2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like myself and some of the other people who do support Trump for the purposes of this election (in better times, he would not be a top choice for many of us but as things stand, it is what it is) are the only people who provided any tangible reasons for why Trump is the better choice (in accordance with his policies and action the past four years and current state of affairs), while the pro-Dem members just keep screaming "Trump is racist/child predator/bigot" into the void continuously, and refuse to provide even one actual reason for why Biden is a good choice.

Bringing things back on topic, what do you all think of Biden's VP pick? Interesting that she seems to have slept her way into and up the political ladder (and then proceeded to stomp on the man she slept with who helped her). Funny morals from the left.

Some highlights from the articles below (which are FYI, liberal publications before the radical left slam me for my sources. Feel free to google this for a lot more detail/coverage....although interesting enough ever since she was made the VP nominee, none of the main stream media were reporting on this and the media that did report on the topic were asked to apologize/remove their articles. Not suspicious at all..../s):

"The allegations were fueled by an open letter her ex boyfriend Willie Brown, the former mayor of San Francisco, wrote about dating Harris in the mid 1990s. When they met, she was a 29-year-old assistant district attorney and he was the 60-year-old speaker of the California State Assembly. Harris ended the relationship short after Brown was inaugurated as mayor in January 1996.

In a letter to the San Francisco Chronicle published Saturday, Brown implied he helped Harris further her career. "Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago. Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was Assembly speaker," Brown wrote. "

"His career is over; I will be alive and kicking for the next 40 years. I do not owe him a thing," she told the San Francisco Chronicle at the time. "

Reactions: 9
I feel like myself and some of the other people who do support Trump for the purposes of this election (in better times, he would not be a top choice for many of us but as things stand, it is what it is) are the only people who provided any tangible reasons for why Trump is the better choice (in accordance with his policies and action the past four years and current state of affairs), while the pro-Dem members just keep screaming "Trump is racist/child predator/bigot" into the void continuously, and refuse to provide even one actual reason for why Biden is a good choice.

Bringing things back on topic, what do you all think of Biden's VP pick? Interesting that she seems to have slept her way into and up the political ladder (and then proceeded to stomp on the man she slept with who helped her). Funny morals from the left.
Check her recent commentary on the Louisville protests and violence. She appears to think it wonderful.

“Nothing that we have achieved that has been about progress, in particular around civil rights, has come without a fight, and so I always am going to interpret these protests as an essential component of evolution in our country - as an essential component or mark of a real democracy.”

Tell me, who’s paying her the big bucks to romanticise violence, intimidation and terror?

Reactions: 5
Check her recent commentary on the Louisville protests and violence. She appears to think it wonderful.

“Nothing that we have achieved that has been about progress, in particular around civil rights, has come without a fight, and so I always am going to interpret these protests as an essential component of evolution in our country - as an essential component or mark of a real democracy.”

Tell me, who’s paying her the big bucks to romanticise violence, intimidation and terror?
It really bothers me that she and Joe both keep "accidentally" calling it "the Harris administration." Makes me think they know Dems will lose the election with her in the president position so they are using Joe as a puppet on the same ticket and he will inevitably step down for health reasons if they win, and she'll take charge.

As you said, she seems unconcerned about the deaths of law-abiding citizens and law enforcements generally. Can't stand this cruel and dodgy woman.

Reactions: 7
I remember reading that about Harris years ago, these allegations/rumours are nothing new. Yet the very same people in the media who screamed "Stormy Daniels" for six months don't seem to care to investigate or bring it up.

I frequently find myself in the position of defending Trump, not because I support him, but because I don't support a dishonest and biased media.

I'd have no problem with that same media, and the way its went after Trump and his administration, if I'd witnessed that with Obama but they were AWOL for eight years when he was in office.

Biden has credible sexual misconduct allegations made against him, credible allegations of abuse of power re his son and the Ukraine, and in a political career spanning decades, his past pronouncements are a veritable ammo dump of political incorrectness when viewed today.

Yet the media doesn't give a toss.

I think Trump will win again, maybe even with a bigger majority as a backlash to BLM and Antifa rioting, and four years of the MSM propaganda program.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I remember reading that about Harris years ago, these allegations/rumours are nothing new. Yet the very same people in the media who screamed "Stormy Daniels" for six months don't seem to care to investigate or bring it up.

I frequently find myself in the position of defending Trump, not because I support him, but because I don't support a dishonest and biased media.

I'd have no problem with that same media, and the way its went after Trump and his administration, if I'd witnessed that with Obama but they were AWOL for eight years when he was in office.

Biden has credible sexual misconduct allegations made against him, credible allegations of abuse of power re his son and the Ukraine, and in a political career spanning decades, his past pronouncements are a veritable ammo dump of political incorrectness when viewed today.

Yet the media doesn't give a toss.

I think Trump will win again, maybe even with a bigger majority as a backlash to BLM and Antifa rioting, and four years of the MSM propaganda program.
My understanding is that she definitely had a romantic relationship with then 60 year old Willie Brown (he was the mayor of San Francisco) when she was 29. He even admits it himself:

"In a letter to the San Francisco Chronicle published Saturday, Brown implied he helped Harris further her career. "Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago. Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was Assembly speaker," Brown wrote. "And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco."

In other words, even if she didn't sleep her way up, she got her foot in the door using an inappropriate relationship which rubs me the wrong way. Feels very anti-feminist and cheater-like. Not to mention, it seriously makes me question her actual capabilities to be a VP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
2am UK time, I'll give it a miss.

Biden has said to have been campaigning less to spend most of his day prepping for this. Hillary made it way too easy; "because you'd be in jail" :LOL: like him or not soundbites work so well

• Haha
I just finished watching it and that was chaotic but expected. They all just kept yelling over each other, the moderator included.

I'm completely knackered despite not participating in the debate.

Reactions: 3
Circus theatrics and childish behaviour aside... What Trump said about Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by” sent chills. Pretty much marching orders. Terrified me when I heard him say it. I predict a lot of violence if the vote doesn’t go his way.

Circus theatrics and childish behaviour aside... What Trump said about Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by” sent chills. Pretty much marching orders. Terrified me when I heard him say it. I predict a lot of violence if the vote doesn’t go his way.

He is a bleeping monster. He also told his followers to "poll watch" which is an order for intimidation tactics and violence and is illegal for him to say. He is a piece of tit.

He is a bleeping monster. He also told his followers to "poll watch" which is an order for intimidation tactics and violence and is illegal for him to say. He is a piece of tit.
Yes. Many get caught up in the stupid things he says or does, but there were a few moments tonight where he was lucid to a select group of his followers. I felt like I was watching a malevolent dictator being born. He has planted seeds of doubt, creates mistrust in media and democracy, and will fuel outrage and violence as needed and sit back to watch it unfold. It’s very scary, actually.

Well that was something 😬

People are talking about there not even being a second or third unless things are changed massively.

Haven't checked the polls in a few weeks but looks like Biden has been going down

Screenshot_2020-09-30-09-16-10-334_com.android.chrome.jpg

That was uncomfortable viewing,
Canada will be looking to build their own trump style wall soon.

A lot of negativity towards the moderator. that was never gonna be an easy job but the moderator WAS a joke, he had no control over them, I don’t know why I’m following this so closely, it’s entertaining for the wrong reasons.

I will watch the Vice President debate, I’m more intrested in seeing Pence and Harris go at it for some reason 😂 We always knew this one would be a car crash.

Haven't checked the polls in a few weeks but looks like Biden has been going down
he wasn’t as bad as I feared he would be.
But it is a bit like watching a elderly neighbour going up on stage, hoping he doesn’t fall.
I don’t think the POTUS should evoke that reaction in anyone 😐

A lot of negativity towards the moderator. that was never gonna be an easy job but the moderator WAS a joke, he had no control over them, I don’t know why I’m following this so closely, it’s entertaining for the wrong reasons.

I will watch the Vice President debate, I’m more intrested in seeing Pence and Harris go at it for some reason 😂 We always knew this one would be a car crash.

But it is a bit like watching a elderly neighbour going up on stage, hoping he doesn’t fall.
I feel sorry for the US really, they have two pretty crappy options to choose from. I really don’t know why Biden is running (Bernie aligns much more with my politics but again, I wouldn’t put him as a president).

I am in Canada and honestly we are quite concerned. Trump is dangerous for the world but especially us. It is amazing he hasn't turned against us..yet

Also, worth noting, Biden has had a stutter from when he was a child which he has mostly overcome. So it sometimes appears when he's talking publicly...Trump supporters often say he senile but he's dealing with a speech impediment. When he could actually get a word in last night, he spoke well and coherent.

I am in Canada and honestly we are quite concerned. Trump is dangerous for the world but especially us. It is amazing he hasn't turned against us..yet
He has. “Canada was taking advantage of us...as usual.” Lies but that is what he does, as he imposed tariffs on aluminum.

Reactions: 2
Well that was something 😬

People are talking about there not even being a second or third unless things are changed massively.

View attachment 259884
Total trainwreck aside, I don't think that first debate helped convince anyone whose on the fence. Both candidates appealed firmly to their core, and their performance during the debate was basically what we all expected (belligerent Trump & exasperated, slightly confused Biden).

I thought what was interesting/scary was that:
  • Trump didn't commit to a peaceful transfer of power - instead, he talked a lot about election fraud, how it could take "months" to sort out the mail-in ballots situation, and told his supporters to keep an eye on their local polling stations, which is a bit scary. He's basically informing us that if he loses, he's not gonna step down easily.
  • That "Stand Back and Stand By" comment was extremely vague, and the Proud Boys are now thrilled and taking it as a marching order. The way he structured that comment also made it sound like the PBs are a potential solution to ANTIFA...very concerning comment from a Presidential candidate.

I barely heard any policy or actual facts/numbers from either candidate - they spent most of it shouting at and insulting each other. Worst presidential debate in a long time.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.