Zoe Sugg #43 Alfie's a insta d#AD, Zoe just looks b#AD making money from the baby they’ve had.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s hilarious that she goes to so much effort (or gets the slaves to) for a porch that literally nobody sees. It’s behind a gate. We love to decorate the outside of our house at Xmas…because we live on a street and people walk/drive past and can see and enjoy it. What is the point in doing all that for the 6 guests they have on rotation who are allowed behind the gate?!

Reactions: 44
It’s hilarious that she goes to so much effort (or gets the slaves to) for a porch that literally nobody sees. It’s behind a gate. We love to decorate the outside of our house at Xmas…because we live on a street and people walk/drive past and can see and enjoy it. What is the point in doing all that for the 6 guests they have on rotation who are allowed behind the gate?!
This is exactly what I don't get. The sheer extravagance of wasting all those pumpkins, letting them rot when they're a valuable food source for both humans and animals. So Tory.

If they must make a spectacle of their porch for the sake of instagram, I'd like to see them using fake ones.

Reactions: 35
Have to say though her little girl is well cute. Just had a look at the stories. She dressed her nicely too (prob all gifted though 🙄)

Reactions: 4
Its not that she’s under constant scrutiny it’s the fact that Zoe has talk for years how she wanted to be a mam and by the looks of it she’s either really struggling (if this is the case then come off social media) or just not a natural at mothering. At the moment Zoe is pretending she’s fine (she’s having the best time lol) and using her kid as a prop, this is was cause the scrutiny. If you think showing a picture of your child’s nappy is “quite private” then you need to look at yourself and Zoe inviting people round to do her porch is the most Zoe thing she could do.
This poor kid. Face plastered online for millions to see and no choice. Using your child for your own career and ‘content’. Shows your kids nappy, wee on you etc it’s all private but the boundaries are so blurred now. Are there any big influencers who don’t show their kids or talk about their kids private moments?

Reactions: 15
Zoe using being "submerged in motherhood" to not post anything which, btw, is her job reeks of rich privilege. Many women around the world would be back to work actual, real jobs at week 7. Not Zoe the Slug, no. She can't even bother to upload self-serving, self-congratulatory, boasting photos to stories.

I truly fail to understand who still follows this asshole.

Reactions: 25
Zoe using being "submerged in motherhood" to not post anything which, btw, is her job reeks of rich privilege. Many women around the world would be back to work actual, real jobs at week 7. Not Zoe the Slug, no. She can't even bother to upload self-serving, self-congratulatory, boasting photos to stories.

I was going to say this many Mummy influencers were back at work quite quick after having a baby. Zoe is just a lazy slob who cant be bothered to do anything.

Reactions: 15

whilst I agree to some extent (& I’m definitely not a fan of Zoe), it is relatively normal in the UK for mothers to take at least 9 months off for maternity and not be expected to do any aspect of that job whatsoever. Would you say those women are all lazy slugs? There are many things Zoe does that drive me insane but I would never begrudge her maternity leave or not uploading anything for months after the birth of her child, her Instagram is, after all, her job like you say.

I think the problem with influencers at the minute is actually that we all still try & see them as regular people, but they’re not. They’re paid a fortune for their work & can afford to take that time off - which yes is a privilege but if you were earning that much would you work constantly as well?

The one thing I think they should acknowledge is that they’re fortunate to be in the position where both her & Alfie can take time out to parent & bond with Ottilie - because most fathers (in the UK) get 2-4 weeks and then mum is on her own.

Some may disagree with me here (and I’m saying this as someone going on 12 month maternity leave soon), but just because some women in the world only get 7 weeks doesn’t mean every woman has to experience that & leave their baby at such a young age.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 107
can we not turn this into mumsnet again
Exactly 💯 we don't need feicin debates about motherhood and maternity leave. She's an influencer her job never stops but she can legit take one photo and be done for the day.

Reactions: 24
whilst I agree to some extent (& I’m definitely not a fan of Zoe), it is relatively normal in the UK for mothers to take at least 9 months off for maternity and not be expected to do any aspect of that job whatsoever. Would you say those women are all lazy slugs? There are many things Zoe does that drive me insane but I would never begrudge her maternity leave or not uploading anything for months after the birth of her child, her Instagram is, after all, her job like you say.

I think the problem with influencers at the minute is actually that we all still try & see them as regular people, but they’re not. They’re paid a fortune for their work & can afford to take that time off - which yes is a privilege but if you were earning that much would you work constantly as well?

The one thing I think they should acknowledge is that they’re fortunate to be in the position where both her & Alfie can take time out to parent & bond with Ottilie - because most fathers (in the UK) get 2-4 weeks and then mum is on her own.

Some may disagree with me here (and I’m saying this as someone going on 12 month maternity leave soon), but just because some women in the world only get 7 weeks doesn’t mean every woman has to experience that & leave their baby at such a young age.
Many women don't get ANY leave. Let's fact check that before continuing. More power to you for being able to take 12 months, but you're not Zoe, that's not the point. I assume, hope, that your job is an actual, real job, with value added to society. You're not sitting home taking photos of boxes of gifted products.

No one is asking Zoe to stop experiencing her baby's growth or to go to an office 12 hours a day. Her job is so ridiculous it shouldn't even be a job, much less one that made her a millionaire. It's so simple that she can easily post something (or hey, have one of her employees post something) every day, instead of treating her audience as sycophants who should be grateful for whatever crumb she throws their way because hey, like millions of other women, she just had a baby. She only comes back when she has something to shill or when she is feeling her self-esteem dip a bit and she wants the minions to fawn over her.

If she's going to take mat leave, then she should go ahead. Leave, completely, for 9, 12, or even138282 months. It's not like her content is so great that we'd be lost without her. If she cares so little for her audience, then she should leave for good. That'll give her loads of time with Pay. But she won't cause she can't pass up whatever function of bollocks ad she has coming, her lameass book promo, or the high of being told by hundreds of strangers on the internet that she looks SO TINY after giving birth, and OMG she looks stunning, etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.