Zoe Bee Beauty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone is looking for an easy Shea body butter recipe, I have used Rachel Ama’s a few times now. Excellent results

Reactions: 3
Not investigated as such, more for testing (lack of), thought it would be compulsory when selling skincare/cosmetics. I might be talking rubbish, just an assumption
I looked at a couple of products on her website and it says on there that the legal requirements are being complied with, so I assumed she got each product certified and lists ingredients.

Not investigated as such, more for testing (lack of), thought it would be compulsory when selling skincare/cosmetics. I might be talking rubbish, just an assumption
Well she claims things are sent off for testing (what type of testing who really knows 🤷🏼‍♀️) I don’t know enough about beauty products to know what procedures they have to go through before they can be sold.
I really wouldn’t think she would risk losing all her assets by not doing the important things.
I do still wonder though, how she can claim to have secret ingredients.... are they secret ingredients that have been tested but for some reason she is allowed to not disclose to customers? Again, who bloody knows with ZB.

Well she claims things are sent off for testing (what type of testing who really knows 🤷🏼‍♀️) I don’t know enough about beauty products to know what procedures they have to go through before they can be sold.
I really wouldn’t think she would risk losing all her assets by not doing the important things.
I do still wonder though, how she can claim to have secret ingredients.... are they secret ingredients that have been tested but for some reason she is allowed to not disclose to customers? Again, who bloody knows with ZB.
She cannot (legally) have "secret ingredients" as all ingredients need to be listed, but the formula / or "recipe" could be a secret as this does not need to be disclosed.

Previously (back when her products were packaged in those little jam jars), she didn’t list the ingredients and expiry/batch dates. But now I believe she does list all the ingredients on the pots and on the website, and claims that they are now tested.

I haven’t seen anything about these secret ingredients you ladies mention though 🤔 so maybe I missed something

She cannot (legally) have "secret ingredients" as all ingredients need to be listed, but the formula / or "recipe" could be a secret as this does not need to be disclosed.
So potentially formula could be that she whips it up in a big cake mixer?!!

That just reminded me of the time before she was due to move and have the ‘lab’
She put a post up saying how there was going to be cutting edge technology and machinery in there. I remember laughing to myself thinking how is that possible with hand whipped lovingly home made creams!?
A few months later there were a few posts of an extra large whisk and ZB with a massive bowl and plastic spoon 😂
So cutting edge and all of that machinery...wow 🤣
This woman is the queen of hype it all up...she talks utter shitttttt!

She put a post up saying how there was going to be cutting edge technology and machinery in there. I remember laughing to myself thinking how is that possible with hand whipped lovingly home made creams!?
A few months later there were a few posts of an extra large whisk and ZB with a massive bowl and plastic spoon 😂
Oh and space for create mode!
If the beetox box is anything to go by, she clearly needs more space 😂😂😂

Attachments

Oh and space for create mode!
If the beetox box is anything to go by, she clearly needs more space 😂😂😂
ewwww is a plastic spoon even hygienic? You can't sterilise that! Nor is she wearing a mask or hair net - there's a multitude of ways that can get contaminated. It's probably the same cake mixer Mr Kipling uses to make their cakes...
And PS: testing it on your kids is not enough to market it as being "safe for newborns and children." Also are those creams dermatologically tested? and clinically proven to work? If not ZB can bore off.

Reactions: 1
ewwww is a plastic spoon even hygienic? You can't sterilise that! Nor is she wearing a mask or hair net - there's a multitude of ways that can get contaminated. It's probably the same cake mixer Mr Kipling uses to make their cakes...
And PS: testing it on your kids is not enough to market it as being "safe for newborns and children." Also are those creams dermatologically tested? and clinically proven to work? If not ZB can bore off.
I don’t think wearing a mask is mandatory in a skin lab.
I just wouldn’t want one of her fake eyelashes to fall into one of my creams LOL 😂😂 (pic attached of her fake lashes from her business social media).

And when it comes to newborns… as someone who has a nut allergy (only person in my family) I would be very hesitant using anything on a baby that derives from a nut (her Shea butter). Because really we just don’t know if a baby is going to have a nut allergy or not as I wouldn’t want to risk it on a newborn. But that’s my personal opinion. I know others have a different approach with introducing nuts and common allergens to babies (also referring to her almond oil ingredient as being one of these other common allergens).

Attachments

I don’t think wearing a mask is mandatory in a skin lab.
I just wouldn’t want one of her fake eyelashes to fall into one of my creams LOL 😂😂 (pic attached of her fake lashes from her business social media).

And when it comes to newborns… as someone who has a nut allergy (only person in my family) I would be very hesitant using anything on a baby that derives from a nut (her Shea butter). Because really we just don’t know if a baby is going to have a nut allergy or not as I wouldn’t want to risk it on a newborn. But that’s my personal opinion. I know others have a different approach with introducing nuts and common allergens to babies (also referring to her almond oil ingredient as being one of these other common allergens).
Aside from the fake eyelashes (for a natural business sometimes I think she’s pushing it a little bit...) but that is a really pretty photo of her.
Personally I wouldn’t put the cream on a newborn or young baby, the only cream I ever put on my babies was sudocreme and Johnson’s baby lotion, but I’m old skool and stick to what I know!

Aside from the fake eyelashes (for a natural business sometimes I think she’s pushing it a little bit...) but that is a really pretty photo of her.
Personally I wouldn’t put the cream on a newborn or young baby, the only cream I ever put on my babies was sudocreme and Johnson’s baby lotion, but I’m old skool and stick to what I know!
Oh yes certainly, I think she is a lovely looking lady.

Just not sure on the whole fake eyelashes while making creams. I guess it’s just because I compare it to hospital procedures (or when giving birth- possible c-section) where you aren’t allowed to wear falsies because they could end up inside you and grow bacteria etc 🤢 and that image lives rent free in my mind lol. I just worry about those germy little things contaminating any products that I consume or that goes on my skin. But then I have always been a bit weird with finding hair in my food- literally gives me nightmares.

Oh goodness don’t get me started on the company Johnson’s and Johnson’s. I’ve lost track of how many billions and billions they’ve had to pay out in compensation for their baby powder and OGX shampoo and conditioners. I used the OGX shampoos for about 3 years 😱

Oh yes certainly, I think she is a lovely looking lady.

Just not sure on the whole fake eyelashes while making creams. I guess it’s just because I compare it to hospital procedures (or when giving birth- possible c-section) where you aren’t allowed to wear falsies because they could end up inside you and grow bacteria etc 🤢 and that image lives rent free in my mind lol. I just worry about those germy little things contaminating any products that I consume or that goes on my skin. But then I have always been a bit weird with finding hair in my food- literally gives me nightmares.

Oh goodness don’t get me started on the company Johnson’s and Johnson’s. I’ve lost track of how many billions and billions they’ve had to pay out in compensation for their baby powder and OGX shampoo and conditioners. I used the OGX shampoos for about 3 years 😱
I agree she should not have the lashes or things like false nails when making the creams. Her mixing tools should be metal so they can be sterile after use.
A few hygiene basics that she isn’t getting right.
Maybe just needs some training in contraindications etc
If nobody monitors the way things are done and she is in charge, there isn’t anyone to oversee things like this.
I’ve heard a lot about the baby Johnson powder actually, containing cancer causing agents? I never used the powder because of that story id heard.
I actually think I use the OGX stuff! Is it bad?

I agree she should not have the lashes or things like false nails when making the creams. Her mixing tools should be metal so they can be sterile after use.
A few hygiene basics that she isn’t getting right.
Maybe just needs some training in contraindications etc
If nobody monitors the way things are done and she is in charge, there isn’t anyone to oversee things like this.
I’ve heard a lot about the baby Johnson powder actually, containing cancer causing agents? I never used the powder because of that story id heard.
I actually think I use the OGX stuff! Is it bad?
Yes 100% agree, nobody is overseeing basic hygiene and that’s the issue.

Yes thats’s right, the talc was found to have detectable levels of asbestos in it. I bet their insurers were not happy bunny’s the day they lost that course case 😅
And yes the OGX stuff is claimed to make people loose their hair after length of use- I can’t remember the name of the chemical in it that they linked it to- but have a quick google and I’m sure you’ll find it! I’m not sure if they have changed the formulation now or whether it’s still going through court proceedings. I didn’t want to chance it so I abandoned it 😅

Yes 100% agree, nobody is overseeing basic hygiene and that’s the issue.

Yes thats’s right, the talc was found to have detectable levels of asbestos in it. I bet their insurers were not happy bunny’s the day they lost that course case 😅
And yes the OGX stuff is claimed to make people loose their hair after length of use- I can’t remember the name of the chemical in it that they linked it to- but have a quick google and I’m sure you’ll find it! I’m not sure if they have changed the formulation now or whether it’s still going through court proceedings. I didn’t want to chance it so I abandoned it 😅
I use the charcoal OGX and apple cider vinegar conditioner...it’s not worth the hype to be honest but I was going to finish the bottles, maybe not now! 😬

Scraping the barrell gifting to Jenny Powell 🤣🤣🤣
Wow Jenny got lucky 😜 I bet Malin will be crying in to her cereal this morning 😆

Cosmetic testing, certification, etc is my remit, so let me explain a little how it works.

To certify you must send the base recipe and a certain amount of modifications, e.g scent, colour, active ingredients, to a certification lab. You don't need to send any actual product. They certify that your products are safe to use, you pay them, and then as long as you stick to the recipe and percentage amounts exactly then everything is fine and covered. The modifications are generally not to be more than 10% of the recipe, so 90% of the base needs to be the same across all types of item. You could certify each and every item alone, but it's not really cost effective and as we know ZB creams are all the same base with minor changes.

Listing ingredients is a MUST. They have to be listed in order of percentages first: e.g shea butter as the main ingredient would be first. The only exception is anything 1% or below can be listed in any order at the end. Any bath/body/makeup product must also state at least the postcode of whoever the responsible person is, aka, whoever is listed as the certified person. No-one else is allowed to make the item; I believe ZB has said before only she can make the creams, and that is why. If you can't display the responsible person's information on the product then it must come with it and be in a prominent position in the box or outer packaging.

There is no way her creams were certified originally, when there were no ingredients. She likely got certifications when she formally registered the business. However, as a certified responsible person, she should know she's not allowed to make sweeping claims about cures for particular conditions. She can suggest that a product "may help" at best.