Zayn / Gigi

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh I think a lot of ppl commenting here do not understand the societal and power dynamics between a man of color and a white woman. I don’t doubt that zayn has anger issues - there’s recorded history of that. But the fact is, that their respective race makes her look like a bigger victim and him a worse abuser. I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I mainly hope that this doesn’t have a negative impact on Khai in the long run.
I have to say a lot of comments on here are very either/or thinking and not taking into account the nuance of the situation. no one who has mentioned Yolanda own toxic tendencies is denying zayn could have been wrongfully abusive etc nor saying domestic violence is ok. it’s obviously absolutely not. This comment is gold tho. there is more to the story, taking into account what we know of Yolanda, than just “zayn = big heroin junkie woman beater”. how he responded is not defensible but I don’t doubt there was likely something for him to respond to. And YES on what this comment says regarding power dynamics. noting this does not mean someone is saying “domestic violence is excusable let’s all defend zayn” - it’s literally just noting the factors that may have come into play.

Not sure where people are getting it was only a verbal altercation from...he pleaded no contest to shoving Yolanda into a dresser, and calling her a "bleeping Dutch slut", attempting to fight the security guard working, ⁠to harassing Gigi and telling her to "strap on some bleeping balls and defend your partner against your bleeping mother in my house." over the phone and referring to Khai as "the bleeping sperm that came out of my bleeping cock"
From the quote I took the last one as a response to likely something from Yolanda along the lines of “what gives you the right” and him responding with this unfavourable line rather than him actually calling his child that. like, an unfavourable way of saying “I’m her biological father that’s what gives me the right”. it’s not a great response but I didn’t take it as him calling his child glorified sperm lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not a fan of any of them tbh. Don’t think I’ve ever commented on 1D in my life but I’d worry for Zayn tbh. I hope he has support around him. I can see him spiralling.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Does Zayn even want his music to reach a new audience or does he just enjoy making it? He promotes that Harry Potter game more than he promoted his last two albums. Maybe him being dropped won't be so detrimental as I'm sure he can afford or already has his own studio to make music in independently. His fans will find it and listen regardless.

Reactions: 6
Does Zayn even want his music to reach a new audience or does he just enjoy making it? He promotes that Harry Potter game more than he promoted his last two albums. Maybe him being dropped won't be so detrimental as I'm sure he can afford or already has his own studio to make music in independently. His fans will find it and listen regardless.
I'm pretty sure he said he enjoys the process of making music and wants to focus on that, in which case not having a record label suits him just fine, since he'd just need a studio for that.

Reactions: 8
wasn't there an incidence a while back where bella hadid's friend was going off on zayn in nyc and no one stood up for him? bella continued hanging out with that friend and they just moved past it? i've always felt like zayn was just following gigi's decisions about staying near her family, near her mother's farm etc. but at the end of the day, we dont know the story, we're all speculating.

idk, i've had a MIL from hell who i've cut off and the things i've said to her would definitely constitute harrassment :ROFLMAO: i was just lucky that my partner was on my side and wasn't a mommy's boy (which is what zayn seems to be telling gigi - to grow some balls against your mother).

Reactions: 10
This sums the whole thing up quite well. I feel like if Z & G are still focused on coparenting together he might have been telling the truth.
I can’t imagine there were drugs involved either. If there were serious issues that put K at risk this would have been the perfect opportunity to contest his request for “probation/parole supervision“.

90 days per each crime including shouting at Gigi down the phone adds up to 360 days, seems harsh to me. However anger management is a good thing I think. “Additionally, he must be screened for, and if approved, complete a domestic violence supervision program” - this will be interesting if the results of this are reported.

Reactions: 5
A few months back it was in the press that pop star was arrested for assaulting their girlfriend but didn’t say who, could it be Zayn?

A few months back it was in the press that pop star was arrested for assaulting their girlfriend but didn’t say who, could it be Zayn?
was this the one in London? I remember reading it on a thread here, it was found who he was (cannot remember who but it wasn't him - if we are talking about the same case)

was this the one in London? I remember reading it on a thread here, it was found who he was (cannot remember who but it wasn't him - if we are talking about the same case)
It was dizzee rascal I think I remember

Reactions: 6
This sums the whole thing up quite well. I feel like if Z & G are still focused on coparenting together he might have been telling the truth.
I can’t imagine there were drugs involved either. If there were serious issues that put K at risk this would have been the perfect opportunity to contest his request for “probation/parole supervision“.

90 days per each crime including shouting at Gigi down the phone adds up to 360 days, seems harsh to me. However anger management is a good thing I think. “Additionally, he must be screened for, and if approved, complete a domestic violence supervision program” - this will be interesting if the results of this are reported.

If Yolanda does expose Zayn Gigi will be exposed also it could get really messy with khai taken of them which is why I think Gigi has agreed to co-parent because i think both of them must have evidence against each other even though Zayn is most likely worse out of the two. Gigi of course is lucky to have the support of her family and loved ones so close to her to stop her from totally isolating from the world to binge on drugs.

Reactions: 1
Easy response to her maybe saying something along the lines of what gives you the right … ERRRR THE FUCKIN SPERM THAT CAME OUT OF ME COCK YOLANDA

it’s not a funny situation. But those quotes did make me laugh I can’t lie. U can take the boy outta Bradford 🤣🤣🤣
And also Yolanda is Dutch and he pushed her allegedly into a dresser, as soon as I saw that I remembered when I was young we had a Dutch Dresser I don't know why that popped into my mind, the Alice Ioan thread has sent me mad 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
There’s been blinds over the years about Gigi and drugs as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if things got very messy very quickly if they let it

Two entitled twats.

Gigi only this far in the career ladder due to her mother's connections (she used to "model" from CK for God sake, you don't go from fitness to catwalk fashion. She is build like a man). Her sister is the model type but boring as a cucumber, 0 personality.

Zayn is the one who got lucky in life, let ego get over his head and is letting drugs take over his life and destroy his career.

That poor child stuck in the middle! May the Guardian angles look after her.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Still unsure what to make of it.

Dont believe it. Its probably just Yolanda putting the idea out there and seeing how the public are reacting to a tell-all and whether it'll be in their favour or not. I dont think it will and I dont think Gigi would ever air her dirty laundry out like that. It would just create even more of a toxic environment for Khai, no?

Its like how the media was tipped off about Gigi's pregnancy then before Gigi could confirm herself, Yolanda confirmed it first. People said she was the one who leaked it in the first place.

Gigi being a child of divorce and having many step siblings at a time will know how to deal with it, bc she's experienced this from Khai's position (obviously Gigi was a lot older!) so she really should put her foot down with Yolanda imo.

Dont believe it. Its probably just Yolanda putting the idea out there and seeing how the public are reacting to a tell-all and whether it'll be in their favour or not. I dont think it will and I dont think Gigi would ever air her dirty laundry out like that. It would just create even more of a toxic environment for Khai, no?

Its like how the media was tipped off about Gigi's pregnancy then before Gigi could confirm herself, Yolanda confirmed it first. People said she was the one who leaked it in the first place.

Gigi being a child of divorce and having many step siblings at a time will know how to deal with it, bc she's experienced this from Khai's position (obviously Gigi was a lot older!) so she really should put her foot down with Yolanda imo.
Yeah, I do wonder how easy it is for her mum to manipulate her. The feeling I get from the quotes is that Zayn was fine to parent Khai when him and Gigi were happy, but when cracks started to show between them they decided he's no longer good enough. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I do wonder how easy it is for her mum to manipulate her. The feeling I get from the quotes is that Zayn was fine to parent Khai when him and Gigi were happy, but when cracks started to show between them they decided he's no longer good enough. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I agree. Zayn's mum was also in the house when the whole scene kicked off. So if him and Gigi were already broken up at the time of the altercation, he flew his mum over to help him parent Khai anyway so its even more of a kick in the teeth if Yolanda came storming over to say how unfit he is to parent if she knows and Gigi knows, his mum is also there.

Yolanda is all about that preachy clean, healthy lifestyle which is fine for her but I can imagine with Zayn's cannabis use, she probably thought it was her right to go take Khai bc she wasn't in fit hands. However, unlike both Yolanda's kids, Zayn has never had any problems with the law in terms of DUI's and getting caught with drugs on their person so I think its really rich of her to be taking a holier than thou stance on being the better carer when 2/3 of her kids have admitted to going/needing therapy. Bella was in rehab for the better half of 2020 and Anwar is so open about his lifestyle! It seems Gigi is the only kid who Yolanda still has some control over, especially since they moved closer to her on the farm.

This thread is actually insane.

He basically admitted to assault, he's (in)famously private so it absolutely baffles me that people are pontificating about the intricacies of the family relationships and somehow he almost always comes out of these fantasies as the hero?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree. Zayn's mum was also in the house when the whole scene kicked off. So if him and Gigi were already broken up at the time of the altercation, he flew his mum over to help him parent Khai anyway so its even more of a kick in the teeth if Yolanda came storming over to say how unfit he is to parent if she knows and Gigi knows, his mum is also there.

Yolanda is all about that preachy clean, healthy lifestyle which is fine for her but I can imagine with Zayn's cannabis use, she probably thought it was her right to go take Khai bc she wasn't in fit hands. However, unlike both Yolanda's kids, Zayn has never had any problems with the law in terms of DUI's and getting caught with drugs on their person so I think its really rich of her to be taking a holier than thou stance on being the better carer when 2/3 of her kids have admitted to going/needing therapy. Bella was in rehab for the better half of 2020 and Anwar is so open about his lifestyle! It seems Gigi is the only kid who Yolanda still has some control over, especially since they moved closer to her on the farm.
have you ever heard of an injunction?
I don't think we can ever be sure zayn hasn't been caught doing things he shouldn't be....
Why do people forget that both zayn and gigi have entire teams keeping their image as clean as possible.
So when he admits to assault its pretty safe to assume bad stuff went down, potentially even worse that what is allowed to be reported.