Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Trump is misogynistic, he does not respect women.

I consider myself a feminist, for that reason I really struggle to understand any woman who chooses to support him. I do realise that may be in part to my beliefs.

I know the creepy Joe comments are going to come out but he hasnt actually used language in public that is misogynistic.

Trump stood at a rally last week and used the phrase 'we are getting your husbands back to work' how condescending and rude. In the US women are the main breadwinners in 40% of households.

To him though a woman could never be as important or intelligent as him. Theyre beneath him. His comments about women in the past have been deplorable.

Even if I was a republican I could not support a man like that. Not in government and not in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Watching the speeches it really did have a sense of the adults were in the building. The constant use of "we", "us" etc. Whilst I wasn't sure Biden was the best choice of candidate for the Democrats I have to admit I have been impressed with the dignity he has shown throughout. The world of politics has been so divided and angry in the US and in the UK, it gives me a teeny but of hope that it might get better

Squarehole

VIP Member
I have also just seen on the news Trump supporter in states where he is closing the gap are now outside shouting Count that Vote 🤯

So literally they want them to only count votes for Trump 👍 I don't understand what these people think an election is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I know you guys are going to make fun of me because I’m a silly American but I have to tell you all that when I first saw Boris on TV for the first time ever I genuinely as in GENUINELY thought it was a comedy show and someone was wearing a wig to make fun of someone else. I am so sorry, I hope I don’t offend - I just can’t figure out his hair situation? He looks really rough all the time, like he just rolled outta bed and straight to the podium.
You haven’t offended me. Everything you’ve said is true. He’s an embarassment.

Moonstone

If anyone is interested in watching John McCain’s short speech when Obama won - he was a Republican and this is how you concede in grace. Remember Trump made fun of him when he was alive and said that he was not a real hero because he was a prisoner of war (and poor John McCain, he was terribly tortured) and continued to talk bad about him even after his death. Many are saying that THAT is why he’s losing Arizona (so far at least) where McCain was a senator.
John McCain speech on Twitter

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Such a shame we can’t have an election to rid ourselves of our own peroxide blonde tyrant.

• Heart

Juleslmc

I think people have to realize how dangerous Trunks rhetoric has been and continues to be. I don’t even consider him a true Republican. He is just the Trump party. Let’s not forget he used to be a Democrat and great friends with the Clintons in the 90’s. However a mute point. He has fueled the fire for such a dangerous division in the US and it’s terrifying.

And just like other posters have respectfully said about US politics, I would never claim to understand British politics. I am not a fan of Boris from what I know but I think that as bad as Boris may be he is not a dangerous man. I don’t see him being a proponent of a Civil War literally which is what Trump threatens just because he isn’t getting the vote he thinks he deserves. Let’s be very clear Trump could care less about the US people. The only person he cares about is himself. But he will say anything and everything to dupe his supporters. As dangerous as politics can be in other Western countries the division that we are experiencing here in the US the last 4 years along with people actually fearing for their lives is terrifying and mind boggling that after everything people could still support this narcissist.

• Heart

Squarehole

VIP Member
Like him or hate him I don't see how anyone could support his current behaviour. If he believes there has been fraud then by all means follow the process have it investigated and if true prosecute . But to be having 7 year old level tantrums and inciting unrest is insane. This isn't Kanye West having a break down this is the man in charge of one of the major powers of the world and with an influence that goes with it.

It's insane I actually can't believe what I'm watching.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

hrh89

VIP Member
I’m not American but I just saw the news. I feel really quite emotional. Finally an end to that monster. I really hope the next four years are what America hopes for. Praying the aftermath of this isn’t unrest and fighting. I hope everyone in America is safe.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Moolo

What he's saying is just so dangerous - he's going to get people killed with this shit.

And now all anyone is going to hear for the next god knows how long is fraud, fake votes, fake blah blah blah

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I suppose this is what happens when you elect a reality tv nut job as the president of the United States of America 😕

he’s fighting for another “series” of this shit show

• Haha

birdiefly246

VIP Member
It's so lovely watching people on the streets celebrate. Such a difference to the scenes of people sobbing in 2016!!

JLXRD

VIP Member
I see a lot of people who dislike Biden as a person (not for his policies or beliefs) saying similar things as to what they did about Corbyn in our last couple of elections.

I feel like people view kindness as weakness in politics unfortunately 😔