!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@evie1975 likes young Dick but not auld Dick (I couldn't bring myself to have 'Young Dick' in a thread title, sorry
Many thanks for the mention.

I have some themed names in reserve for bonus rounds - for example Courtney Love for Valentines.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
BJM_3489-Edit.jpg

Look at this bloody lot ; all sitting with flat batteries etc

For God's sake, somebody kick the bucket! 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 11
FEBRUARY BONUS ROUND

Pick the celebrity you think will die during Valentine's Week, Monday February 12th to Saturday February 17th.

One vote per player; each celebrity can have multiple votes so you can all vote for the same people if you like. Watch out, Sir Dave!

You don't need to have an official list to take part so new players are welcome!

If you do have an official 2024 list, the Bonus Round does not need to be on your list.

You don't need to pick one of the names from The List, just make sure that they have a Wikipedia page to qualify.

You'll get ten bonus points plus the usual (100 minus the celebrity age at time of death).

Voting ends at midnight on Saturday January 27th but I might allow new players to take part after that date if I'm in a good mood.

Any further questions will be answered as they come up but I think that's all fairly obvious and explanatory!

I’m going to go with Shannen Doherty

Reactions: 3
FEBRUARY BONUS ROUND

I was gonna go with Johnnie Irwin as I was convinced this would be the time to go, winter would get him, but my choice for the bonus round is

David Jason

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.