Zoe Sugg #16 Borella the self isolating queen! She's been doing it for the last 3 years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely disagree with the comments that being picky is something that people should grow out of with food once they become an adult, the reality is some people just don't like certain things - I'm a bit of a texture freak so certain things immediately turn me off (although I also eat some tings that have MEGA weird textures that others hate), I'm also a weirdo when it comes to dips/spreads/salad dressing and won't use most of them (to the point ranch or caesar dressing make me nauseous if I smell them). I still eat things like salads, I eat most every ethnic cuisine and I am definitely not afraid to use spices in my cooking, but definitely would still call myself picky (mainly because I have to ask for modifications to a lot of food at restaurants).

I think the distinction with someone like Zoe is the KIND of picky she is. It's very infantile. She eats either what a child will eat or maybe the odd thing on instagram (like things with a balsamic drizzle). It's always got to be something sweet - even the healthier things like yogurt are topped with lots of fruit and honey and the health becomes fairly overwhelmed by the toppings. It just seems that any real, whole foods she uses are strictly for aesthetics and not something she eats because she enjoys or will be good for her - the tomatoes she has at breakfast are always on a vine, fruit is used to top things and add colour. She never had to grow up. Most people move out of their parents house, often eat like tit for a year or 2 because you can, then they grow up. She was encouraged to keep going - with her weight and her target audience. She never had a reason to do otherwise it seems, apart from the health effects but you know she blames that on literally everything else.

Reactions: 25
Funny how all these "creatives" are showing their true colours during lockdown. if they were truly "creative" they'd still be managing to put out innovative content, instead we get six mins of Zoe talking about being a "picky eater" (a phrase that shouldn't really apply to anyone above the age of 10).
Being a picky eater is a thing for adults too - it starts to be classified as a "Selecting Eating Disorder" and is part of the eating disorders umbrella. I myself struggle with this and it can be so frustrating, so I understand what she is talking about.

Her diet, although very sugar heavy, is more varied than some selective eaters, however her portion control on the other hand is the more worrying thing, especially tied in with the selective eating.

You've hit the nail on the head with the "creatives" part though - she could easily do a small mini series like "getting back into art" or "crafts with zoe"...nope. Too lazy.

Reactions: 12
there is a whole stigma around picky eaters and it can stem from a lot of things, from neglectful childhood, autism, anxiety and eating disorders. i don’t think it’s fair to judge the average person with picky eating habits, it’s as frustrating as you think it is tbh. i can totally see where zoe is coming from with this honestly, so it’s not something i’ll drag her for

Reactions: 16
there is a whole stigma around picky eaters and it can stem from a lot of things, from neglectful childhood, autism, anxiety and eating disorders. i don’t think it’s fair to judge the average person with picky eating habits, it’s as frustrating as you think it is tbh. i can totally see where zoe is coming from with this honestly, so it’s not something i’ll drag her for
With you 100%

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.