Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Juleslmc

To be honest from across the pond.

they both seem like creepy weird little dudes. 😐 no idea how that’s the best of the bunch.

but I will ask again (because I’m genuinely intrested)
Can anyone defend trump? And by defend I don’t mean attack Biden, but defend his continuous twitter rants, defend his actions over the last week alone, defend him as a president and explain why he should be in office for another 4 years 😐

I see a lot of people who strongly ride for him but I don’t really see why 🤷‍♀️
Trumpers genuinely don’t seem to be able to answer the question. It’s the same old all the time. Everything is made up and all lies.

I have always believed in having your own views and opinions. And I have plenty of respect for both Republicans and Democrats. Hell even if people voted for Trump in 2016 I wouldn’t judge. But to see Trumps actions over the last 4 years, let alone just this week in general then the mind boggles as to how people can still defend him ride or die like you said.

Anyways I rest my case. Let’s continue to see this circus play out until Nov 3rd. There is literally no point in trying to have a rational conversation with Trump supporters on here.

Reactions: 7

birdiefly246

VIP Member
I don’t get how in the US people seem to vote completely for the individual though rather than the party?

Like in the UK we vote Tory or Labour? It normally doesn’t matter so much who the leader is (unless it was Corbyn cos people hated him and it was a slightly different scenario which we won’t get ).

Like to me it doesn’t matter if Beyoncé is leading UKIP.. they’re not getting my vote 😬

it’s weird America places so much into the individual rather than the overall party or policies...
THANK YOU!

I say this all the time.

It's not big brother. You don't vote for your favourite. You vote for the party and their policies.

hnoz

VIP Member
I would love to speak to a trump supporter who wasn’t a believer in some truly insane and illogical conspiracy theories...

• Haha

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
You're laughing again. Did Trump use imported steel on many of his buildings while ignoring the American steelworkers, effectively contributing to the decline of the steelwork industry. Trump's tariffs haven't improved the steel industry.

If could you answer this question, why is the American steelworks still declining despite Trump's tariffs, if you can only laugh, it means you can't answer a very simple question.
and you didn’t answer any of my “simple questions” yesterday.

People in glass houses......

• Heart
  • Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
In August, his approval rating was at 42%. Not very high. If he wins again, I think the civil unrest will get worse... perhaps civil war? It is already bad enough with all of the protests.
So I have family and friends on both sides of the political spectrum and it's been interesting to hear their perspectives.

You have some die-hard Dems who are against everything Trump (and are definitely voting for Biden regardless of what happens) and some Republicans who are like this as well. On the other hand, there are a lot of moderate voters who might've voted for a moderate republican usually (socially liberal, fiscally conservative) but now have to choose between Trump and the very left leaning Dem party. A good chunk of people fall into that moderate category. I have a lot of friends for example who support the philosophy behind BLM but really hate the looters/protesters who are destroying property. I'm honestly not sure who they'd vote for.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
It's not a bandwagon or an echo chamber in the slightest. Trump being a terrible president is an opinion widely held by all sorts of people for all sorts of legitimate reasons.
Apparently if more than two people express disdain for Trump here it is an echo chamber. Despite the fact that if you read over the past 30 pages the majority is pro-Trump and poking fun of Biden and Democrats.

HanB33

So we ignore Trump's blatant racism and attraction to underage girls, also comments towards his daughter, no normal father would speak like that, but focus on Biden. Yup, you're not bothered when it comes from Trump.
They've both said very questionable things but I have seen enough actions linking Biden to his words - Trump, nada.

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
They're definitely controversial but I haven't quite figured out what they're supposed to be. They insist that they're not a white nationalist group, but some of their actions suggest otherwise. I would say they're probably on par with a radical far-left protestor/violent ANTIFA people, and less extreme than KKK. Their "chairman" is actually Cuban-American.

I understand it's basically impossible to talk over Trump or shut him up because that's just how he is, but I do think Biden should've been more firm/shown more energy. The stutter didn't help his case. It's not his fault of course, especially if it's a childhood habit, but definitely something for him to improve on during the next two debates. If he lets Trump talk over him constantly, he won't be able to get his messages across. I could barely hear anything he said yesterday. With Trump, you have to drop your usual manners and be aggressive.
They need to mute the mic of those not talking. Trump is a bull.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I thought he called it the China virus, which is correct as it originated in Wuhan, which is in China!!
Regarding Muslims, Trump is the only president who has highlighted the plight of the 13 million Uyghur Muslims, who have been subjected to the most horrific abuse that includes slave labourer, forced organ harvesting, and re-education camps. Donald Trump is also the only president to stand up to China by clamping down on Chinese owned businesses such as TikTok and We Chat. This is because all Chinese companies are tied to the PRC, and report to them. Additionally, Chinese companies are well known for stealing intellectual property rights of American (and other countries) companies, and then copying and registering them in China. And Trump is the only president to call them out for this. Biden has a very different agenda with the PRC, and wants to cosy up to Xi. !!
I think it should be made clearer that someone can be against a certain regime and their actions (what country hasn’t had its share of questionable leadership?) vs. racism/hatred for a group of people. The Chinese people are not to blame for what happened, given they are just living the best way they can under the regime that is there and Trump has clearly stated that Asian Americans shouldn’t be attacked. I do think Trump should be more careful with his choice of words but I think his focus is more so on the policies and actions of the government than the people.

• Heart

IncognitHoe

Trump 2020 💪🏼🇺🇸 Imagine creepy Joe being in charge 😭 he’ll wake up in the morning and forget who he is 😂 absolute mayhem

• Haha

Sabbie

VIP Member
We are getting a snow storm here in New England. It’s going to last through tomorrow. Kudos to people who will be willing to stand outside in a snow storm waiting to vote. Sad for people who won’t be healthy enough to do that (that would have been me). I am so grateful to have been able to cast my vote by mail. So many citizens did not get that privilege.

• Heart

WickedWendy

I think he can remember who he was campaigning against and he can also tell his son from his granddaughter 😂
But not his daughter from a woman he can date. Just stop it. We all have eyes and ears, Trump is not articulate. My personal fav is The Daily Show's roundup on his misspeaks and gaffs. (But what about, what about...lol, Trumpers love whataboutism.)

• Haha

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Well. Reading this thread was a delight 😬

as someone from the UK who has never seen anyone defend Trump in terms of his racist or sexist attitudes, it’s shocking to actually see Trump supporters exist.
Im not shocked to. See Trump supporters exist, everyone has their politics. I'm just shocked that they justify some of the things he has said.

Pinchme

VIP Member
So, being clueless is okay?
I didn't say it was OK?

Just saying the difference between the two, Trump is a brilliant bussiness man, hence USA was booming b4 covid hit, he's not so good answering questions, but at least he can remember what the question was.

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Don't try to make his comments more palatable by saying they are just "inappropriate". It's straight up racism however you try to dress it.

He also refused to rent to black tenants: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html2
I didn't want to resort to this given I think it's more important to focus on people's actions rather than words and on someone's achievements instead of attacking the opposition, but what do you think of Biden saying "poor kids are just as bright as white kids?" If we really want to get into a discussion about awkward racist comments made by these two candidates, we can be here all day.

Here is the NY Times, a Dem leaning publication, with proof of this happening:

• Heart

cedarpeach

Is it acceptable to call black children “cockroaches”?? Is it acceptable to say that you “LOVE” having children jumping up and down on your lap”?? These are all things that Creepy Biden has actually said.. But you think Trump is worse??
Girl - BYE !!
How patronising. I don’t know what I expected but this thread is embarrassingly lacking in any coherent conversation or debate.

• Haha
  • Heart

Unagi

Chatty Member
It’s literally like “Groundhog Day” here!! As this poster keeps repeating himself over the Trump wanting to date a 10 year old girl. But, I would like to know WHY these posters cannot explain WHY people should vote for Biden?? But NO answer!! Just the same inane questions and comments from yesterday AGAIN!!....🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣
It’s like talking to a toddler who keeps asking “but why...but why...but why”.
That's the lips, not the cheeks.

Also, Trump said he would be dating a ten year old girl soon. Will you defend it?
You need to get yourself to an optician pronto.
He said he would be dating her in 10 years so she clearly wouldn’t be underage then.

• Heart