Zoe Sugg #16 Borella the self isolating queen! She's been doing it for the last 3 years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's actually interesting that a lot of young adults these days are interested in childish things and kind of don't grow up? Like if I think about my parents and when they were 20-30, they 100% didn't do such things.
i’ve noticed that a lot. i’m 18 and just finish school, starting uni in september and deep down i do have massive anxiety over becoming an adult, i will say i’m mature but in reality i want to stay a kid for as a long as i want, or even a teenager. i know that’s not possible and i already have to take on responsibilities now around the house, however i feel like zoe is stuck in that loop and because she has so much money and no real responsibilities like kids or a proper job she’s able to live out her life like a teenager

Meant to add, writing alternate chapters is a weird idea. Surely the tone will be all over the place? Something that’s fixable in editing, sure, but wouldn’t it still work better to have the same voice from the start? Obviously we’re all sceptical about how much Zoe actually writes. With the third girl online book she had her ‘editor’ come to her house to write, which I guess is out of the question now. So maybe they’re going with this line.
one of my favourite books is a thriller wrote with alternate chapters, every chapter was a different voice. tbh, it is really good and adds a dramatic effect to it, especially within the theme of the book etc, it can be confusing as my friend found it hard to understand as it would switch to a different character all the time, but i guess we all like different styles of writing and books

Reactions: 6
I still don't believe Zoe has written a word of this drivel. She isn't a reader or a fan of books she is a fan of MONEY. The sole intention behind this pathetic effort is to make more cold hard CASH.

She has no interest in writing, the writers craft, world building or anything. I guarantee you she has no clue about literature or authors whatsoever.

She's a fraud.
Yes, yes, Y E S 👏👏👏👏👏

Remember years ago, before Girl Online etc., she used to claim to *love* writing? She said she had written a big story/book (held up her thumb and index finger to show how many pages it was, huge) but apparently she couldn’t find it 😂 it was in a main channel video, I can’t for the life of me remember which one. But I smelt BS, I didn’t believe for a second she had ever written anything, I thought she was fishing. How can we be expected to believe that someone so lazy, so inarticulate and with such little command of basic grammar, is a passionate reader and writer?

She always kind of complains that she has writing to do, but she's not in the mood blabla. Seems like a kind of an annoying chore for her. I don't think she enjoys writing, too much thinking has to go in.
She’s probably so sore that she has to at least try and cobble something together this time, since she’d probably be found out after the last time 😂 I can imagine her being grumpy and ranting about it to Alfie - like a child who doesn’t want to do their “stupid homework”!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She always kind of complains that she has writing to do, but she's not in the mood blabla. Seems like a kind of an annoying chore for her. I don't think she enjoys writing, too much thinking has to go in.
she doesn't seem to enjoy anything new or remotely challenging, all she does is re watch the same tv/films and eat the same food

Reactions: 11
Screenshot_20200408-115655.jpg

Why film it?
"Oo look at me doing some chores! Such a big thing!"
Surely she should know that nobody is interested. 🙄

Reactions: 20
I too have noticed this weird trend in women in their 20s liking younger things, especially people I went to uni with. They watch disney movies with their boyfriends and are obsessed with Harry Potter. Fair enough if that's what you like but it does seem to be a trend I can't get a part of.
Paired with that stuff is this new trend of being a baby in general... "snuggling" constantly with your partner, staying in casual clothes, wanting them to do everything for you, eating takeaways in bed, wearing clips and clothes from the 90s.
I have no problem with this stuff but it's so rare to see like, an old fashioned type woman anymore. Someone who walks by themselves, wears formal clothing, eats at a dinner table, isn't too comfy with their partner to just eat snacks all over the bed.
It just feels this group have turned into lazy teenagers and I feel sorry for a lot of boyfriends who have to put up with them watching Disney movies in bed just to please them, these same people are usually the ones who are constantly posting about mental health and positive quotes on Facebook, wanting the world to be rainbows and sunshine.
I sound like such a stuck up woman but I'm not trying to be, but where is the sexiness and mystery nowadays? Girls are totally OK with just laying around like zoe in their dirty outfits, watching things their bf has no interest in and posting all about being a boss witch.
Also these people seem to always need a holiday to look forward to. I've noticed they'll constantly tag their boyfriends in things about holidays like zoe because they need an escape or distraction from their relationship as its probably extremely boring just sitting in bed together watching children's things and eating so you need to look forward to another break to pretend everything's fine with your relationship. So gross.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Why film it?
"Oo look at me doing some chores! Such a big thing!"
Surely she should know that nobody is interested. 🙄
Probably can't get cleaners to come in given the current restrictions and she discovered this thing makes a woooosh sound and magically makes the mess disappear. She also needs to show us proof that she cleaned once so during the next Q&A where people ask how she's coping with the lockdown she can say 'cleaning is sooooo good for my mental health!'

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I too have noticed this weird trend in women in their 20s liking younger things, especially people I went to uni with. They watch disney movies with their boyfriends and are obsessed with Harry Potter. Fair enough if that's what you like but it does seem to be a trend I can't get a part of.
Paired with that stuff is this new trend of being a baby in general... "snuggling" constantly with your partner, staying in casual clothes, wanting them to do everything for you, eating takeaways in bed, wearing clips and clothes from the 90s.
I have no problem with this stuff but it's so rare to see like, an old fashioned type woman anymore. Someone who walks by themselves, wears formal clothing, eats at a dinner table, isn't too comfy with their partner to just eat snacks all over the bed.
It just feels this group have turned into lazy teenagers and I feel sorry for a lot of boyfriends who have to put up with them watching Disney movies in bed just to please them, these same people are usually the ones who are constantly posting about mental health and positive quotes on Facebook, wanting the world to be rainbows and sunshine.
I sound like such a stuck up woman but I'm not trying to be, but where is the sexiness and mystery nowadays? Girls are totally OK with just laying around like zoe in their dirty outfits, watching things their bf has no interest in and posting all about being a boss witch.
Also these people seem to always need a holiday to look forward to. I've noticed they'll constantly tag their boyfriends in things about holidays like zoe because they need an escape or distraction from their relationship as its probably extremely boring just sitting in bed together watching children's things and eating so you need to look forward to another break to pretend everything's fine with your relationship. So gross.
I agree with this. I’m in my late twenties and I know lots of people my age who are still into with Disney, Harry Potter, FRIENDS etc. There seems to be a lack of desire to appear mature. Constantly trying to reimagine 90s pop culture. No judgement, just trying to understand it.

I agree with this. I’m in my late twenties and I know lots of people my age who are still into with Disney, Harry Potter, FRIENDS etc. There seems to be a lack of desire to appear mature. Constantly trying to reimagine 90s pop culture. No judgement, just trying to understand it.
Ngl the orginal post has violated me as a 20 something, I personally live Harry Potter because it’s my childhood, the books and films filled up a significant chunk of my childhood and they’re feel good, have I watched them in the last 6 months no.... I also think the 90s is having a resurgence because a lot of what was being churned out now is utter shite give or take a bit, every decade has a resurgence, I also find it sometimes because there were no influencers around to ruin anything. Plus why do you need to be mature all the time, a lot of people in there 20s work their arses off to establish careers, you don’t need to be dressed to the 9s in your own house, Zoe takes it to the extraneous by leaving the house in what she’s been rolling around in but if you think after a whole day of wearing a suit to work that I’m not going to change into leggings you have a different kind of human strength!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Ngl the orginal post has violated me as a 20 something, I personally live Harry Potter because it’s my childhood, the books and films filled up a significant chunk of my childhood and they’re feel good, have I watched them in the last 6 months no.... I also think the 90s is having a resurgence because a lot of what was being churned out now is utter shite give or take a bit, every decade has a resurgence, I also find it sometimes because there were no influencers around to ruin anything. Plus why do you need to be mature all the time, a lot of people in there 20s work their arses off to establish careers, you don’t need to be dressed to the 9s in your own house, Zoe takes it to the extraneous by leaving the house in what she’s been rolling around in but if you think after a whole day of wearing a suit to work that I’m not going to change into leggings you have a different kind of human strength!
I agree with you. I'm 26 and Iread all Harry Potter books, tend to watch the whole series once a year. It's more because I like the movies. Then Disney apart from the lion king I don't watch them back because I'm not bothered. For the clothes, Its patt of fashion. The last decade to have their actual style was the 2000's. During the beginning of the 2010'e fashion was a retake on the 70's style and right now the 90's. Does Zoe take it to a whole other level? Yes. But I wouldn't say that the whole generation is infantilized because she's extreme.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I don't see anything wrong with liking Disney, Harry Potter or rewatching stuff you know you like, I do all those things and so do a lot of people I know, Zoe takes it to a whole new level though - even back when she was more popular and I enjoyed watching her, I feel like half of her vlog was always 'did anyone else have this as a kid' or talking about movies/shows/songs she liked as a child, there was even that video with Mark iirc where she actually bought loads of old toys she had as a child on ebay? So weird. Joe kind of does it too, but Zoe especially seems to be nostalgic for her childhood very regularly

Reactions: 36
I don't see anything wrong with liking Disney, Harry Potter or rewatching stuff you know you like, I do all those things and so do a lot of people I know, Zoe takes it to a whole new level though - even back when she was more popular and I enjoyed watching her, I feel like half of her vlog was always 'did anyone else have this as a kid' or talking about movies/shows/songs she liked as a child, there was even that video with Mark iirc where she actually bought loads of old toys she had as a child on ebay? So weird. Joe kind of does it too, but Zoe especially seems to be nostalgic for her childhood very regularly
They’ve never got over their parents divorce and are emotionally stuck

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sure. Nothing wrong with likely these childish things, but important to acknowledge that on a subconscious level they are being used them as an emotional comfort blanket. It’s a very modern psychological phenomenon

They’ve never got over their parents divorce and are emotionally stuck
I’m still adamant that something fishy went on there with her parents relationship.Peoples parents divorce all the time,it’s a tit thing to happen no matter how old you are but Zoe was in her early 20s so more able to cope and processes it then say a 10 year old.Whatever happened seems to have left a lasting impression on both Zoe and Joe.

Reactions: 18
Sure. Nothing wrong with likely these childish things, but important to acknowledge that on a subconscious level they are being used them as an emotional comfort blanket. It’s a very modern psychological phenomenon
I just think people likes things from their childhood where life was easier and happier I don’t think it’s this deep and I’m sure it’s gone on for generations. However, Zoe takes it to the extreme. I don’t think her “therapist” talks to Zoe about her past at all to try and resolve her parents divorce. She constantly mentions kids tv shows or movies or songs. I remember thinking this 6 years ago when watching her vlogs she’ll always say “did anyone as a kid have this” and I’d always think she’ll mention it a bit too much for a notmal person in her twenties, never mind being in her thirties now

I’m still adamant that something fishy went on there with her parents relationship.Peoples parents divorce all the time,it’s a tit thing to happen no matter how old you are but Zoe was in her early 20s so more able to cope and processes it then say a 10 year old.Whatever happened seems to have left a lasting impression on both Zoe and Joe.
I think it’s because (personally) it was a time where they just turned adults and no longer have that perfect nuclear family. So any childish things before being 18 or 20 remind them of the perfect family and perfect life

Reactions: 10
This might be an unpopular opinion but even though her house may be a mansion. I’m not a massive fan of it! Apart from her garden. I’d love a garden like that. But her kitchen is weird, her front room has way too many sofas, her bedroom has some weird ass wall in the middle. She has stairs going to nowhere. I do however like her front door too haha x

Reactions: 23
What's wrong with liking Disney? Why do women need to be sexy and mysterious. People should be able to do as they wish and not be branded as lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
This might be an unpopular opinion but even though her house may be a mansion. I’m not a massive fan of it! Apart from her garden. I’d love a garden like that. But her kitchen is weird, her front room has way too many sofas, her bedroom has some weird ass wall in the middle. She has stairs going to nowhere. I do however like her front door too haha x
Yes! They said they spent so long working on the house before they moved in, but they ended up with a house that seems so impractical, and a really poor use of space. That kitchen especially really annoys me. Such a lack of useable work surfaces, that sad little pantry type thing, the Aga for the gram. And that little room off the kitchen for storage etc. Even that is such an inefficient waste of space. It frustrates me so much and it isn't even my house. 😂😂

• Haha
Yes! They said they spent so long working on the house before they moved in, but they ended up with a house that seems so impractical, and a really poor use of space. That kitchen especially really annoys me. Such a lack of useable work surfaces, that sad little pantry type thing, the Aga for the gram. And that little room off the kitchen for storage etc. Even that is such an inefficient waste of space. It frustrates me so much and it isn't even my house. 😂😂
They definitely had Instagram in mind when they were working on it...

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.