Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a good fake tan for the face. I look so pale that I just need something to give me a lift.
Not drops that you add to moisturiser.
Tried Dove and it stings.
I’m still hankering after Lancôme Bienfait du matin, so annoyed they discontinued it.

Reactions: 2
Black Friday deal: managed to bag the Philips Lumea 8000 from boots for £226, should have been £450! got £170 black Friday discount, 10% off when you spend £20 and 10% student discount. Will keep it in the box until Friday in case it gets further discounted elsewhere but I think that's unlikely.

ETA + £44 in advantage card points!! What a result.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This really made me laugh. I’ve just had my suresmile consultation, I had braces as a kid but wisdom teeth have ruined them again. Still get flashbacks of that plastic mould which they shove in your mouth use to get your teeth impression done 🤢
Omg that sounds awful 😭 my dentist used a 3D scanner thing called iTero, it felt sooo weird in my mouth though

is suresmile like smile direct?

Reactions: 1
Omg that sounds awful 😭 my dentist used a 3D scanner thing called iTero, it felt sooo weird in my mouth though

is suresmile like smile direct?
It’s more like Invisalign. I have root canals in both front teeth (another wonderful dental experience lol) so was a bit hesitant to go with one of the cheaper options. Can’t wait to have nice teeth again!!

Has anyone had milia extraction done surgically? I have two or three under one of my eyes which I’ve had for years and they’re so deep, no amount of chemical treatment will get rid of them. I’m just scared of getting scars ☹

It’s more like Invisalign. I have root canals in both front teeth (another wonderful dental experience lol) so was a bit hesitant to go with one of the cheaper options. Can’t wait to have nice teeth again!!

Has anyone had milia extraction done surgically? I have two or three under one of my eyes which I’ve had for years and they’re so deep, no amount of chemical treatment will get rid of them. I’m just scared of getting scars ☹
I've had one extracted by my aesthetician, inner eye corner. She pricked it open and was able to remove it like that, a bit uncomfortable, but over quickly. No scarring and my skin scars easily.
MIL had one removed by laser, also eye area, because she was afraid of scarring also healed invisibly.

Reactions: 4
So I bought into the Lovall leggings hype. Put them on yesterday and spent the FULL day pulling them up 😭😭😭
I bought two pairs of maternity leggings and I'm quite disappointed. They fit but they're tight but almost like they aren't stretchy tight. Don't get the hype 😒

• Sad
Re Lovall. I ordered a pair of the everyday maternity and they came and after washing them twice they got little holes in the material. I emailed them, said I wasn’t happy and they said we’ll send you a new pair (after I sent pics) and the second pair they’ve sent have been fine. I find them comfy and the look fine, don’t slip down, and haven’t bobbled. I’ve still got the original pair, the holes are very tiny so I can still wear them for day to day in the house.

Reactions: 5
Can anyone recommend a good fake tan for the face. I look so pale that I just need something to give me a lift.
Not drops that you add to moisturiser.
Tried Dove and it stings.
I’m still hankering after Lancôme Bienfait du matin, so annoyed they discontinued it.
It’s pricey but Clarins self-tanning milky lotion is the best both for body and face. 1-3 consecutive days application gives the most natural tan. 3+ days for deeper tan. I have sensitive skin and don’t react to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Re Lovall. I ordered a pair of the everyday maternity and they came and after washing them twice they got little holes in the material. I emailed them, said I wasn’t happy and they said we’ll send you a new pair (after I sent pics) and the second pair they’ve sent have been fine. I find them comfy and the look fine, don’t slip down, and haven’t bobbled. I’ve still got the original pair, the holes are very tiny so I can still wear them for day to day in the house.
That's good to know, thanks for sharing.

What has everyone purchased for Black Friday?

So far I’ve bought an Armani foundation, Dior lip oil, Charlotte tilbury setting spray, and a summer Fridays lip butter balm 👄

• Heart
Reactions: 3

So far I’ve bought an Armani foundation, Dior lip oil, Charlotte tilbury setting spray, and a summer Fridays lip butter balm 👄

Braun IPL device, which was just delivered 🔥

Reactions: 1
Got my Philips Lumea for £220 instead of £450 and I'm about to top up on Umberto Giannini haircare @ 40% off

Just placed another makeup order on cult beauty 🥲 I told myself the only thing I needed this Black Friday was SOCKS. Did I get socks? No. Did I get £250 worth of makeup? Yes I did.

IMG_6316.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I would be interested in your views on the Hourglass lip products @Scorpihoe . I have several.
Sure! I can do a little review when I get them. I have the tarte maracuja juicy lip balms too which I’ve heard are quite similar. Excited for hourglass though :)

on a side note, I got this email from an online retailer doing a Black Friday sale. This feels like a pushy email! 😂 I’m not interested in their products, I’ve bought from them before and it feels overpriced and something I probably wouldn’t need to buy again.

IMG_6319.jpeg

• Sad
PSA, because I just made that error, didn’t think about it until I was done…

If you use chemical peels and retinol, avoid using them for at least 24h if you also use IPL in that area.

I bought a thermal maternity coat, couple of pairs of maternity leggings and some snow boots in Black Friday sales so far 🤣

Just placed another makeup order on cult beauty 🥲 I told myself the only thing I needed this Black Friday was SOCKS. Did I get socks? No. Did I get £250 worth of makeup? Yes I did.

View attachment 2586401
Yes but… girl math 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve heard great things about the Hourglass Phantom glossy balms ! Please report back. Not sure I can justify ANOTHER lip product but then ….
---
I bought a thermal maternity coat, couple of pairs of maternity leggings and some snow boots in Black Friday sales so far 🤣
I’m with you Jelly. I’ve bought baby Bath, Tommy tippee tit and other baby necessities 😂 can’t wait to get back to beauty and indulgent things

• Heart

Some MAC, Charlotte Tilbury and Nars makeup and some Ouai products.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.