00s nostalgia!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got a 2003 edition of Mizz somewhere that I bought on eBay when drunk 😭 I'll dig it out and take some pictures. It's cover star was the guy who played Spencer Moon in Eastenders lol.
I forgot about Spencer Moon lol I think some of my friends used to fancy him but even back then, I thought he was very ordinary looking 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 4
how much did it cost? I think I have a load of old music magazines at my parents' house might sell them if it is worth it :ROFLMAO:
I wanna say around £4 😭 So if you have a few defo worth it!

• Haha
They always had those holiday fling stories didn’t they 🤣
I always felt like I was so abnormal for not having a holiday fling, from these magazines it seemed like evyerone else did :ROFLMAO: I also remember how often there were questions of people questioning their sexuality and basically being told it was probably "only a phase" :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Aww I remember feeling so grown up when I went from Mizz to Sugar and More Magazine.
They used to make you feel almost gutted that your tampon didn’t fall out your bag in front of your crush.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was reminiscing at* my daughter the other day about teen magazines and the freebies on the front and buying and reading and subsequently discussing them with my friends was quite a chunk of our time together.

There was a stall on the market that did, like, 5 magazines for £3 or something - they were only last month's or something, not ancient, and we'd spend ages choosing them go get our money's worth, especially the ones with the gifts on the front 🖤

Forever remember seeing the male model with the flicky hair from the posters in Mizz/ Bliss/ More/ Just Seventeen/ whatever turn up presenting on T4!
Vernon Kaye 😂

* she dgaf about my stories of the olden days 😂😭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was reminiscing at* my daughter the other day about teen magazines and the freebies on the front and buying and reading and subsequently discussing them with my friends was quite a chunk of our time together.

There was a stall on the market that did, like, 5 magazines for £3 or something - they were only last month's or something, not ancient, and we'd spend ages choosing them go get our money's worth, especially the ones with the gifts on the front 🖤

Forever remember seeing the male model with the flicky hair from the posters in Mizz/ Bliss/ More/ Just Seventeen/ whatever turn up presenting on T4!
Vernon Kaye 😂

I remember holidays in the airport spending ages choosing which magazines to get based on the gifts :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I miss magazines in general tbh! I bought them for years and years and would still buy them in my mid- late 20s but now that I’m in my 30s I feel like I’m 1) too old and 2) I feel like they’re just about shite? I suppose it depends on which one but I would never buy e.g. Cosmpolitan anymore. I guess it has something to do with everything being more digital now too. But I do miss picking out magazines to take on holiday like the commenter above said!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
20230115_174219.jpg

A sneak preview before I cook tea. I definitely spent too much credit on these 😭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Vernon Kaye 😂

Take that back this instant.

• Haha
I miss magazines in general tbh! I bought them for years and years and would still buy them in my mid- late 20s but now that I’m in my 30s I feel like I’m 1) too old and 2) I feel like they’re just about shite? I suppose it depends on which one but I would never buy e.g. Cosmpolitan anymore. I guess it has something to do with everything being more digital now too. But I do miss picking out magazines to take on holiday like the commenter above said!
Same!! There’s a really good magazine section in my local M&S and if you dodge the country house type ones they’ve got all the big fashion ones and I’m tempted every time but I just know it’ll be an immense let down! Does anyone know if there’s anything worth a punt at all? I think glamour and Grazia were the last semi ok ones but haven’t bought them in YEARS, I used to like Elle but it was a bit too intergenerational wealth tbh.

Reactions: 3
If you have an ipad or similar then Readly is a decent way to read a range of magazines without buying them. It's £10 a month but there's a whole range.

How was this allowed 😭 Nonce paradise
20230115_174205.jpg

The totally fake cringe stories!
20230115_174030.jpg

Amazing celeb interviews
20230115_173946.jpg

The y2k depop girlies would be shaking over these fashion pieces
20230115_174054.jpg
20230115_174040.jpg

I loved these silly quizzes
20230115_174228.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I loved a flow chart 🤣 also converse for £30!

Mizz was deffo my favourite , I remember buying the best of mizz at the end of the year too

Reactions: 9
New thread, we have so much to discuss now @LavaFlake has shared that iconic throwback and page 55 is already pushing it!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.