Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I'm definitely going to make a list for 2024

In the meantime I'm going to nominate Michael Portillo for my next no points to die at some point this year, must be feeling it after his wife died
When did his wife die? I didn't know this. I've always been fond of Michael, seems like a nice enough guy.

shellie

VIP Member
Ray Stevenson’s death seems quite untimely, he was filming in Italy apparently. Not hugely famous, but he did some good work in film and TV over the years. I think there is one film (I want to say The Other Guys?) where he has an absolutely diabolical South African accent, but otherwise, solid supporting cast member work.

I remember him in Band of Gold and Rome. I recently rewatched At Home with the Braithwaites on ITVX and he was well-cast as the untrustworthy brother-in law Alison Braithwaite has a fling with.
He was really good in a cop show called City Central that used to be on BBC1 in the late 90s in an attempt to take on The Bill. A lot of actors these days prefer to be known as character actors rather than stars and I think that summed him up really well. He was never really the lead but he was always great in whatever role he had to do.

daydreamer95

VIP Member
matted hair/wig/shower cap - Post I responded to

Hang on a minute! Dont you dare throw the race card at me! I'm taking the piss of what is on his head, not his afro hair! - Response to my question

I had just watched news clip of Mizy being told he would be dragged out by his hair and I saw this comment again linking hair with violence it had matted hair then / wig no photo that’s the context

In my mind it would be matted wig / shower cap not matted hair then / wig / shower cap , because a wig is obviously hair that’s how I have read this and asked question about referring to his hair being matted in plaits / twists etc

If I’ve taken it wrong that’s a misunderstanding based on the above for the record

Kthxbye

Chatty Member
I lurk here but just wanted to say this thread gives me the most laughs on Twitter. But then, I’ve always had a weird sense of humour….

Re Rolf, that deffo wasn’t a ‘private ambulance’, it was an undertaker’s van, but I sort of wonder if it’s his wife that’s died - she’s not been in rude health for ages either.
That was a thought, but she's in a care home now, so not sure why a private ambulance would be at their house.

VC10

VIP Member
Could be a controversial topic as I know people have different beliefs on what’s happened, but could a missing person be considered for the list? I’ve noticed they’re searching a reservoir for Madeline, on a lead they’ve had saying someone says her body is in there. She’s been missing years but hasn’t actually been confirmed dead as far as I know?
I don't think anyone will ever get to the bottom of that mystery ...

#botsforlife

VIP Member
Alright, enough about Katie Price; this is all being addressed on her own thread. She has 27 votes, and I can't imagine any points being scored.

Do we think anyone will pop their clogs this weekend?
Yes but I think it will be a big soccer or cricket player… not a Tv star. We are due for a sports person to pass.

shakeygal

The documentary is excellent. If it doesn’t get lots of awards next year, then something will be very wrong.
But then again, I would’ve chosen Angela Bassett absolute power-house of a performance for the Oscar over Jamie Lee Curtis, so what do I know?! 😂
---
I said the exact same thing to my boyfriend the other week. If it does not sweep, we all know something is wrong. It is so good, and with the amount of attention it’s getting too, hopefully it won’t be brushed aside in usual awards season fashion