Zayn / Gigi

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly my thoughts. We live in a world where white people regularly call the police on ethnic minorities for sometimes nothing/minor things or when they are in fact the aggressors and when the police get there, they assume that the person of colour is immediately guilty. You only have to type “Karen” or “Kevin” in the search bars of social media. This is why I’m reserved on making a judgement re: him until there is hardcore evidence, especially as Yolanda is known to be manipulative and vindictive. If he did in fact assault her, I’m not condoning it at all and that’s what is getting misconstrued. For those that think that there is more to the story than meets the eye, it seems those with the opposing view think that we are condoning violence. I know for sure, I personally am not.
Wow. It’s fine to be assaulted by a man in front of your granddaughter if you’re a bit ‘Karen’ like then and the man in question is famous.🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Some of the comments on this thread are absolutely horrific, with posters tying themselves in knots to invent scenarios where they can make the abuser the victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Wow! I think it's wild that there are such strong opinions about this when actually no one knows these people personally; most of us are just calmly speculating on what may or not have happened. I haven't seen anyone excuse Zayn’s behaviour, yet there are a few posts which are kind of shaming anyone that is not automatically cancelling him.

Again, all i’ve said is that we don't know the situation, we don't know anything about their relationship, all we know is Zayn raised his voice and was aggressive, but we don't really know what led to that, why Jolanda was there, what the exchange was, we can't say that he was on drugs as it's not been mentioned. All we can do, and are doing is speculating on past headlines and what someone was like on reality tv. There's nothing wrong with that.

I personally don't think the above is enough to cancel someone or feel so passionately that they want to argue with people about it on an online forum.

I do feel compassion for Zayn, Gigi & the baby, that their family is going through this, that it's all so public. Zayn is known to struggle mentally, so literally losing everything cant be easy.

- BTW I was never a 1D fan, or a Zayn fan, I like his song; that is all before anyone accuses me of any bias.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
with respect, who is making Zayn out to be the victim? I've not seen a single person make excuses for him. We're speculating about what potentially lead to that situation on a gossip site. Just cause we're not all out with the pitchforks for him doesn't mean we are making excuses or defending him. Not one person has condoned it. We are all entitled to discuss what we think happened on a site designed to discuss people and gossip.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Wow. It’s fine to be assaulted by a man in front of your granddaughter if you’re a bit ‘Karen’ like then and the man in question is famous.🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Some of the comments on this thread are absolutely horrific, with posters tying themselves in knots to invent scenarios where they can make the abuser the victim.
Lol. Your comprehension is extremely off! 😂😂😂

Wow! I think it's wild that there are such strong opinions about this when actually no one knows these people personally; most of us are just calmly speculating on what may or not have happened. I haven't seen anyone excuse Zayn’s behaviour, yet there are a few posts which are kind of shaming anyone that is not automatically cancelling him.

Again, all i’ve said is that we don't know the situation, we don't know anything about their relationship, all we know is Zayn raised his voice and was aggressive, but we don't really know what led to that, why Jolanda was there, what the exchange was, we can't say that he was on drugs as it's not been mentioned. All we can do, and are doing is speculating on past headlines and what someone was like on reality tv. There's nothing wrong with that.

I personally don't think the above is enough to cancel someone or feel so passionately that they want to argue with people about it on an online forum.

I do feel compassion for Zayn, Gigi & the baby, that their family is going through this, that it's all so public. Zayn is known to struggle mentally, so literally losing everything cant be easy.

- BTW I was never a 1D fan, or a Zayn fan, I like his song; that is all before anyone accuses me of any bias.
Fantastic post! Thank you for being measured when other people are finding things in comments that aren’t there.

with respect, who is making Zayn out to be the victim? I've not seen a single person make excuses for him. We're speculating about what potentially lead to that situation on a gossip site. Just cause we're not all out with the pitchforks for him doesn't mean we are making excuses or defending him. Not one person has condoned it. We are all entitled to discuss what we think happened on a site designed to discuss people and gossip.
Exactly. As if somebody took my post as saying that Zayn was allowed to hurt her because she was being a “Karen.” Someone needs to go back to Key Stage 1 comprehension or whatever the US equivalent is for 5-7 year old comprehension level at school.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yolanda is obviously not quite right but if I thought my child or grandchild was in danger, I’m sorry I would be right in there getting the baby out,

He has been dropped by the record label, there is obviously something else going on (drugs?) that we aren’t privy to but the fact she’s gone with a security guard something tells me he isn’t in the right frame of mind to be looking after a baby

Reactions: 9
Yolanda is obviously not quite right but if I thought my child or grandchild was in danger, I’m sorry I would be right in there getting the baby out,

He has been dropped by the record label, there is obviously something else going on (drugs?) that we aren’t privy to but the fact she’s gone with a security guard something tells me he isn’t in the right frame of mind to be looking after a baby
Has anybody confirmed that the baby was in danger though? Why would Gigi leave Khai with him if he was abusing drugs? This is why it doesn’t make sense to me. It seems to me that she was just interfering. There were reports that she was trying to leak pictures of Khai and he got mad. I was not there and do not know if that is the truth, I just feel that the story has lots of holes in it.

Reactions: 15

i assume he has been dropped because his career is not going anywhere. if you don't want to do publicity etc as the kind of artist he is it is kind of impossible to go anywhere

i assume he has been dropped because his career is not going anywhere. if you don't want to do publicity etc as the kind of artist he is it is kind of impossible to go anywhere
He was always heading for getting dropped. This probably just accelerated his label dropping him.

Reactions: 7
Do we even know Khai was there? It doesn’t mention that it either Zayn’s statement or the police report. She may have been with Gigi.

Reactions: 3
I’ve agreed with lots of posts, even those looking at opposing viewpoints. I think there’s so much in this situation that we may never know (unless Yolanda has more to say). We can look at all of the exterior factors as much as we want, but at the end of the day, it concerns a family and family dynamics that we can only look at from a distance, so we’ll never know the true story.

It was wrong for Yolanda to impose herself when he asked her to leave. It was even more wrong for Zayn to physically hurt Yolanda in anyway.

I don’t think a mother would leave their child with their man if he was doing hard drugs and they were aware of it, so I don’t think Zayn does that.

The only additional person who could provide perspective on the situation would be Gigi, and she strikes me as someone who is going to remain silent.

• Heart
I can’t wait for the truth to come out. It is definitely somewhere in the middle. If she did just go to the house to check on her granddaughter (uninvited or otherwise) and he flipped then he deserves more punishment than anger management classes and being dropped from his label. That’s another reason as to why my brain is ticking, America apparently has a high conviction rate and incarceration rate of ethnic minorities irrespective of social standing so wouldn’t his punishment be more severe? Such as 3 months in jail? I know that he was in 1D but they’ve been long gone for ages and he’s no longer at the top of the Hollywood food chain, if he ever was. Even Lyndsay Lohan and friends had a few days in jail for DUIs. My brain just does overtime when a story has lots of holes.
Do we even know Khai was there? It doesn’t mention that it either Zayn’s statement or the police report. She may have been with Gigi.
If she wasn’t there, what was Yolanda’s motive to go to the house?

Reactions: 1
America apparently has a high conviction rate and incarceration rate of ethnic minorities irrespective of social standing so wouldn’t his punishment be more severe? Such as 3 months in jail?
Just playing devil's advocate, but perhaps what he's got could be considered harsh punishment for the crime.

But like you said, we won't know until the truth comes out. We may never know.

Has anybody confirmed that the baby was in danger though? Why would Gigi leave Khai with him if he was abusing drugs? This is why it doesn’t make sense to me. It seems to me that she was just interfering. There were reports that she was trying to leak pictures of Khai and he got mad. I was not there and do not know if that is the truth, I just feel that the story has lots of holes in it.
Because she doesn’t care? She might be a bad mother? She maybe won’t admit zayn is into drugs as much as he is? (If he is). People do strange unthinkable things every day.

I don’t think a mother would leave their child with their man if he was doing hard drugs and they were aware of it, so I don’t think Zayn does that.
But mothers do leave their kids with people who do hard drugs. It’s a fact and happens everyday all over the world.

Just playing devil's advocate, but perhaps what he's got could be considered harsh punishment for the crime.

But like you said, we won't know until the truth comes out. Perhaps we will never know.
I don’t mind you playing D.A…

Do you think that it’s a harsh punishment? (Not criticising you at all just want to know your thoughts, I’m all about healthy and respectful debate).

If someone with previously documented anger issues, irrespective of race, is violent towards another human being or animal (unprovoked as Yolanda states) then I believe that a prison sentence reflecting the severity of that assault is reasonable. No previous, then maybe anger management would suffice. It’s the previous for me which makes me think that it would have been a sentence. America is harsher with sentence than the UK. I could see him getting off with a caution here as it would be labelled a “domestic.”

But mothers do leave their kids with people who do hard drugs. It’s a fact and happens everyday all over the world.
Agree. Not everyone had the media scrutinising their every move though.

Didn’t he buy Perries mum a house in Dorset where she lives and then kicked her out of it when they broke up. I get he owned it, but why give someone a house to take it off them?! Something is off about him!
So you expect zayn to pay for his ex girlfriends mams house? Honestly you don’t live in the real world.

Reactions: 11
The number of “yeah he should have done that, but…” posts are pretty troubling tbh. And sickening. How can anyone defend him physically and verbally abusing someone? If he wants her to leave the property and she won’t, then call the police, don’t abuse her. Oh wait, there was a security guard there too who he was trying to fight with! Such a lovely guy is Zayn.
Again, not in the real world. If someone enters my home without permission they will be getting told to duck off. Its the same for anyone else despite how famous or rich they may be. Zayn apparently pushed Gigis mam so it’s hardly physical abuse, it’s a bloody push. If you are quite happy for someone to walk into your home uninvited and you wouldn’t say or do anything but call the police then god help you should you ever be burgled.

Because she doesn’t care? She might be a bad mother? She maybe won’t admit zayn is into drugs as much as he is? (If he is). People do strange unthinkable things every day.

I would add what @everyoneistriggered said (I can’t figure out how to properly quote!) - “Not everyone had the media scrutinising their every move though.” It may happen all around the world, but I would say not to people with the reputation of the Hadids or the wealth. She would be judged harshly if she was allowing Khai around Zayn while he was doing the hard stuff. And like someone else said, Yolanda perhaps would’ve mentioned it already because it’s a sure fire way to get everyone on her side. Unless she’s trying to be as respectful as possible towards Gigi and keeping some things quiet.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I would add what @everyoneistriggered said (I can’t figure out how to properly quote!) - “Not everyone had the media scrutinising their every move though.” It may happen all around the world, but I would say not to people with the reputation of the Hadids or the wealth. She would be judged harshly if she was allowing Khai around Zayn while he was doing the hard stuff. And like someone else said, Yolanda perhaps would’ve mentioned it already because it’s a sure fire way to get everyone on her side. Unless she’s trying to be as respectful as possible towards Gigi and keeping some things quiet.
She wouldn’t be judged harshly as you have people like you saying oh Gigi wouldn’t go that… she’s got wealth and a reputation. At the end of the day you have no clue what Gigi is like as a mother, she could be the worst. Her every move isn’t scrutinised either, hence all the perfect pictures on the gram and in real life her boyfriend and mother hate each other, this would have never been found out if the police hadn’t filed a report.

Do you think that it’s a harsh punishment? (Not criticising you at all just want to know your thoughts, I’m all about healthy and respectful debate).
If i’m honest I dont really have a strong opinion on it, we don't know the context of what went down, or the history (I don't know anything about him tbh).

What I will say though is that i’m surprised you can be charged with harassment for shouting down the phone at your partner. That detail makes me think he really tried to get Jolanda to leave, asking Gigi to back him up, she refused and he obviously lost his temper. We don't know the severity of this, we know he's said things to her, but we don't know how she behaved towards him. Again I feel I need to point out that i’m in no way excusing him, I'm just being realistic in that it usually takes two to have a row. I think if he had really done harm he would have had a prison sentence or similar, but I think anger management is a positive thing, clearly he needs it.

Because of all the above I am inclined to think it's been blown out of proportion and dramatised. He didn't go looking for a fight, he’s lost his tit and he's facing the consequences.

Again, not in the real world. If someone enters my home without permission they will be getting told to duck off. Its the same for anyone else despite how famous or rich they may be. Zayn apparently pushed Gigis mam so it’s hardly physical abuse, it’s a bloody push. If you are quite happy for someone to walk into your home uninvited and you wouldn’t say or do anything but call the police then god help you should you ever be burgled.
Yeah tbh this is it, its just reality. Anger management is needed, but let's not make it something it isn't.

Reactions: 6