00s nostalgia!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg I can't believe I was one of those ones going into school using a Jane Norman bag as a school bag and stinking of Calvin Klein CK One.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Also you couldn’t use the phone and internet at the same time :)
I remember an IT lesson in 2001 when we were taught how to look something up on Google 😆 some of us had never been on Google.com before- fair enough we were 11/12 with no devices
Remember Ask Jeeves the search engine? :ROFLMAO: That's what we were shown in IT lessons using internet for the first time. Had to type the whole question out like "Can you tell me what/how/where ____ please?" like we were talking to an actual person

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I loved Heat magazine, it was created just before I started uni and it is the only one I still read! I have seen it go through loads of different versions and I think it is still the best one overall for fashion, entertainment, food and celebrity gossip!

Reactions: 11
I had a 3310 and bought a Busted logo for it from a magazine, probably Top of the Pops. I continued to use the phone in that state (complete with obnoxious self-composed monophonic ringtones) until my first year of uni in 2009 when the battery finally conked out.

For anyone curious, Matt was obviously the fittest, followed by Charlie and then James.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Anyone also have a warehouse bag? 🤣 every girl in my school had one and bomber jacket/coat and fur round the hood hair in a "quiff" or side fringe

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Anyone also have a warehouse bag? 🤣 every girl in my school had one and bomber jacket/coat and fur round the hood hair in a "quiff" or side fringe
I didn’t but my friends at school did along with the bomber jacket and hairstyle you mention 😂 don’t forget the wrong shade of Dream Matte Mousse!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
^My mum used to use that brand of make up! She would buy it from our local chemist when I was a kid lol

Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20220506-193938_Samsung Internet.jpg
When I passed my driving test I had severe side sweep hair. When I married and changed my name they bunged me more yrs on, same pic. I had to renew in lock down, came back same pic...eternally 00's til 2030 now 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I had a miss selfridge bag with the heart logo on it that I used for school, loved that bag 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just caught the end of Hollyoaks (it’s before ch4 news although ngl did watch it on mat leave 😂) and a character has just been impaled by a shell ornament - which reminded me of the glory days of soaps!

Are they still as good as the glory days of Richard Hillman driving Gail Platt and co off a cliff??

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 1248114When I passed my driving test I had severe side sweep hair. When I married and changed my name they bunged me more yrs on, same pic. I had to renew in lock down, came back same pic...eternally 00's til 2030 now 😆
Matte mousse is giving me violent flashbacks, why did we slather our face in this thing, Jesus... 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had a miss selfridge bag with the heart logo on it that I used for school, loved that bag 😂
Omg yeah forgot about that bag 🤣 miss selfridge and warehouse were the shops to go to , I remember the first year I got school shoes that weren't clarkes

Reactions: 4
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER PUNKY FISH 🐟 😂
Remember being really surprised they still had a store in Camden the last time I went (defs pre covid). Just looked on companies house and can’t make sense of it, looks like one person has registered 3/4 different companies all named slightly different things?! And dissolving at different dates and never really posting any accounts.

God what a Friday night ey 😂

Omg wait, this is probs why the million different companies with no actual accounts filed made no sense 😂

7E5DB05E-841E-44BA-A4C9-216FAFAD083C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Omg unlocking some memories on this thread 🤣 I had a friend who was a bit of a wannabe mosher ( not sure if that's the correct genre but along those lines) and she loved punky fish and would sometimes wear random sweat bands and those rubber spiky bracelets , she never had the guts to complete dress in that style so was always the odd bag or accessory

Reactions: 7
Yes!! Definitely remember having a few bits from there (mostly accessories). Then a “friend” from the time got really pissy with me because they didn’t cater to her size and claimed the sales girl in our local alt store said it was a skinny girls brand. (Side note she was just a witch and they would’ve had things she could’ve worn. All she would’ve had to do was send away for them via one of those catalogs that used to come with Kerrang)

Anyone else miss when you could readily but Alt clothing on the high street (well not the high street but when there were stores in most town centres) rather than having to buy online all time these days.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.