00s nostalgia #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before school in the mid 00's flicking through the music channels you could always guarantee this would be on at least 3 of them -

One that was semi-regularly on some of the music channels was this:

Which I vaguely remember from the time, but ended up really liking later.

Reactions: 2
Around the time of Vanessa Carlton... I remember loving these albums by Michelle Branch and thinking she looked so cool on the covers:
She looks a bit like Stacie Orrico, does anyone else remember this song? I used to love It 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She looks a bit like Stacie Orrico, does anyone else remember this song? I used to love It 😄

I’d completely forgotten this song existed, I used to love it! I’ve been listening to Watch Me Shine- aka the song from Legally Blonde when Elle decides to study hard to get back at Warner! Gives me full on girl power vibes 😄

Reactions: 4

Now I've seen it posted it rings a bell, but I don't think I'd have remembered it otherwise. It does also remind me of Amy Studt, who I'm pretty sure I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Reactions: 3

Loved Stacie Orrico, bought her album back in 2003, but she didn't really make it big here in the UK, despite her videos being hammered on the music channels!

She also had a song in 2006 called I'm not missing you, which I'm pretty sure bombed but I absolutely ADORED it! Reminds me of when I finished my GCSEs 🥰

Reactions: 6
There’s a C4 documentary starting next week about Miriam from There’s Something About Miriam.
I can’t believe that show actually aired. I remember watching it all

Reactions: 5
Around the time of Vanessa Carlton... I remember loving these albums by Michelle Branch and thinking she looked so cool on the covers:
Didnt she have that song Game of Love with Carlos Santana, it was a real feel good song.

Also, who else desperately wanted the shift while "Sway" by Bic Runga played in the background??

Alright alright alright . . . . now for the next level . . .

Who remembers using the "compose feature" on the Nokia and looking up the notes for particular songs online and meticulously tapping them in so you could have a theme tune for a song that no one else could have
I have a vivid memory of spending a lunch break painstakingly creating the intro of "Plug In Baby" by Muse on my phone 😂 I didn't look up the notes though, I did it by ear 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
MSN messenger missing from there
The only reason I can type quickly. Those hours spent gossiping with people I'd just seen all day at school were invaluable 🤣 I can so vividly still hear the notifications
---
I have a vivid memory of spending a lunch break painstakingly creating the intro of "Plug In Baby" by Muse on my phone 😂 I didn't look up the notes though, I did it by ear 😂
Omg I would pay money to hear this 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
The only reason I can type quickly. Those hours spent gossiping with people I'd just seen all day at school were invaluable 🤣 I can so vividly still hear the notifications
Was good for me because I didn't go to the same school as a lot of my friends.