2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly can't see travel opening up now until at least September - they won't want a massive surge of families booking in the school holidays.
Agree Boris looked terrified when the question was put to him

Reactions: 2
Annoyingly I can see a load of travel corridors being set up over the next few months between other countries with no restrictions. The UK will get left behind because of the restrictions we're under and our silly traffic light system.

Reactions: 6
I had booked to go to Sicily, carried over from last year to this September. I’m in no hurry now to go away because I think there are too many mixed messages regarding going abroad. I would not want to be caught up in any chaos, finding myself having to get a last minute flight home. It is not worth the hassle. Besides, we are currently having a heatwave here, that will do me, for now.

Reactions: 1
It’s absolutely ridiculous. I can’t wait to see all the MPs faces on the 23rd.. the day that all of travel are uniting are heading to parliament and having a ‘meeting’ 😏

When are children summer holidays in Britain? I get the impression they are still going to school late.

When are children summer holidays in Britain? I get the impression they are still going to school late.
School holidays are six weeks from mid-ish July to the beginning to September.

I have a holiday booked for October - not holding my breath! Hope I can at least get SOMEWHERE

The travel industry are protesting at Westminster today. They must be getting the hint that this control for us mere everyday folk can not continue. Nice to see that celebs and politicians are able to get away whilst we are held in by obsence PCR testing costs. Spain are offering them for free!!! Clearly not mates with Wankcock 😂

Reactions: 5
Just booked Thailand for after Xmas so hoping by then things will be better over there 🤞🏼 If anyone is heading over to Phuket for the sandbox before that, I’d be really interested to hear how you got on!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just booked Thailand for after Xmas so hoping by then things will be better over there 🤞🏼 If anyone is heading over to Phuket for the sandbox before that, I’d be really interested to hear how you got on!
I was meant to have been in Thailand for Christmas and New year just gone. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

• Heart
The travel traffic light lists are a mess.
we need some clarity feel sorry for anyone in that industry

Reactions: 5
If you’re thinking about going, please please go. The UK’s travel industry is on its knees and needs all of the support it can get and they are getting no help at all from the government. 🥺🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My sister and brother in law have Majorca booked in the first two weeks of the school holidays and were praying it didn't go green this week. I think they, like many, are assuming that the green list status will only last a few weeks and now that's Majorca done for after that.

My sister and brother in law have Majorca booked in the first two weeks of the school holidays and were praying it didn't go green this week. I think they, like many, are assuming that the green list status will only last a few weeks and now that's Majorca done for after that.
I have colleagues who were hitting the ceiling with excitement about Ibiza being put on the green list ... so they went and booked trips for mid August! I mean, do what you want, but if you can get the leave and you really want to go, I'd be booking to go in the next 2 weeks or so.

I was meant to have been in Thailand for Christmas and New year just gone. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞
I was meant to go last summer to Thailand and we haven't rebooked our flights yet (we have vouchers) - they are opening Phuket I think really soon as a sandbox scheme and hoping to reopen the rest of tourism following that. I'm hoping to rebook for next year sometime too.