Zoe Sugg #19 Boring as feck

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s good for you.

but has been a whole social media influencer with subscribers from all over the world and I’ve never seen her with a black person or a person of colour, I just find that really odd.
I’m not saying she’s racist I’m just saying I find it odd.
Surely it would be more odd for her to hang out with a black person or person of colour just because of the colour of their skin?

Reactions: 29
Surely it would be more odd for her to hang out with a black person or person of colour just because of the colour of their skin?
It would be odd to do that, but what we’re pointing out is that as big as she is, the multiple companies, the multiple products, the multiple books, the multiple employees, the friends, there is zero diversity there at all. Look on their company website she only employs white men and women, all the meetings she ever been in regarding any project has been white men and women, the other influencers she gives shoutouts to are white, I can’t think of a single time she’s even interacted with someone that wasn’t white. So it’s odd to be in such a diverse industry, living in a diverse town, and her have no diversity in any element of her life.

Also the affiliate linking books for BLM, that was actually gross, she should have shared those books without the commission.

Reactions: 22
In all honesty can you really see Zoella with a baby? I'm not saying she wouldn't be a good mum but I just don't get the maternal vibe from her, I see her as kore a cool aunty who will take the kids out shopping but won't want to deal with crappy nappies and baby sick etc 🤷🏼‍♀️
Dont they do somthing with nalas anal glands? Or do they get the vet, they might get a live in nanny, bring the baby out for the cute stuff and then hand it back once its coverd in sick

Reactions: 1
It would be odd to do that, but what we’re pointing out is that as big as she is, the multiple companies, the multiple products, the multiple books, the multiple employees, the friends, there is zero diversity there at all. Look on their company website she only employs white men and women, all the meetings she ever been in regarding any project has been white men and women, the other influencers she gives shoutouts to are white, I can’t think of a single time she’s even interacted with someone that wasn’t white. So it’s odd to be in such a diverse industry, living in a diverse town, and her have no diversity in any element of her life.

Also the affiliate linking books for BLM, that was actually gross, she should have shared those books without the commission.
I would say black people by their nature are more energetic and open etc, so can you even imagine them sitting at Zoella's office with their mouths shut, just because you cannot say what you are thinking - otherwise you will be fired? 😆 Zoe definitely will not hire someone who will make her seem smaller (not in size haha) and less as the boss. She has to feel 100% comfortable, noone can doubt in her choices, noone can put her in the bad light in front of others.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Black people are more energetic and open? By their nature? So the colour of someone's skin determines their personality? And here we are talking about racism

Reactions: 80
Omg, checked the reddit. It's so gross 🤢
And she has so many pictures that are perfectly catered to them. She knows exactly what she's doing...

Saw this picture on there as well (don't know when this was posted originally). They're raving about her butt, but the only thing I wonder when seeing this, did she pad her butt for this?! It looks so weird!
Also, miss I'm A wRitEr, it's "gorgeous" 🙄
View attachment 194841

Edited to add: apparently those creepy f*cks over there even talk about her on discord. I don't even want to imagine those conversations 🤮
Her extensions here look ridiculous, so long, like pile of ropes dumped on her head!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
i can't understand why she still didn't fix that crooked front tooth? she has all the money and time for it... and in the new vlog it's realy noticable and it's looking worse than ever
Maybe she likes it! It’s not hard to believe that even with 100s of people dragging you down and pointing out your flaws you might actually have self confidence?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Black people are more energetic and open? By their nature? So the colour of someone's skin determines their personality? And here we are talking about racism
Noo! I didn't mean to sound like that. 😔 Just that eg a spanish person compared to a person with Nordic blood, there is often a difference in charisma and temperament.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Maybe she likes it! It’s not hard to believe that even with 100s of people dragging you down and pointing out your flaws you might actually have self confidence?
She actually said in her vlogmas 2018 that she was going to have Invisalign during 2019, Alfie was really weird like making her repeat it and he’s like “you have to follow through” it was strange the way he seemed to be forcing her in a way.

Reactions: 10
I do feel bad for her in the whole children and marriage situation, I feel like a complete failure in life because I don’t have kids or aren’t married yet, it actually really impacts me massively. She should really find someone different to Alfie, I think finding someone who can lift her up and give her the things she wants will make her a better person and give better content.

she used to be soo enjoyable to watch back in the day
I hope both of these things happen to you and they make you as happy as you want them to, but try not to think of marriage or children as milestones that need to happen at certain ages. You're not a failure for not having these things (or anything) in your life at certain ages. Age milestones are meaningless social constructs that change all the time depending on the eras and social climates. They shouldn't mean tit to the individual, as we all have our own life to live and no two people go through the same things so nobody should be expected to have the same experiences at the same time or the same way. Wishing you good luck xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Absolutely, milestones are indeed meaningless social constructs, exactly as @lemonlime said.

Remember that we are only discussing Zoe’s life with regard to age milestones because, 1) this is a gossip forum, and 2) because it’s something she made decidedly public to a large audience some time ago, perhaps unwisely.

My husband and I were together for over six years before we were engaged, which a PP said would make her feel crappy. Personally, I didn’t feel crappy, I was too young to be engaged before that. We waited a further three years before we were married, which some people would say is a “too long” engagement, and what was the point of getting engaged, etc. Personally, we didn’t care, because we weren’t in a rush, and we actually both quite enjoyed the wedding planning! We are now both in our thirties, husband late, me early, and we are neither parents nor homeowners yet. Some other people our ages are. Personally, we don’t care, because our lives are not THEIRS to live. And we are happy with where we are, and what we have, thankfully.

Seriously, don’t worry about it. Your life will work out milestone-wise in a combination of the way you want it to, and the way it’s supposed to be. Fingers crossed that it will be a wonderful one!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Noo! I didn't mean to sound like that. 😔 Just that eg a spanish person compared to a person with Nordic blood, there is often a difference in charisma and temperament.
culture is different to race. race is a social construct used to oppress BIPOC. You are literally saying that because of racist discourse that presents whiteness as "rational" and therefore more worthy
really think you should educate yourself on this subject.
it's bad that people are allowed to say crap like that on this forum

• Sick
Reactions: 32
She actually said in her vlogmas 2018 that she was going to have Invisalign during 2019, Alfie was really weird like making her repeat it and he’s like “you have to follow through” it was strange the way he seemed to be forcing her in a way.
Which is ironic because he was awful at keeping up with his 😂

Reactions: 10
Personally I think she dug her grave when she was acting desperate for a family because now everyone is always expecting it of her, and it’s not like she has anything else to focus on either. It’s not like she has an actual real career to fixate on or a hobby that she’s rather spend her time doing. All she does is sit around watching tele making everyone come to her
This is what I’ve always thought! Obviously she’s entitled to change her mind about wanting to be married with a child, but in reality people usually change their minds about that sort of thing because other plans come up, like career or travel opportunities, or like you say even a hobby they love, and they realise that it makes sense to delay family plans. Whereas with Zoe she’s literally doing nothing with her life other than lazing around the house all day, so why would she have changed her mind other than because of Alfie? If that makes sense.

Reactions: 11
there’s no way she’s on her stories saying her walk was eventful because it was.... dark? dear god I feel sorry for this girl if that is the epitome of eventful or the most exciting thing in her life

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Absolutely, milestones are indeed meaningless social constructs, exactly as @lemonlime said.

Remember that we are only discussing Zoe’s life with regard to age milestones because, 1) this is a gossip forum, and 2) because it’s something she made decidedly public to a large audience some time ago, perhaps unwisely.

My husband and I were together for over six years before we were engaged, which a PP said would make her feel crappy. Personally, I didn’t feel crappy, I was too young to be engaged before that. We waited a further three years before we were married, which some people would say is a “too long” engagement, and what was the point of getting engaged, etc. Personally, we didn’t care, because we weren’t in a rush, and we actually both quite enjoyed the wedding planning! We are now both in our thirties, husband late, me early, and we are neither parents nor homeowners yet. Some other people our ages are. Personally, we don’t care, because our lives are not THEIRS to live. And we are happy with where we are, and what we have, thankfully.

Seriously, don’t worry about it. Your life will work out milestone-wise in a combination of the way you want it to, and the way it’s supposed to be. Fingers crossed that it will be a wonderful one!
I wanted to thank you for sharing this, as it makes me feel a bit better about my own situation! My fiancé and I have been engaged for four years now without any concrete plans (for a few reasons- we moved abroad for a couple of years, neither of us want a typical big wedding day so we were trying to think of something super small (really tricky!) or maybe elope, then I started a Masters, so life just got in the way I guess). But I've felt a bit down about it lately, thinking that "nobody" is engaged for years like that, and now with the pandemic, I've been worrying "will we ever get married?". My friend got engaged after us, and within a year has already booked her wedding etc. and I compare that to us who have done absolutely nothing yet (even though we wouldn't want a big day like that anyway!). I used to be asked a lot about wedding plans, and kept having to tell people we hadn't organised anything yet, which I felt embarrassed by, and now nobody asks anymore, which somehow also embarrasses me! I really need to stop worrying!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.