Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a warm, thick half zip sweatshirt (like proper sweatshirt material not a teddy fleece if that makes sense)? I’ve had a look online but it’s so hard to tell what the fabric is like.
No idea what their stock is like this year but I've seen those in Sainsburys in previous years. Maybe Joules too.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone ordered a dress from a page like Jjhouse?
Ordered my bridesmaid's dress from here...it fit perfectly and she was an awkward size. Get someone to help you with doing the measurements. They give you the estimated delivery date so you can judge if youll have it on time 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend a warm, thick half zip sweatshirt (like proper sweatshirt material not a teddy fleece if that makes sense)? I’ve had a look online but it’s so hard to tell what the fabric is like.
M&S and H&M men both have them, Uniqlo (but it was a bit thin for me) and Everlane. This is my fave shape of jumper 😂 I’ll take a knit version too if I have to

Try Sweaty Betty or lulu lemon?
Thanks for all your replies!! I love lulu and SB but their half zips are for some reason both styled so weirdly on the websites 😂
---
M&S and H&M men both have them, Uniqlo (but it was a bit thin for me) and Everlane. This is my fave shape of jumper 😂 I’ll take a knit version too if I have to
Ooh I like the Everlane one! The Uniqlo one also looks thin.
Has anyone tried Colorful Standard’s sweaters? It keeps popping up on targeted ads…

Thanks for all your replies!! I love lulu and SB but their half zips are for some reason both styled so weirdly on the websites 😂
---

Ooh I like the Everlane one! The Uniqlo one also looks thin.
Has anyone tried Colorful Standard’s sweaters? It keeps popping up on targeted ads…
Superdry have also popped up for me (reduced!). Yes the everlane one is decent!

I am so close to pulling the trigger on a colourful standards purchase! They are everywhere!

Anyone recommend any super soft skinny jeans ? I’ve got jeans off asos , topshop and Levi’s from vinted but none of them seem to be quite what I wanted .

Anyone recommend any super soft skinny jeans ? I’ve got jeans off asos , topshop and Levi’s from vinted but none of them seem to be quite what I wanted .
I've a few pairs from Tesco that I really like. Soft smooth material. I think the ones I get are called the ultimate skinny or something like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am scruffy but in my head I am glamorous. I liked Gemma Arterton before domesticity claimed her. Hannah Waddingham wears some great clothes, she is a woman of a certain age who just seems to have her tit together, and she wears clothes that suit her build and time of life. She is, in old Hollywood terms, a heck of a broad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not sure on a specific person but glam look inspired I like is usually a very Saint Laurent, black, tailored sort of look. Some of Kate Moss’s evening looks over the years i tend to look to for inspo

Reactions: 5
Who's everyone's style icons for the glam look?
Not even remotely attainable on my part as we have very different figures/builds/faces etc but Audrey Hepburn. I've always loved her early looks (50s) and her easy charm. I can't think of a strong favourite in our era, I like Cate Blanchett's style and flair but again, entirely different to me and unattainable 😂 Now I'm curious about the styles of you all haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I bought into the Lovall leggings hype. Put them on yesterday and spent the FULL day pulling them up 😭😭😭

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.