00s nostalgia #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2868982

While we’re on the subject of shops. I used to love going in here to get my new pencil case and stationary for school. Said pencil case below ⬇

View attachment 2868984

how much of a trip would it be to walk into one of these shops and have it filled with stock and exactly the way it would have been on a random day in 1998
Talking of pencil cases I remember loads of girls in my school having a 3 pocket one. I’m sure I remember a lilac love hearts that was popular

Reactions: 5
View attachment 2868982

While we’re on the subject of shops. I used to love going in here to get my new pencil case and stationary for school. Said pencil case below ⬇

View attachment 2868984

how much of a trip would it be to walk into one of these shops and have it filled with stock and exactly the way it would have been on a random day in 1998
I would love someone to set this up, like a sort of zoo of the past 🤣 obviously would need the pick and mix

Reactions: 9
And the way so many girls had Playboy stationery at one point too, weird for tweens haha

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Best part of going back to school after summer hols was getting my new stationary at John Menzies which then became WhSmith

• Heart
Reactions: 11
And the way so many girls had Playboy stationery at one point too, weird for tweens haha
I grew up sharing a bedroom with my younger sis (10 year age gap) plus my family weren’t minted so our rooms were just bog standard. But my best friend in my teens was your typical spoilt princess and her whole room was pink and playboy. The playboy neon light above her bed and playboy bedset and everything. God I used be so jealous going home to my lemon and lilac bedroom 🥲🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I had to ask someone recently what Woolworths actually sold. All their stores were massive and they folded when I was in my 20s so I spent loads of time in them but I’ve no memory of what they sold apart from videos / DVDS and sweets. I’ve still no idea.

Reactions: 1
I had to ask someone recently what Woolworths actually sold. All their stores were massive and they folded when I was in my 20s so I spent loads of time in them but I’ve no memory of what they sold apart from videos / DVDS and sweets. I’ve still no idea.
I think it was just an everything kind of store. Like Tesco minus the food I guess?

It was similar to B&M but with an elite pick n mix which I probably contributed to getting Woolworths closed down by stealing more than I actually paid for.
Did it sell clothes too? I’m sure I can remember my mum getting bits of school uniform from there.

Reactions: 8
It was similar to B&M but with an elite pick n mix which I probably contributed to getting Woolworths closed down by stealing more than I actually paid for.
Did it sell clothes too? I’m sure I can remember my mum getting bits of school uniform from there.
Ladybird clothing range

Reactions: 10
Ladybird clothing range
I’ve always been a size 3 and I still have my size 3 red wellies from ladybird 😆 I bought them for a festival in my 20s! God, I miss spending all my hairdressing Saturday job wages on a Now compilation or Mariah Carey CD and sweets from woolies. The good life!

• Haha
They were a kids paradise! Some of my memories:

The whole back wall was floor to ceiling of every bored game you could imagine! Then rows of toys, from Barbie's, Puppy in my pockets, Polly pockets, baby all gone dolls, sea monkeys - basically all the toys you saw advertised between citv!
Then there was the mysterious 99p aisle (a load of plastic tat) which you could get lucky with on occasion!
Lots of stationery, secret diaries, 'forever friends' themed pencil cases ect. You'd be able to pick up your first 'grown up' berol pen for school here, then a fountain pen and cartridges for when you got to secondary school!
Flicking through the posters that you had no intention of buying, but would choose your favourite (usually a dolphin or Winnie the pooh graphic!)
Later on they were the go-to place for Pokémon cards and ridiculously overpriced facias for your Nokia 3310!

Actually a lot of that was 90s nostalgia lol, but Woolworths will always have a special place in my heart!.🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Before school in the mid 00's flicking through the music channels you could always guarantee this would be on at least 3 of them -

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Before school in the mid 00's flicking through the music channels you could always guarantee this would be on at least 3 of them -

I saw one of those "the making of" TV shows and they were talking about A Thousand Miles. I thought the entire video was done by CGI, of her playing the piano while the world went by behind her.

For large parts of it, they actually literally put vanessa and the piano on a trailer and just drove around LA, filming her playing the piano and singing!

• Wow
I saw one of those "the making of" TV shows and they were talking about A Thousand Miles. I thought the entire video was done by CGI, of her playing the piano while the world went by behind her.

For large parts of it, they actually literally put vanessa and the piano on a trailer and just drove around LA, filming her playing the piano and singing!
If you mean Making The Video I loved that show

• Heart

Omg it looks like it's going fast in some places!

Love the top she's wearing in the video, think that wouldn't look out of place today.

Reactions: 1