00s nostalgia!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trinny’s currently on massive billboards on the tube promoting her skincare!

Do wonder why she’s not really done much TV since? Probs the slightly toxic energy of the old shows 😬
Trinny and Susannah had TV shows in US and Sweden (& maybe elsewhere?) On another forum, some Swedish women said T&S were a flop because Swedes hated how bleeping mean they were. I remember thinking to myself "ahhh and that's why we loved them" :ROFLMAO: 🇬🇧

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The Ting Tings
Orange mobile network
Perez Hilton's site where he used to draw rude stuff on the photos of celebs
Bebo
Waistcoats
Layered hair
"I wish I was a punk rocker" song

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
I loved The Simple Life and could often be found wearing a Juicy Couture tracksuit tucked into Ugg boots 😭 (I’m 31)
I was also a massive simple life fan and I’m also 31! I’ve actually been rewatching the simple life recently as well 😂 I loved how Paris and Nicole would look and dress. I used to buy rara skirts and the colourful sandals with the little kitten heels just because Paris would wear them 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Orange Wednesdays were the one back in the day 😂 I ended up being with EE until about 2020 literally as a legacy of that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I was in my 20s during the 00s - how old does that make me feel?!? :oops:

I do miss internet forums though....I know they still exist now as I'm currently writing on them, but it was such an exciting time to be able to find people with a similar interest and talk with them. Made lifelong friends this way, we've moved to Facebook groups, but it's different.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I met Susannah at wedding (my friend getting married was her kids nanny and they were bridesmaids) she was absolutely lovely and said I had lovely eyes :ROFLMAO: her husband clearly didn’t want to be there and spent the whole of the reception completely uninterested, back turned to everyone on his phone….what does the hubby do?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was 15 in 2000. Absolutely loved that time of my life, early 2000’s. I feel we had the best of technology and how it hadn’t quite taken over like it has now but was handy at the same time, like msn and sending a 10p text unless you’d got an o2 sim with 300 free messages. We still had a level of innocence that teens and kids don’t seem to have now.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Omg orange Wednesdays and writing ‘anyone got a spare orange Wednesday?’ On your Facebook status 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I remember I got £10 credit a month for my Nokia 3310 and texts were 10p. And you could only store 5 texts at a time! The struggle was real. My phone case looked a bit like this too.
41V5RD09C2L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
And it cost like 50p to send a ‘multimedia’ message with an image 😂 I used to get so annoyed when I had to waste a text/credit on say telling my dad when I was coming home and he used to remind me that he paid for the phone and that was what it was for

• Haha
Reactions: 24
And it cost like 50p to send a ‘multimedia’ message with an image 😂 I used to get so annoyed when I had to waste a text/credit on say telling my dad when I was coming home and he used to remind me that he paid for the phone and that was what it was for
I was so cheeky I'd 0800 REVERSE and be like "pickmeupfromtown" in the bit where you'd say your name 😂

My whole bedroom was Groovy Chick 😂
I loved Groovy Chick so much 😂 I also liked whatever these things were.
lgmp0136+loopy-lass-bubblegum-character-mini-poster.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Also you couldn’t use the phone and internet at the same time :)
I remember an IT lesson in 2001 when we were taught how to look something up on Google 😆 some of us had never been on Google.com before- fair enough we were 11/12 with no devices

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I was 18 in 2000, my siblings were 16, 13 and 10. I did not have a phone until I started uni, it was a pay-as-you-go brick that could store 10 messages! By the time my youngest sibling went to uni, not even a decade later, there was no need to go to the computer lab to check e-mails etc, WiFi was provided as part of the accommodation fee!
I loved sugar magazine, I even got a yearly subscription for my 15th or 16th birthday.
I am so glad I never overplucked my eyebrows thanks to a friend’s mum who did my makeup for a school event and she said my eyebrows were a lovely shape, so I never touched them!
Finding a foundation to match my pale skin with pink/neutral undertones was another story! The choices were ghost/geisha white, several shades of yellow or orange and that was it.
I loved Urban Decay’s glittery single eyeshadows, though they cost several limbs to buy!
I had a massive CD collection, I used to buy lots of film soundtracks.

Reactions: 15
Internet cafes
Orange Wednesday
Heat magazine
Puffa jackets
Denim mini skirts
Gypsy skirts
Scarf worn as a belt on jeans
Reebok trainers
Baxter jeans - Top Shop ( best jeans, never been able to find better since ❤)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.