Topshop Nostalgia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to work in New Look and absolutely loved their clothes. We got 50% discount for their clothes and 25% for concessions like AX Paris. I loved it at the time and bought all my going out clobber from there. I still always have a cheap going out bag from New Look in rotation, partly out of habbit. I'm amazed they're still going tbh when the quality is no better than fast fashiom websites and the price is a little bit more. If I had a pre teen daughter I'd maybe take her for the 9-15 range which I loved but tbf that's probably not what kids would want nowadays and I'm as bad as my Mum taking me into Wallis 😂

I was going through my FB earlier trying to find a photo for a card and came across this dress which New Look sold loads of in the late 00s. I bloody loved them. Like body con with a floral pattern... perhaps if this picture hadn't been taken on a bottom of the range digital camera you'd be able to see it better 😂 Also how 00s teen is this room set up 💀

View attachment 1239095
I think I had this exact dress! Looking back my teenage bod looked absolutely banging in it but I was so self-conscious and convinced I was a fat lump that I used to wear those long waterfall cardigans over it.

Also well jel that you were allowed a TV in your room 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think I had this exact dress! Looking back my teenage bod looked absolutely banging in it but I was so self-conscious and convinced I was a fat lump that I used to wear those long waterfall cardigans over it.

Also well jel that you were allowed a TV in your room 🤣
Omg same 😭 I look at that picture and want to scream because I had no need to be so insecure! I was probably also sucking in to high heaven which is ridiculous.

Hahaha I was living the dream watching Skins on that bad boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I used to work in New Look and absolutely loved their clothes. We got 50% discount for their clothes and 25% for concessions like AX Paris. I loved it at the time and bought all my going out clobber from there. I still always have a cheap going out bag from New Look in rotation, partly out of habbit. I'm amazed they're still going tbh when the quality is no better than fast fashiom websites and the price is a little bit more. If I had a pre teen daughter I'd maybe take her for the 9-15 range which I loved but tbf that's probably not what kids would want nowadays and I'm as bad as my Mum taking me into Wallis 😂

I was going through my FB earlier trying to find a photo for a card and came across this dress which New Look sold loads of in the late 00s. I bloody loved them. Like body con with a floral pattern... perhaps if this picture hadn't been taken on a bottom of the range digital camera you'd be able to see it better 😂 Also how 00s teen is this room set up 💀

View attachment 1239095
I had this dress (or a very very similar one!!!) and also… basically the same bedroom 😂 down to that tin of Superdrug hairspray! (Extra hold)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Just read this whole thread whilst at the hairdressers. I’ve never cringed so hard!! Spent most of secondary school persuading my mum to buy me anything at all from TopShop. And if she agreed to it (“it’s too expensive”) then I’d make her wait outside the shop as she wasn’t cool enough to go in 😭 I remember the year she agreed to buy my winter coat from there, wore it to school every day of the year!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
when i was growing up the miss selfrudge near me onky has a communal change room, which as a really body insecure teenager put me right off
We had a shop here in Northern Ireland called NV which was a bit like Miss Selfridge but just a lot cheaper. It was very popular when I was a teenager. I remember before they got proper cubicles they had a big communal dressing room with just flimsy curtains than barely closed. The curtains also literally went to about knee height so not ideal when you were quite short. I used to have to get my mum to stand in front of me. It was awful :oops:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We’re all so 00s on this thread, we should start a thread for ‘00s nostalgia in general :) There’s an 00s tv thread but it has too much 90s in it for my liking- I was born in 1989 so I don’t remember 90s fashion etc, only 90s toys 😹

• Heart
We had a shop here in Northern Ireland called NV which was a bit like Miss Selfridge but just a lot cheaper. It was very popular when I was a teenager. I remember before they got proper cubicles they had a big communal dressing room with just flimsy curtains than barely closed. The curtains also literally went to about knee height so not ideal when you were quite short. I used to have to get my mum to stand in front of me. It was awful :oops:
Omg I had forgot all about NV! Do you remember Exhibit as well?
I think I've still got a hairband and some scrunchies from both of them 😂
I remember NV were really ahead with the whole "have one item and do it in EVERY colour" thing. I kinda missed the shop when I went to uni and needed cheap themed clothes for AU nights. Spent many annoyed Wednesdays in Manchester charity shops looking cheap yellow polos for pub golf wishing I had the Bow Street Mall NV nearby 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Omg I had forgot all about NV! Do you remember Exhibit as well?
I think I've still got a hairband and some scrunchies from both of them 😂
I remember NV were really ahead with the whole "have one item and do it in EVERY colour" thing. I kinda missed the shop when I went to uni and needed cheap themed clothes for AU nights. Spent many annoyed Wednesdays in Manchester charity shops looking cheap yellow polos for pub golf wishing I had the Bow Street Mall NV nearby 😂
I loved Exhibet! My friend worked in it and we all thought she was really cool 😂 I had some really nice little dresses etc out of there.

NV did these little slip on mule things that I had in EVERY colour which cost about £10 each along with jackets the same colour to match 😂 Such a fashionista! I loved Bow Street Mall omg flashbacks of the food court upstairs and the big NV. I lived in Portadown when I was a kid/teenager and we had NV just across the road was the boys shops - Gino's, with its wu tang hoodies and crosshatch jackets. What a time 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh wow this thread has unlocked so many memories 😍 on the flip side, I worked for Topshop from 2001 to around 2006. I only used to buy clothes with my uniform allowance as it was too expensive for me back then 🤣 I still have some of my girl boxers, a Moto jacket, and a few tops

I remember when I first started out in a concessions in Debenhams and the stock room hadn't been kept very well so I went in after hours to have a good sort out with my price gun and I found some right bargains! Discontinued coats for 50p 😱😱

Will say ... When I worked there they had a brilliant training programme. One of the best companies I worked for

I remember when I moved to a big 3 floor store and would be helping the girls on the tills and when "satisfaction" used to come on the TV's all the lads next to thier girlfriends in the queue couldn't take their eyes off the telly's 🤣

I helped set up the flagship store in Birmingham bullring which was an experience! I've got nothing but great memories from that era and makes me so sad to think they are no longer around (although I didn't used to shop in them as such 😄)

If anyone is ex staff around the Midlands and can remember Val who used to do the training - what a legend. I owe a lot to her ❤

I moved on to miss Selfridge after a while and although the same umbrella group, Topshop always had my heart after working for them first ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You would know the woman I was acquainted with who started off manning the changing rooms on a Saturday, entered the training scheme and ended up being a director.

Reactions: 1
I've just found some of my old bits out 😍 (sorry for the quick double post)

IMG_20220505_120126_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220505_120218_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120224_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120230_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120235_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120240_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120244_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120250_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120259_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120325_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120352_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220505_120414_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220505_120421_HDR~2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I loved looking through these- the first one I actually thought that was a photo of the lanyard and training manual you’d kept all these years haha :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I loved looking through these- the first one I actually thought that was a photo of the lanyard and training manual you’d kept all these years haha :)
It is .. I put them on top of my Moto jacket 😄

The others are photos I took of the first store I worked in and part of the stock room where's I'd set up a little team area 😆 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg love this, thank you for sharing! ❤

Will make a 00s nostalgia post as requested too, but after baby bedtime tonight! Unless anyone else would rather before! x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've just understood what you meant 🤣🤣

I remember when I worked in Miss Selfridge (and I may or may not out myself to the very small team at the time 😜) and RACHEL ADEDEJI walked in and I was so starstruck 🤣 one of the team went over and told her I was her biggest fan and she came and gave me a hug 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Guys we now have a 00s nostalgia thread!

👀

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.