2021 Weddings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
guys sorry if this is a bit ot but what is a normal cost for a wedding band in the uk?
i feel like my local bands are giving me ridiculous quotes for the situation we are all in
My husband is a guitar player in a wedding/functions band and they charge £1800 plus travel expenses

Reactions: 2
I feel like all of my couples would happily cut their guest lists right back. It's the evening do bit which is becoming a real sticking point. We have tried to make it as normal as possible but for many a wedding is very much about the dancing and the party.

Apparently they did a survey and 80% said they would take a wedding of 50 people with an evening party over 100 people for a sit down meal but no evening and I completely understand.
Completely agree, I think most people would cut down numbers in order to have the ‘full day’. Especially when the guests have had the ceremony and meal together staying till the evening isn’t much more of a risk I would say

Lots of people I know here in the US including my own sister are pushing to have their weddings this year and sadly, we will not attend. At this point, the situation is so bad with the virus getting absolutely out of control plus the many variations popping up everywhere that we don’t even care if it’s only 15 or 30 people (although most are still inviting 100-200 and up :oops:), we’d rather not take the risk. It just isn’t worth it. I understand they’re all stuck in their contracts and that’s for them to work out but most people are living in their own bubbles right now out of fear, last thing on everyone’s minds is ‘let’s go to a big party!’ and the ones that do go, you hear about it on TV that they all got COVID.

i'm in contact with wedding bands a lot and they've been raising their prices every year but i thought they would be more considerate now?
everyone else has been: venues, photographers, dj's... only bands are some kind of superstars it seems
nothing below 3000 eur, i don't even want to offer them to clients!
(sorry this is not for my own wedding, i'm a planner)
Wow that sounds crazy expensive to me 😱 they must be divas 🤣 weddings are so expensive but that just seems so excessive to me.

Reactions: 1
tell each couple that none of the other couples are bringing their children 😂
There's still some that that wouldn't stop! 🙈 I didn't think it would be a big deal but seemingly some people get really offended they can't bring their children, even when the invite doesn't name them, and now I'm stressing.

There's still some that that wouldn't stop! 🙈 I didn't think it would be a big deal but seemingly some people get really offended they can't bring their children, even when the invite doesn't name them, and now I'm stressing.
How many are trying to bring kids? We are having my friends 1 year old at ours and my partners cousins will have a baby who’s a few months old. Everyone is getting pregnant atm though and id have to put a limit on at some point 🤣

How many are trying to bring kids? We are having my friends 1 year old at ours and my partners cousins will have a baby who’s a few months old. Everyone is getting pregnant atm though and id have to put a limit on at some point 🤣
Check with your venue whether there are any restrictions around children.

A friend of mine her venue had a real that if you had more than 10 kids you had to have a children's entertainer during dinner! She wasn't impressed as she wanted a wedding not a kids party, but she couldn't get it down to less than 10, even though 4 of the 11 kids were less than a year old!

Check with your venue whether there are any restrictions around children.

A friend of mine her venue had a real that if you had more than 10 kids you had to have a children's entertainer during dinner! She wasn't impressed as she wanted a wedding not a kids party, but she couldn't get it down to less than 10, even though 4 of the 11 kids were less than a year old!

We can have kids at ours. I definitely don’t want more than the two we will have going. Probably not be possible with the Covid situation anyway.

Ha ha .... oh god that would be a nightmare !
Anything could happen between now and then so fingers crossed 😬

Reactions: 1
Hope all you ladies are doing ok ☺

I’m probably being a bit too positive but 4/5 months away from my wedding and I’m throwing myself into planning as I’ve not done any for over a year. I’ve got all my suppliers sorted but I’ve had a bit of panic thinking I’m so disorganised.

Is anyone else still planning for a wedding when they haven’t got a clue how many people they can have? We are going to have to borrow some money off parents to get it all sorted after furlough and the whole Covid situation stopped us saving like we needed to.

Ive found a nice table plan and table names but obviously can’t buy them yet because we don’t know how many guests we will be having 😂

I just feel a bit anxious about it all. I don’t want my wedding to be tit because I haven’t done a good job or sorting it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hope all you ladies are doing ok ☺

I’m probably being a bit too positive but 4/5 months away from my wedding and I’m throwing myself into planning as I’ve not done any for over a year. I’ve got all my suppliers sorted but I’ve had a bit of panic thinking I’m so disorganised.

Is anyone else still planning for a wedding when they haven’t got a clue how many people they can have? We are going to have to borrow some money off parents to get it all sorted after furlough and the whole Covid situation stopped us saving like we needed to.

Ive found a nice table plan and table names but obviously can’t buy them yet because we don’t know how many guests we will be having 😂

I just feel a bit anxious about it all. I don’t want my wedding to be tit because I haven’t done a good job or sorting it all.
I’ve been relatively positive the last couple of weeks,my wedding is 4 month this Friday... I’ve started planning again, I feel like I’m planning for about 4 different weddings, but I have made lists of things that I need to start getting/doing and then a list of things I want to buy (ie table stuff etc) that depends on numbers.

I ordered my shoes and veil this week and it made me so hopeful and excited for the first time in bloody ages!

I just don’t want it to get to April/May and a wedding be allowed in June and we’ve done nothing and it be a massive panic!

I’ve left all the Facebook groups I was in that were wedding related as they were just super negative and making me feel worse about it all! I feel I am in a much better wedding mindset and am feeling hopeful!

• Heart
Reactions: 6