2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m lucky in a way as I don’t have anything booked to have to keep moving/cancelling but I feel like I’d just be setting myself up for a fall booking something new. I’m wondering if the price of UK holidays is going to be extortionate?

Reactions: 1
I think our family has realised it’s not going to happen this Summer. Waiting on a refund from RA for cancelled flights and I just don’t have the will to book again to go through this hassle again. Living in Ireland and prices for staycations are up already and a lot are booked out😩

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It’s not looking hopeful is it 😕 I see Jet2 have cancelled everything until the end of March. I am hoping and praying with everything in my being that we can go on holiday in the summer 🤞🙏

I’ve booked a couple of UK breaks. It involves more than one family though, so who knows. It’s a bit like play pretend at the moment. Made sure they offered a guaranteed refund if restrictions are in place, but I’m feeling hopeful because of The vaccine. We figured book now, pay deposits and hope for the best.

Reactions: 4
I’m lucky in a way as I don’t have anything booked to have to keep moving/cancelling but I feel like I’d just be setting myself up for a fall booking something new. I’m wondering if the price of UK holidays is going to be extortionate?
That’s why I’m thinking book now with a flexible deposit before everyone else does 😂

I’ve booked a couple of UK breaks. It involves more than one family though, so who knows. It’s a bit like play pretend at the moment. Made sure they offered a guaranteed refund if restrictions are in place, but I’m feeling hopeful because of The vaccine. We figured book now, pay deposits and hope for the best.
That’s exactly what I am going to do as well 👍

We have discussed this and don't think our Lanzarote holiday is happening. I called Jet2 to try and change it to 2022 but I'd still lose the deposit and have to pay £400 to change it over.
I'm not that upset by it tbh, I'm hopeful that the summer will give us chance to have friends and family round again and I'm so focused on it, that the holiday doesn't feel like a big loss.
I'd like a UK break instead perhaps.

• Heart
I've still got a few free hotel cancellations booked for this year, including Mexico in November. No flights though. We love going away at Christmas time so would love to be heading off to Asia or the US then.

So many people I know went abroad within Europe in 2020 that I think holidays to Europe, like a weeks all inclusive will be fine in the summer as they were last year, no matter ho the vaccine rollout.

With further afield I suppose it’s more of a waiting game, who knows. I am thinking there is potential that the US opens up to UK residents in the summer (dependant on where we are with vaccination) however with a negative test on entry still.

I’ve not booked anything yet, waiting to see where we are around May time. I would consider UK holidays but I live in a seaside town so feels a bit of a waste of money to go somewhere pretty similar to home.

I think based on current vaccine were roll out we are ahead of the game, I can see covid negative tests continuing to be required, it all adds up for holidays abroad (and risk).

I don’t want to be stressing surely I can go to centreparcs by august 😂

I haven't book anything but still hope for European holidays on summer (abroad). I am in a EU country and if needed, tests are free in any case here (supported by the equivalent of the NHS). It will probably be a last minute booking.

My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Venice for my 30th. He’s booked it for New Year so hopefully it will go ahead but we can move it if not.

Also hoping to have a honeymoon of some sort I wouldn’t mind if it was somewhere nice in England. Then do our big dream Honeymoon next year or the year after.

Hope you all get your hols this year 😊 I think it’s nice to have a bit of hope or something to look forward to anyway

Reactions: 7
When does everyone think they will allow international travel again and open up the air corridors?? I just feel like this year is a write off again 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ours is booked for july moved from last year, i dont even know if i want to go. I have had the vacine so im hoping i dont need a covid test to travel but we would still have to pay out for my husband and daugther to have it. I think id rather try for a refund

Reactions: 3
Ours is booked for july moved from last year, i dont even know if i want to go. I have had the vacine so im hoping i dont need a covid test to travel but we would still have to pay out for my husband and daugther to have it. I think id rather try for a refund
This is what I think as well, it all adds up £100 each, each way, plus I would be stressed over the testing as well

This is what I think as well, it all adds up £100 each, each way, plus I would be stressed over the testing as well
This sides not to bad but trying to sort one from your hotel, trying to find the place etc really puts me off

When does everyone think they will allow international travel again and open up the air corridors?? I just feel like this year is a write off again 🤦🏼‍♀️
It’s only still January! We are doing well with vaccines and the rest of the world is doing them! Positive positive thinking!!

Reactions: 5
Ours is booked for May where I’m hoping we will be on our way out of the lockdown and it’ll be abit like summer last year where we were set free to the world! The problem is having to make the final payment on the holiday 10 weeks before which is coming round pretty quickly. Do I pay up or lose my deposit 🤷🏼‍♀️

The only thing that keeps me going is the (albeit small) chance I'll leave the country this year. I had five holidays booked (not a brag - single, no children definitely helps haha!) last year and all were cancelled. Only one booked for June so far for 2021, but we've agreed that if needs be we'll pay to have the test and get out there. Only thing that would cancel it is if we needed to isolate on our return. Hoping by that time we'll have air corridors, or the R rate will be down due to mass vaccinations. I can't write this year off yet, honestly I refuse to 😂 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8