Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturiser. Friends have said the same
Wearing it today, in fact, to try to look less deathly tired! It looks like it’s on sale on LookFantastic too 🤞

I tried a Laura Mercier one too but think it was the wrong shade so never really took to it.

The best ever tinted balm I’ve used is from the US but might be available here or on Amazon or something - Buxom Powerplump Lip Balm. It has a lovely minty smell and makes a gorgeous pinky colour from your natural lip colour.
I agree - I had that Bare Minerals tinted moisturiser and it is really nice. If I remember correctly, the consistency was more like a gel than a cream?

Reactions: 3
Is that a ‘thing’? I have agoraphobia and it’s the whole talking during beauty treatments that petrifies me?
My hairdressers/ beauty salon offer silent appointments you just request when you book, they obviously talk through the treatment with you but then you can just relax as it’s your time 👍 I don’t mind chatting but sometimes it’s nice to be able to go and just chill 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t talk after my consultation at the hairdresser. I plug in my headphones and tune out.

• Heart
Do your hair. Even if you have to stay up 20 minutes later or get up 20 minutes earlier. A nice blow dry will make you feel and look better. I love the Dyson hairdryer and the Revlon blow drying brush.

Related, if you're grey, maintain your roots. I even do this myself at home with root touch up (the Clairol ones are great). In a pinch I use tinted hair sprays on my roots.

Wear the same colour head to toe to look instantly chic.

Always keep your nails neat. I swear by sheer pink gel and do it myself at home every 2 weeks. My favourites are OPI Bubble Bath and Essie Topless & Barefoot.

Have a good skincare and hygiene routine. Vitamin C, retinol and sunscreen are your best friends.

Keep your brows neat and try to avoid the fake-looking slug-brows you see all over Instagram. A swipe of tinted brow gel is all you really need. I like Glossier's Boy Brow.

Find your signature make up. For me, it's a brown/taupe cream eyeshadow (MAC Groundwork), some cream blush (Stila Peony), and a sheer gloss on my lips.

Adding jewelry always makes me feel more put together. A nice pair of subtle earrings, a layering necklace, and a classic looking watch (gold or silver depending on your colouring).

Find a signature scent.

Invest in a good handbag and/or good shoes. You can easily wear stuff from the high street and elevate it with a classic designer bag.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Can anyone suggest a good hair mask for naturally wavy hair, as it’s been bleached before it’s just a big ball of frizz but want that shiny look when I straighten it! Xxx

Reactions: 1
Can anyone suggest a good hair mask for naturally wavy hair, as it’s been bleached before it’s just a big ball of frizz but want that shiny look when I straighten it! Xxx
I've been loving Noughty To the Rescue recently. I use it once a week for about 15 mins then use a wee bit of hair oil on the ends before drying. I've been able to stretch out my hairdresser appointments a bit 😅

Reactions: 2
Love this thread!
Eyebrows groomed is my number 1! A cheap clear mascara works fine
Toe nails painted bright & colourful
Clothes - Wear black and neutrals
Glasses lens clean & smudge free! I use individual lens wipes
Organised bags, no old receipts
Eyelashes curled (heat up your metal curler with a hairdryer)
Any tips for thin fine hair - products/ cuts, etc?

Reactions: 5
Great thread!

To stay polished I...

-cleanse, tone, moisturise and face serum daily... I have a mixture of ESPA, Elemis, Dermalogica, Estee Lauder and some budget Aldi Lacura range that are award winning.

-wash my hair - wait for it....every 7-10 days. It's v thick and I find washing it any more frequently makes it greasy and dull.

-keep my nails clean and short ish... I have them gelled professionally for annual summer hol and for Xmas then in between do them myself with my own uv kit. Not always though, I often have bare nails.

-tint my own brows and lashes once a month

-get brows threaded every 3-4 months... I like the thick and full

I must admit, my skin has always been good and as I've got older I'm more confident and feel pretty with no make up at all...however, I do usually wear mascara if leaving the house. It really brightens my eyes and whole face.

Much of the above stopped as I have a newborn. I can go 2 weeks without doing any skincare regime apart from a slick of serum after my daily bath 🙃 I need to get back into self care! Also, haven't fake tanned for 10yrs, and that may lift me too.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone have any tips for what to use for at home brow tints?

Also I need to refresh my skincare regime, favourite brands?

I ❤ this thread!

I am looking for advice on how to get my eye make up right so my eyes pop out, as in every photo it looks like i am squinting.

most of the you tubers i’ve seen have orange faces and slugs for eyebrows. I’m looking for something more natural for 40+ female which gives a great effect without resorting to false eyelashes.

something else please is how do you look fab and polished if you’re going for a morning jog? I always seem to look like i’ve been dressed by a jumble sale . I’m moving home shortly and want to have a whole new look.

Do any of you who do your own nails at home have any easy tips for horrible cuticles? Mine need pushing back quite a lot, but I'm never very good it at, and definitely never do anywhere near as clean a job as you would get at a salon.

Reactions: 2
I use this with the activator in the grey bottle but I don’t think I’m mixing it properly as my brows don’t look much difference can anyone help?
513032F7-C35F-476B-A092-3A29E2B5AEC8.png

I ❤ this thread!

I am looking for advice on how to get my eye make up right so my eyes pop out, as in every photo it looks like i am squinting.

most of the you tubers i’ve seen have orange faces and slugs for eyebrows. I’m looking for something more natural for 40+ female which gives a great effect without resorting to false eyelashes.

something else please is how do you look fab and polished if you’re going for a morning jog? I always seem to look like i’ve been dressed by a jumble sale . I’m moving home shortly and want to have a whole new look.
I never wear make up for exercise, but my brows are semi permanent so always look good, and I find a bit of tan luxe helps me to look less half dead in the mornings. Bit of lip balm and hair up and Im good to go. For clothes, I like the sweaty betty power leggings (which are the best at holding you in and make me feel nice and toned) and athlete vests - I will normally buy black, navy, grey colours, so that they mix and match well together and look (IMO) polished.

Reactions: 4
Do any of you who do your own nails at home have any easy tips for horrible cuticles? Mine need pushing back quite a lot, but I'm never very good it at, and definitely never do anywhere near as clean a job as you would get at a salon.
Use a cuticle remover - the sally hansen one is good - I also trim my cuticles after pushing them back with cuticle nippers

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.