Zoe Sugg #26 Covid guidelines ignoring, Vlogmas boring, Nala’s arse outpouring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Zoe somehow still gets quite a few sponsorships and her rates are probably astronomical. Some other YouTuber I watch said typically people can charge like $10k for a sponsored video if they get around 100k views. Zoe doesn't have the views she used to have, but she's making bank on sponsored posts for sure.

Reactions: 14
So I've just had a vlog pop up of Alfie's on holiday in Dubai (called Relaxing Holiday With My Girlfriend) and thought ooh I've never seen them out of the house. OH. MY. DEYES. I know she doesn't like going out when they're at home but by the end of it I did think the guy has the patience of a saint. A real insight when it's not her vlog into what a miserable boring person she is. So after him being so excited about going and watching an hour or so long show, she got the car to drop her off because she (surprise surprise) felt unwell while he went on his own and when he got back she was just watching TV and playing on her phone - which she was doing in the background of every other bit of the vlog. I know he gets a lot of criticism but in that particular video I just thought 'how on earth do you put up with that?' what a rubbish holiday - the most animated she got was when he gave her a lush bath bomb (that he got when he went to the mall on his own). Never mind everyone on here telling her to up and leave him and move on - I don't think he's getting a particularly great deal out of the relationship himself other than the fact she holds some of the purse strings.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
So I've just had a vlog pop up of Alfie's on holiday in Dubai (called Relaxing Holiday With My Girlfriend) and thought ooh I've never seen them out of the house. OH. MY. DEYES. I know she doesn't like going out when they're at home but by the end of it I did think the guy has the patience of a saint. A real insight when it's not her vlog into what a miserable boring person she is. So after him being so excited about going and watching an hour or so long show, she got the car to drop her off because she (surprise surprise) felt unwell while he went on his own and when he got back she was just watching TV and playing on her phone - which she was doing in the background of every other bit of the vlog. I know he gets a lot of criticism but in that particular video I just thought 'how on earth do you put up with that?' what a rubbish holiday - the most animated she got was when he gave her a lush bath bomb (that he got when he went to the mall on his own). Never mind everyone on here telling her to up and leave him and move on - I don't think he's getting a particularly great deal out of the relationship himself other than the fact she holds some of the purse strings.
I remember this vlog she sat in the hotel watching...yes Gavin & Stacey and I thought FFS woman you are in DUBAI get out the hotel and have some fun. Then when they went for dinner on the beach they sat playing cards give me strength. :rolleyes: :sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I would like to add my two cents here 🙋‍♀️:
I too suffer from pretty bad anxiety (idk how bad Zoe’s is and of course everyone is different) BUUUT I try and use it to push me more to do more things.

For example: I try and go on atleast one solo trip a year, and yeah I’m freaking out before going on in, even whilst travelling but I’m always thankful I went and saw and experienced new places

she has all the resources in the world that she can use to help herself and she just doesn’t and it makes me sad that young impressionable people who see her and also suffer from anxiety will see this as validation to also not push themselves

Reactions: 39
I just rewatched this and wow, that vlog depressing. After Zoe slobs around in the hotel room all day, Alfie comes back from the mall and seems so excited that they are going out to see that amazing show together in the evening... and right on cue Zoe chimes in with her baby voice saying she doesn't feel well, the aeroplane air gave her a cold(?), her glands are swollen, I'm feverish. Someone on here said that she thrives off being ill, and it's so true.

Ironically she mentions in that vlog that a lot of her anxiety is related to being unwell, but I think she has the link the wrong way round. She isn't anxious because she has a cold; I think convincing herself she is ill is a symptom of her anxiety. Obviously this is not something that she can necessarily control, but I think she needs to recognise that her "colds" which conveniently develop before big events or outings are probably not things she picked up from an actual virus, but perhaps something psychosomatic.

Overall there's just an awkward vibe throughout that whole vlog where it feels like Alfie is constantly stepping on eggshells. I think he could sense she was always gonna back out of seeing the show at the last moment but tried to coddle her as much as possible in the hope she would come anyway. She's so exhausting.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I remember this vlog she sat in the hotel watching...yes Gavin & Stacey and I thought FFS woman you are in DUBAI get out the hotel and have some fun. Then when they went for dinner on the beach they sat playing cards give me strength. :rolleyes: :sleep:
Yes! That's the one....and playing Candy Crush!

I just rewatched this and wow, that vlog depressing. After Zoe slobs around in the hotel room all day, Alfie comes back from the mall and seems so excited that they are going out to see that amazing show together in the evening... and right on cue Zoe chimes in with her baby voice saying she doesn't feel well, the aeroplane air gave her a cold(?), her glands are swollen, I'm feverish. Someone on here said that she thrives off being ill, and it's so true.

Ironically she mentions in that vlog that a lot of her anxiety is related to being unwell, but I think she has the link the wrong way round. She isn't anxious because she has a cold; I think convincing herself she is ill is a symptom of her anxiety. Obviously this is not something that she can necessarily control, but I think she needs to recognise that her "colds" which conveniently develop before big events or outings are probably not things she picked up from an actual virus, but perhaps something psychosomatic.

Overall there's just an awkward vibe throughout that whole vlog where it feels like Alfie is constantly stepping on eggshells. I think he could sense she was always gonna back out of seeing the show at the last moment but tried to coddle her as much as possible in the hope she would come anyway. She's so exhausting.
She really is and he looks like a wounded puppy so many times .... even when he gets back you can see he's gutted that she's actually up just watching TV and suggests they have a bath with the bloody bath bomb knowing that's all she really likes to do. I'm by no means a fan of his but maybe being on the receiving end of that sort of mood put-down all the time is why their relationship has developed into him being so dismissive of her comments some times - that vlog is certainly an eye opener

Reactions: 26
They deserve each other...they’re both vile for different reasons.

Reactions: 22
zoe still owns the old house they lived in and that give around 3650 to 4700 in rent as its not been sold since they bought it

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Just wanna put my two cents in here -
I completely agree that her “ailments” and anxiety are linked - I have anxiety and pretty severe emetophobia (fear of sick) - it’s a struggle. Cos when you’re anxious, it makes you feel sick and when you feel sick, the anxiety sky rockets.
However, completely agree with a different user who says you can deal with anxiety and use it to push yourself. And how Zoe could absolutely do this but *chooses* not to.

Reactions: 13
this vid popped up on my recommended. this was peak zalfie for me. it actually seems like they were attracted to each other and liked one another's company. saw this when they first uploaded it (was 17) and thought that they were cute. would never have expected for them to turn out how they did! so distant and just so clearly unmatched.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I would like to add my two cents here 🙋‍♀️:
I too suffer from pretty bad anxiety (idk how bad Zoe’s is and of course everyone is different) BUUUT I try and use it to push me more to do more things.

For example: I try and go on atleast one solo trip a year, and yeah I’m freaking out before going on in, even whilst travelling but I’m always thankful I went and saw and experienced new places

she has all the resources in the world that she can use to help herself and she just doesn’t and it makes me sad that young impressionable people who see her and also suffer from anxiety will see this as validation to also not push themselves
You've put into words something that's always irked me about her and I've not been able to articulate. I'm the same age as her, someone recommended her to me years ago when I was diagnosed with GAD and OCD, and I've kept watching on and off because I feel like I'm supposed to relate to her and like her content, but I just don't. And I think it's this. She makes me feel like anxiety=boring.

Reactions: 20
this vid popped up on my recommended. this was peak zalfie for me. it actually seems like they were attracted to each other and liked one another's company. saw this when they first uploaded it (was 17) and thought that they were cute. would never have expected for them to turn out how they did! so distant and just so clearly unmatched.

Hell, once upon a time I thought Alfie was actually kinda attractive, certainly not totally repulsive like he is now. God what was I thinking. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29

All I see is Fraggle in a vest HAHAHAHA

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
You've put into words something that's always irked me about her and I've not been able to articulate. I'm the same age as her, someone recommended her to me years ago when I was diagnosed with GAD and OCD, and I've kept watching on and off because I feel like I'm supposed to relate to her and like her content, but I just don't. And I think it's this. She makes me feel like anxiety=boring.
If she really had anxiety, CBT would do wonders. I have anxiety and OCD as well and I've been in CBT for about 10 years. It's the best step I've taken (aside from medication). She complains about her anxiety, but she never seems to take any steps to improve.

I reckon being ill can be like a security blanket for Zoe. If she says she's ill or headachy or whatever, she can't be expected to do too much or things she isn't comfortable with. She's all about excuses.

Reactions: 32
I reckon being ill can be like a security blanket for Zoe. If she says she's ill or headachy or whatever, she can't be expected to do too much or things she isn't comfortable with. She's all about excuses.
The rest of us power through when we are feeling rough, normally because we have no choice, or think it's a bit pathetic to be laid up with a cold or headache.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.