Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I always make my own face masks and scrubs, Zoe bees coffee scrub would be so easy to make and it wouldn’t cost you a fortune 😉
You can even use the leftovers from your morning brew (allegedly fresh is best, but I think leftovers do), take the same amount of brown sugar, mix it with coconut oil and there you go.

Reactions: 2

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
I’m glad there is a thread here as I follow Zoe bee and have been thinking of buying her eyelash serum, not interested in any of the creams but the before and after she post for the eyelashes are good I hope they aren’t photo shopped ?

I’m sorry, I’m still trying to pick myself up off the floor since discovering her new product and the price tag. * mouth wide open * £46.99 for the beetox box.

My dislike towards this company has rapidly grown. I feel like she is the queen of rip off. And it frustrates me how many people are being sucked into this.

Apparently it took a year for her come up with designing the bowl, spoon and brush. So she says.

Well, from a 3 minute search I found the exact bowl and spoon is available on Alibaba for a pittance- simply send the factory your logo and good old China will manufacture it. Not sure I would call that ‘designing’ packaging but okay…

Apparently the head bands are ‘hand stitched’. They definitely are not stitched by hand. The logo on the head band is clearly machine embroidered.Just your standard mass bought head bands that have been personalised. Same principle for all of the packaging. All readily available from Chinese factories which advertise on Alibaba and Aliexpress. (I wonder how ethically they are produced by the way? 🤔 different topic…)

But what REALLY got to me is the bottle of oil in the box. It’s not a formulation she has created- she has made no effort to create a unique facial oil. It’s just plain jojoba oil on its own. She’s just purchased an oil in bulk and decanted it into bottles. But hey that’s okay because it sounds like she went to the mountains of Mexico to get this oil 😅🙈🙈
Quote from website- “pure jojoba oil sourced from the mountains of Mexico”. Dear lord 🙈.

All this for just shy of 50 quid.

Worst thing is… it looks like a complete copy of another small business (who has been doing these clay/oil mask sets for much longer and has actually created a unique oil formulation- not just poured jojoba into smaller bottles).
Zoe is even using the same packaging for the bottles and cream tubs.
I wonder if she’s seen what Zoe has done with these mask sets. Poor gal 😔

Attachments

• Wow
Thank you for this I would love to make my own soap and things I never thought to use a spatula for pots of creams either
Go for it! You will need to buy some ingredients initially, but if you store them correctly they will last for a long time and essentially you will save money and also have nice gifts for birthdays or Xmas.

Re spatula: If you use organic skin care without preservatives you will add bacteria to the pot every time you use the cream if you use your fingers. If you use L'Oreal or something like this you don't need to do this as there are preservatives in the cream.
And heat and sunlight can also damage organic skin care, therefore it is best to use dark containers (eg brown glass).
The shelf life of a home made organic face cream is only around 4 weeks.

bellebear

That post on the 29th about anxiety. In her words "I suppose I had a mild form of acrophobia"

Pretty sure she means agoraphobia given the context, but I eyerolled so hard my eyes are probably never coming back out of my sockets. I've had agoraphobia; being afraid of leaving the house in a global pandemic is really not the same. God she pisses me off.

Her following is a lot of BOT accounts. Definitely face tuning her photos while pretending she sells thousands of products every week and can only open the online shop twice a week as can’t manage all the sales.
She has moved to a bigger property recently and reckons she will be able to produce more but there is no way on earth she will keep her online shop permanently open and it’s nothing to do with her now being able to cope with the sales, by opening the shop a couple times a week she can make more money by people desperately trying to get in for something that really has no desperation about it.
Pretty good marketing technique to make her products look hot and gets all the desperate dans flocking for the ‘miracle’ creams.
Her friend Kim who ‘works’ for her has absolutely no interest or qualification in skincare and made the very public mistake of advising someone to put on SPF under the creams. She was swiftly corrected by a beauty therapist who spotted the error and now when someone asks what creams are best for them she will very often tell them to privately message her to discuss their skincare needs.
Zoe Bee has been creating creams since 2012, yet states she had Botox a few years ago. She now states she created one of her creams to be like Botox in a jar, but it begs the question is she still getting Botox? And why didn’t she try to ‘create’ a miracle Botox cream before getting Botox if her creams were that good?
She talks a lot about her breast implants and how she had to have them removed due to breast implant illness. This is a woman who rants and raves about keeping it natural but has been plastic and happy to use surgery and enhancements throughout her life.
Unfortunately people seem to buy in to the story. There is a lot more than meets the eye to this company as a gut feeling and as someone above has commented none of her products have been dermatologically tested so it’s a sinking ship waiting to happen

bellebear

She's not even allowed to make sweeping claims like that. Ordinary cosmetic assessment doesn't allow for it. It must be classed as medicine because 'healing psoriasis' or whatever is not a COSMETIC function. Cosmetic functions are things like making your hair soft, moisturising your skin, making you smell nice. So she can say her creams are moisturising, but she cannot claim they treat or even cure specific medical conditions.

The only way she would be allowed to do that is if they are actually classed as medicine, and that's a whole new kettle of fish. I somehow doubt she's gone this route else she would be labelling them as medicine, with all the trappings (and cash) that comes with that. But, quite simply, shea butter with a few additives WILL moisturise you, but it WON'T cure anything like psoriasis, so she would never get certified in this manner.

I'm giving her information for free right here, since we all know she's reading. Feel free to send me the cash for doing your work for you ZB- though, you should know all this already, right? 😂

There's no way that tiny bit of titty psoriasis had her quitting school, so where was it? If people who knew her had no idea then she wasn't 'head to toe' in it, and there seems to be no evidence for that claim. Just like her other claims, really: see above 💅

And while I'm here, might as moan more, I wish she'd stop using her daughter to advertise her products. The wee one doesn't look very happy in some of the photos she posts. Maybe she'd rather her mum actually play with and spend time with her, rather than trying to monotise every move she makes?

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I see this is an old thread but I just stumbled upon it because I was considering buying some of her products. My dad has quite a severe case of psoriasis and has damaged the skin on his legs by using a steroid cream treatment for too long. I was very much hoping Zoe Bee creams might work for Dad, but have become increasingly suspicious that the hype is BS, for several reasons:

1. Zoe posted somewhere about her daily skincare routine, and stated that she double cleanses. “Double cleansing” refers to the practice of using an oil-based cleanser followed by a water-based one (or the other way round; I can’t remember which). However, Zoe mentioned the two cleansers she used, and they were both oils. It appeared she thought “double cleansing” simply meant “cleansing twice”, and that got me questioning how she would have the knowledge to make these miraculous creams if she could make that basic of an error.

2. When I ran out of moisturiser a couple of years back, instead of buying a new one I dug out an old tub of Shea butter from my bathroom cabinet. I loved the rich, luxurious texture and how I only needed to use a teeny bit, otherwise my skin would be super greasy. Seeing all the comments that Zoe and her customers would make about how “you only need a small amount because the creams are very rich…” made me suspect that they are essentially just Shea butter with a few drops of other ingredients. In which case, the “miracle cream” stuff seems a little suspect, because shea butter isn’t a cure-all for skin complaints.

3. I’d always questioned why a skincare product would contain amethyst or rose quartz, but I thought hey, no big deal, some very sensible people I know believe in crystal energy and other stuff I would characterise as “woo”. When she introduced her Queen Bee cream by talking about the supposedly amazing Swiss apple stem cells it contained, however, my scepticism increased. I looked up apple stem cells and there didn’t appear to be any good evidence supporting the idea that applying them to the skin has any benefits. I began thinking that if her creams were so effective then why did she add an ingredient that sounded impressive and science-y but was probably useless? Were all her creams, all her ingredients, similarly just smoke and mirrors?

4. One thing that had impressed me was how her skin always appeared to have this beautiful glow. Call me naive if you want, but I thought it was all real and natural, as she seemed to position it as the result of using her creams (“that Zoe Bee glow”). However recently she posted a video demonstrating how her morning makeup routine creates the “glow” effect. I guess I can give her credit for finally being honest that the glow shouldn’t be attributed to her creams, but it struck me that the products she was using didn’t appear to have similar “caring” credentials to her own brand (plastic free, vegan etc), and even if they did, she was using a lot of products just for one aesthetic outcome. The video just seemed like a window into a disconnect between the professed “natural, Earth-friendly beauty” values of her brand and the reality behind the scenes.

Maybe that last point is a little harsh. I dunno, maybe everything I’ve said here is a little harsh. Maybe the hype is real. I am just inclined to be extra sceptical given the price point of the product. If her creams were £10-15 a pop I’d have bought one by now, without even caring if they were mostly just Shea butter and pseudoscience, since I love using Shea butter on my skin anyway. It’s the big claims and the big prices that have made me think twice.

Edited to add, for anyone who’s looking for an alternative to Zoe Bee, Facetheory products tick the vegan and minimal plastic/eco packaging boxes.I’ve just started using one of their serums and I am blown away by the result. My face is so soft I can’t stop touching it (ironically this will almost certainly lead to a breakout!).
I bought a small jar or her gold cream and avocado and aloe (back when they were cheaper!). Both did exactly the same thing as it was essentially whipped shea butter. It also went rancid after about a month. She has posted lots of claims that she has since retracted (one being that her creams are a natural SPF!). She also removes negative reviews and promises giveaways for positive reviews. Overhyped and a complete rip off

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I just find that when it comes to her creams she's just a total child. She acts as if she invented the concept of whipping shea. And gets butthurt when people "copy" her. Whipped shea is not her trademark, and guess what, it's so easy to do of course other people are going to do it.
Regarding the negative review thing, she posted this story a while back denying that she deletes reviews, but obviously I have email proof that she deleted mine and plus I know it's not there anymore. I had to rewrite my review and send it to her so she could approve it first. Talk about that for transparency?? And many people who've left bad reviews can probably attest the same. PS: peep the hair dangling over the creams. Hope no one ever got a cream with a hair in it.View attachment 803666View attachment 803667

Negative reviews have 100% been deleted!! I've read them with my own eyes and have since miraculously been removed

• Wow

bellebear

Interesting, thank you!

A couple of day ago someone asked if you need to certify products for sale on Etsy, I assume it is necessary, but could you confirm? Thank you
Yes, you absolutely need to certify for Etsy. ANY product that is used on the body in some way must be certified before sale. That includes anything that goes into a bath that will be on the body. So bath bombs, shower gels, body or face creams, any kind of makeup etc must be certified. If you use it on your face or body, or it goes into or on your body in any way, it counts.

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
She sells her SMALLEST 'gold cream' for £26.50. Looking at the ingredients, it's pretty much shea, jojoba oil, orange oil, ylang-ylang and gold leave (which genuinly is pennies when bought in bulk) its certainly not a miracle product, I tried and persisted... money down the drain.

I think it’s probably just one of the shooting modes on an iPhone. My pics come out like this if I use Portrait mode - studio lighting. It brightens the face, gives the photo a crisp look and can dull down lines and pores. Looks good on me- but on my partner it makes him look like his mum (40 years ago) 😂

Reactions: 1

morganmum

Hello! I started using these creams a year ago, just before lockdown 1. Got really annoyed at the 'going live at 12' sales. But I did get drawn into it! Sat there with the laptop stress sweating to get my hands on it. I was expecting miracles that didn't happen. The nature's Botox...nope, the cream that help swell your lips...nope. I gave it months and it does help my dry skin feel less angry but it would, it's Shea butter. The worst thing is now0 the cream that was £13/£14 is now £28/£29!!!! I mean really! It's totally out of a price range now. Anyone used anything else that's helpful for dry itchy skin! 🤷. I don't know how she can get away with this. Feel like I'm paying for her posh new house!
You could try getting shea butter and using that, there are lots of recipes online. I'm trying to figure out what the other ingredients in Zoes creams are and have a go myself, not to sell but to use myself. I hate this going live at 12 too

Ghana is one of the biggest producers of Shea. It’s only grown in a specific climate so it’s not like she’s getting a superior product. There is a difference between West and East African Shea, Eastern is better for skin care.
I’d assume she’s using 100% ingredients (because she’s not breaking down the ingredients further which would be very wrong) so she can rely on the manufacturers’ safety. They’re stable ingredients to mix together so I think the liability would go back to the producer of the components, she probably can’t be touched and has a disclaimer. When I say these are simple mixes, I mean they are very simple.
If you go on amazon or Holland and barret, get yourself a 100% Shea, a bottle of almond oil, orange oil, some zinc oxide powder and charcoal powder you’ll pretty much have her product. This is the kind of thing you would buy at a craft fair, or a hippy shop, just cleverly marketed.
Again, these are proven ingredients, they will be good for many skin types and most people couldn’t be arsed to DIY but we’re not talking about scientific research and technical ingredients, clinical trials that cost the money in other skin care so there’s really no justification for the price.
Have you any links please? I have googled myself but there a plethora of information out there. I'm determined to have a go myself.

Could we all look for shea butter skin recipes and share them? maybe try to replicate the creams at a fraction of the cost. We could try and replicate each of the creams

Last edited:

sweetiexoxoxo

Heads up people. ZB does read here (been confirmed) We already gathered that.

So now I know what she does apart from sell her rip off creams. Causes shit storms for people. 1 more monkey to add to the team ZB 😁
How has it been confirmed?

Also her stories where there are hundreds of just-filled jars with no lids. Surely that's extremely unhygienic to have them exposed to the air like that? Surely then the 12 month expiry information printed on the jars are a load of bollocks as the lids were never sealed on to begin with?

Oppyonion

TL;DR ex-customer gets screwed over by ZB creams, exposes the truth but got shut down for it. Shady company overall that just seems interested in overcharging gullible facebook moms for a bit of oil
Wow I'm so glad I found this thread, I only wish I knew about it whilst I was having a problem with her creams. I bought her creams back when the jars had the old design and she was still working from her kitchen (this was like late 2019). I knew they were expensive (and that was even back then) but bit the bullet because there were so many good reviews hailing it as a "miracle cream." The website also boasts how it "heals" various skin conditions like acne and psoriasis (the wording has now changed since then thank goodness). After using her creams, I went from having decent skin to the worst skin I've had since puberty. My face erupted in huge and painful spots that would leave significant scarring (most of it has gone now but even almost 2 years later there is still residual scarring I'm still trying to get rid of rip). Contacted her several times and each time she suggested changing various steps in my skincare routine, asking me to spend £££ on switching to an all-natural skincare routine entirely, because apparently the toner I had been using for years with no problems was suddenly the cause of my spots. And like the naive idiot I was back then, I listened to her.
6 months passed, and nothing was improving. I was well past her advised 4-8 week purging phase and was still struggling with these huge spots. In this time period I had also done a bit more research and found that there were no active ingredients in the old formulation. Active ingredients that increase skin cell turnover and are therefore likely to cause purging are typically not in creams and esp not in hers. Back when she was working in her kitchen she posted clips of her making the creams and using a wooden 🤢spoon to scoop the creams out of the mixing bowl which can't be properly sterilised. Also it makes you question how clean is her kitchen and cake mixer stand. She claimed to not use any agents to bulk up her creams yet the mixing process in itself incorporates air into the creams therefore making them more voluminous, and you guessed it, bulky. She persisted in a later email that she didn't do this yet an old instagram post contadicts her own words. The Zoe bee glow everyone raves about is just the oily sheen of the butters?? The SPF claim is shady without any certification or testing, as is the efficacy of the creams without proper dermatological testing. And finally, the ingredients of each of the creams were fundamentally the same, just one/two added ingredients to the base formula gave rise to each cream, again ingredients that are not skincare actives.
I reviewed her honestly giving both pros and cons and she deleted my review without explanation. I had to email her myself asking why. I got a lengthy response about how their thousands of good reviews must mean their products work and I was wrong to say I had been misled. Except they deleted my review and possibly more that didn't have a good experience, which in itself deceives potential customers in thinking there were only positive reviews. Long story short I got a refund. I actually continued using the creams as I didn't want it to waste and over time my skin reverted close to normal, after I used it as a second moisturiser. However I was not happy with how I was treated by the company, they don't respect people who have problems using their creams and basically blame the customer's skin and not their products. I think I only got the refund because they just wanted me to shut up. I'm sad to see other customers being denied a refund - ask, ask, ask! Since this ordeal I think I've seen quite a few bad reviews being deleted which imo is super unprofessional! She also quietly increased her prices massively in the first lockdown and didn't explain the HUGE increase until she got called out for it. It's definitely an easy DIY product to make yet she's charging lots, probably to cover her Tesla insurance. Don't get me started on that £26 jar of sugar with 2% coffee and clay!
Blimey, sounds like you had a right ordeal with it all, BUT you get a refund so well done on that front as I don’t think anyone else ever really does as it sounds like she tells everyone the same story of ‘your skin is just purging’ and the majority just suck it up and blame their skin for its reaction, rather than the creams!
I remember seeing a post saying she had been approached to have her creams mass produced and put in shops, and how she would never do this as she wanted to keep it homemade. I smelt bullshit straight away. It’s all very clever tactical ways that have clearly worked to over hype the products.
The amount of over hyping of the products has been laughable since I first ever came across the brand. The countdown to when she would be opening the shop through lockdown, and how there was thousands of people waiting to get their hands on the products, well there may well of been after announcements like that, if the government can get us to panic buy toilet roll an petrol, it’s not hard to make anything look hotter than it actually is!
she also did a post not so long ago doing her usual passive aggressive whinge, where she said she sees things written that say the creams are simple and could be made at home. She then went on to say how that was the point, they are made at home 🤣
I don’t think she gets the point, it wouldn’t matter if you put all those ingredients together in the middle of the woods, it would still be overpriced and something that anyone could create at home for much cheaper, and just because people don’t have the time, it doesn’t make her creams anything special, or a ‘miracle’ as she likes to say.
Negative reviews are regularly deleted, I’ve seen it with my own eyes, which says a lot about her if you really think about it.
If she can’t accept that not everyone is going to get on, or like her products, she needs a thicker skin and she also needs to understand that people have a right to leave an honest review - good or bad.
I find her very false, and I don’t buy in to the giving to dog charity, the tree planting and now wanting to send creams to hospitals for radiation burns. She comes across as desperate to be seen as kind and giving, it’s a constant with her. If it was in anyway legitimate, in my opinion, with the amount of money she’s raking in, she would be doing charitable things in silence without the need for all the bravado and recognition.
I also feel she likes to come across as relatable with the way she says she never wanted the brand to be faceless, it just seems like a way for her to get continuous attention which perhaps explains her breast implants she claims she had that she had to have removed years later due to breast implant illness (and not possibly because as the face of a natural brand, her having fake breasts looked absolutely ridiculous) 😉
I think as time goes on there will be more that comes out about this company and I don’t feel it’s going to be good.

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
The scrub is basically brown sugar and coffee granules.... AND COSTS £26 🤯

I persisted with my cream, no improvement to my skin, doesn't absorb and leaves a greasy residue on top of my face. Nice idea its natural ingredients but it's extortionate for what it is and is no way a miracle product it claims to be. Also, don't be fooled by all the positive reviews, the negative reviews are removed. She also begs for positive reviews as part of her giveaways

ChaosCEO

I see this is an old thread but I just stumbled upon it because I was considering buying some of her products. My dad has quite a severe case of psoriasis and has damaged the skin on his legs by using a steroid cream treatment for too long. I was very much hoping Zoe Bee creams might work for Dad, but have become increasingly suspicious that the hype is BS, for several reasons:

1. Zoe posted somewhere about her daily skincare routine, and stated that she double cleanses. “Double cleansing” refers to the practice of using an oil-based cleanser followed by a water-based one (or the other way round; I can’t remember which). However, Zoe mentioned the two cleansers she used, and they were both oils. It appeared she thought “double cleansing” simply meant “cleansing twice”, and that got me questioning how she would have the knowledge to make these miraculous creams if she could make that basic of an error.

2. When I ran out of moisturiser a couple of years back, instead of buying a new one I dug out an old tub of Shea butter from my bathroom cabinet. I loved the rich, luxurious texture and how I only needed to use a teeny bit, otherwise my skin would be super greasy. Seeing all the comments that Zoe and her customers would make about how “you only need a small amount because the creams are very rich…” made me suspect that they are essentially just Shea butter with a few drops of other ingredients. In which case, the “miracle cream” stuff seems a little suspect, because shea butter isn’t a cure-all for skin complaints.

3. I’d always questioned why a skincare product would contain amethyst or rose quartz, but I thought hey, no big deal, some very sensible people I know believe in crystal energy and other stuff I would characterise as “woo”. When she introduced her Queen Bee cream by talking about the supposedly amazing Swiss apple stem cells it contained, however, my scepticism increased. I looked up apple stem cells and there didn’t appear to be any good evidence supporting the idea that applying them to the skin has any benefits. I began thinking that if her creams were so effective then why did she add an ingredient that sounded impressive and science-y but was probably useless? Were all her creams, all her ingredients, similarly just smoke and mirrors?

4. One thing that had impressed me was how her skin always appeared to have this beautiful glow. Call me naive if you want, but I thought it was all real and natural, as she seemed to position it as the result of using her creams (“that Zoe Bee glow”). However recently she posted a video demonstrating how her morning makeup routine creates the “glow” effect. I guess I can give her credit for finally being honest that the glow shouldn’t be attributed to her creams, but it struck me that the products she was using didn’t appear to have similar “caring” credentials to her own brand (plastic free, vegan etc), and even if they did, she was using a lot of products just for one aesthetic outcome. The video just seemed like a window into a disconnect between the professed “natural, Earth-friendly beauty” values of her brand and the reality behind the scenes.

Maybe that last point is a little harsh. I dunno, maybe everything I’ve said here is a little harsh. Maybe the hype is real. I am just inclined to be extra sceptical given the price point of the product. If her creams were £10-15 a pop I’d have bought one by now, without even caring if they were mostly just Shea butter and pseudoscience, since I love using Shea butter on my skin anyway. It’s the big claims and the big prices that have made me think twice.

Edited to add, for anyone who’s looking for an alternative to Zoe Bee, Facetheory products tick the vegan and minimal plastic/eco packaging boxes.I’ve just started using one of their serums and I am blown away by the result. My face is so soft I can’t stop touching it (ironically this will almost certainly lead to a breakout!).