00s nostalgia!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As requested in the Topshop nostalgia thread here:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sugar magazine :)

I have Furby pyjamas and a 12 year old asked what they were 😂

Also don’t want to derail into good old days sanctimonious dullness, but I am so glad mobile phones weren’t a thing, or even social media until I was like 16. Imagine sitting in class and everyone on their phones or playing Tik toks :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Does anyone remember polyphonic ringtones where you bought a set of numbers to key in to make the sound? They were always in the back of teen mags :)
I’ve got a feeling- black eyed peas. Tik tok- kesha
Bacardi breezers
How old are my fellow 00ers? I’m 32 so started secondary school in 2001 and uni in 2008 :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Sugar magazine :)

I have Furby pyjamas and a 12 year old asked what they were 😂
Praying someone who worked on those magazines comes to tell us what went on behind the scenes! They were v chaotic 😬 I only read them at school but feel like every other one had someone who didn’t know they were pregnant only to give birth in a toilet cubicle?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Praying someone who worked on those magazines comes to tell us what went on behind the scenes! They were v chaotic 😬 I only read them at school but feel like every other one had someone who didn’t know they were pregnant only to give birth in a toilet cubicle?
They always had so much sex in! Really inappropriate for their readership seeking as you’re not supposed to even have sex until you’re 16 :)

And Gok Wan :)

MSN messenger :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I get so nostalgic listening to these 🥰 -
Amy Winehouse and Mark Ronson - Valerie
Lily Allen - Smile
Razorlight - In the morning
Hi Tack - Say Say Say
Rihanna - Umbrella

Wearing thick black eyeliner with thin eyebrows, pale lipstick or gloss, side fringe, skinny jeans with ballet pumps or in winter tucked in knee high boots or uggs, tiny handbags. I must have looked a state!! 😂

Having a Pink Motorola Razr phone mid 00s or Nokia 3210 early 00s
s-l640.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I get so nostalgic listening to these 🥰 -
Amy Winehouse and Mark Ronson - Valerie
Lily Allen - Smile
Razorlight - In the morning
Hi Tack - Say Say Say
Rihanna - Umbrella

Wearing thick black eyeliner with thin eyebrows, pale lipstick or gloss, side fringe, skinny jeans with ballet pumps or in winter tucked in knee high boots or uggs, tiny handbags. I must have looked a state!! 😂

Having a Pink Motorola Razr phone mid 00s or Nokia 3210 early 00sView attachment 1245741
3210 with snake on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I really loved celebrity gossip as a teen back then! I loved looking on TMZ & Perez Hilton. I enjoyed seeing what celebs had recently been arrested lol! it was usually for drunk driving or being in possession of cocaine (usually both). Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears were always on celeb gossip blogs.

Also would read the newspaper that my dad bought but only if there was a celeb scandal 🤣 usually some glamour model who had slept with a married footballer or drug scandals! Like Kate Moss being filmed doing lines in a music studio with Pete Doherty

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I really loved celebrity gossip as a teen back then! I loved looking on TMZ & Perez Hilton. I enjoyed seeing what celebs had recently been arrested lol! it was usually for drunk driving or being in possession of cocaine (usually both). Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears were always on celeb gossip blogs.

Also would read the newspaper that my dad bought but only if there was a celeb scandal 🤣 usually some glamour model who had slept with a married footballer or drug scandals! Like Kate Moss being filmed doing lines in a music studio with Pete Doherty
Oh gosh yeah remember how big Paris and Nicole were :) it seems weird to think of a celebrity world before the kardashians!

Reactions: 9
Loss of MSN messenger has left a gaping hole in society and I'm ready to die on this hill. I hate every single chat/text app I've used since then and I still miss MSN.

I miss the MTV of 00s as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Used to love How clean is your house, You are what you eat, It's me or the dog, Supernanny, How to look good naked, 10 years younger, Wife Swap. Channel 4 was the channel to watch in the evenings in 00s. Big Brother and Shameless too.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Used to love How clean is your house, You are what you eat, It's me or the dog, Supernanny, How to look good naked, 10 years younger, Wife Swap. Channel 4 was the channel to watch in the evenings in 00s. Big Brother and Shameless too.
And there was no catch up either so everyone watched X factor at the same time 😂 or record it on video

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Did anyone watch a reality show on VH1 called Flavor of Love? It was wild but so many iconic moments from Tiffany Pollard, I loved it 🤣

Reactions: 17
Does anyone remember polyphonic ringtones where you bought a set of numbers to key in to make the sound? They were always in the back of teen mags :)
I’ve got a feeling- black eyed peas. Tik tok- kesha
Bacardi breezers
How old are my fellow 00ers? I’m 32 so started secondary school in 2001 and uni in 2008 :)
same .. started secondary in 2001.... don't think I ever bought a ringtone just had to compose my own 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I loved The Simple Life and could often be found wearing a Juicy Couture tracksuit tucked into Ugg boots 😭 (I’m 31)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I was 9 right at the the start- I remember tamagotchis, sunny delight, s club 7. Diggin it on ITV and Jamie up on the roof.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.