Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving this thread sorry to jump in- just want to say for those ladies who don’t get on with micro blading, maybe worth looking into nanoblading, it, the stroke is finer and the technique gets on better with sensitive/ oily skin. Hope that helps!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Has anyone ordered a dress from a page like Jjhouse?
I’ve a wedding to attend next year and while it’s still a long time away, I struggle to find clothes and would love to get that bit out of the way. Since I’m short and there’s hardly any shop that stocks petite sizes, I’d most likely need to order online anyway. So I’m wondering now what the quality of Jjhouse is like, whether their custom fit really fits….

I'm so sorry that you are struggling at the moment. Do you have any therapy or medication that will help?
With regards to personal hygiene, is there anything you particularly like doing? E.g. if you like the feeling of freshly washed hair, maybe that might be a small, first step to work towards to: washing it and making a goal for yourself to washing again the next day (or whenever you'd normally do). Or if you like painted nails, make an appointment or get the polish out. While it might seem that you need a 360 reset, that can be very difficult when you're not in the best state of mind and can seen overwhelming ❤ So I think i would focus more on small tasks like taking a nice shower as your first step to feeling better and then working your courage up to something like getting a haircut.
Thank you 💗 Putting it all under a spoiler because it's rambling.

I don't have access to therapy or medication at the moment, I want to make an appointment with a psychiatrist but I keep postponing it because, brain.

I actually managed to shower and wash my hair this evening, it's a big win. The panic of my mother dropping in and seeing the state of me was enough anxiety to reset my executive dysfunction, I can't deal with questions right now. I will try to get my nails done next week and see if it helps 🙏

I do like the feeling of being neat and clean but this month is running away with me, most of the time I don't follow what day it is until I check the calendar. Maybe actually writing out a shower and personal care schedule might help, but I'll have to find a way to make it not look so daunting.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I don't have access to therapy or medication at the moment, I want to make an appointment with a psychiatrist but I keep postponing it because, brain.

I actually managed to shower and wash my hair this evening, it's a big win. The panic of my mother dropping in and seeing the state of me was enough anxiety to reset my executive dysfunction, I can't deal with questions right now. I will try to get my nails done next week and see if it helps 🙏

I do like the feeling of being neat and clean but this month is running away with me, most of the time I don't follow what day it is until I check the calendar. Maybe actually writing out a shower and personal care schedule might help, but I'll have to find a way to make it not look so daunting.
Be gentle with yourself. I think, when feeling very low in mood/depressed, trying to maintain a sense of personal hygiene is a good thing. But don’t then start beating yourself up because you’re not at your most immaculate. Being clean, healthy and up and about is enough some days.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

If say showers are an issue- try and even do like a one minute shower? Or if it was teeth brushing, even if you only brush your teeth for 30 seconds, that’s better than nothing and it might spur you on to do more? Just examples, but you get my drift 😊 Also be kind to yourself and treat yourself like a friend xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Sometimes if I’m feeling crappy and I know I haven’t showered in a while, but for whatever reason I don’t want to get in the shower, I ask myself “what’s going to make me feel better in this moment” and the answer is always a shower, and it gives me the push I need to get in there. And I always feel better afterwards, even if it’s a quick one.

Just wanted to share that in case it helps you too. Sending lots of love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have a question for the fellow depressed ladies: how do you sort yourself out when you're feeling like roadkill? I've been getting progressively worse for the past couple months, I'm never high maintenance but now it's crossing the border of neglecting personal hygiene and I feel gross but I can't pull myself out of the funk. Do you have a reset hack that works or is it just what it is until you start feeling better?
I feel you, I’ve been here more than a few times ❤ I always get my nails done at least once a month, even if I don’t feel like it I force myself as it’s a routine, but it helps as I’ve known my nail lady for years. If you have someone you trust who does any hair/beauty stick with them. I love purfume, body sprays, wax melts, diffusers anything that smells nice. I find using them/having them around helps to motivate me a little when I feel like tit it reminds me I don’t want to smell like tit 😂 I often put an overnight hair conditioner/treatment on knowing I’ll have to wash it off the next day. Similar thing with face masks which helps me then to do some skincare routine if I’ve let it slip. But most importantly don’t put pressure on yourself with too many things, start with one if you can and build on that. Remember you’re not alone with these feelings they are common but not talked about enough, so thank you for your post and sending love 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
does anyone know any really good Black Friday sales on now? Beauty/self-care/clothes/skincare/haircare etc! Anything really 🥰

Reactions: 6
does anyone know any really good Black Friday sales on now? Beauty/self-care/clothes/skincare/haircare etc! Anything really 🥰
I've seen a Braun IPL device on Amazon for ~300€, it's normally around 500€ and I'm seriously considering that one. I had a Lumea a few years ago that worked really well on me, but it broke and I never replaced it, but haven been contemplating it for a while now.

Reactions: 2
I've seen a Braun IPL device on Amazon for ~300€, it's normally around 500€ and I'm seriously considering that one. I had a Lumea a few years ago that worked really well on me, but it broke and I never replaced it, but haven been contemplating it for a while now.
I'm holding out for great deals on the lumea 8000 next friday....boots has a pretty decent one on right now but I'm not sure whether I should bite the bullet! I had an old lumea (10 years old ish) and its not corded and needs charging every few mins now so going to get a corded one...anyone know what's the lowest price they've been?

Reactions: 1
I'm holding out for great deals on the lumea 8000 next friday....boots has a pretty decent one on right now but I'm not sure whether I should bite the bullet! I had an old lumea (10 years old ish) and its not corded and needs charging every few mins now so going to get a corded one...anyone know what's the lowest price they've been?
You can always get the Boots one now and return it if a better deal comes up next week ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m also interested in some kind of at home IPL device but no idea where to start - hopefully there will be some good Black Friday deals!

Does anyone use an at home IPL device with blonde/reddish hair? I’d be super keen to know if anything has worked well for you x

Reactions: 3
Does anyone use an at home IPL device with blonde/reddish hair? I’d be super keen to know if anything has worked well for you x
Broadly from what I know about IPL and from my beautician, if a laser place or IPL claims to work on blonde/red hair, it's lying to you, because it doesn't work on that, unfortunately (something about the pigment colour).

Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend a warm, thick half zip sweatshirt (like proper sweatshirt material not a teddy fleece if that makes sense)? I’ve had a look online but it’s so hard to tell what the fabric is like.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend a warm, thick half zip sweatshirt (like proper sweatshirt material not a teddy fleece if that makes sense)? I’ve had a look online but it’s so hard to tell what the fabric is like.
Check in the men’s sections, like m&s. I feel like for this sort of things men’s are always a nicer fit (for my shape anyway!) and better quality fabric

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.