Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having ones tit together

I have a (serious) question for you lot, and this is no shade being thrown thrown - genuine admiration.

Those mums who;

1) have a Pinterest worthy filled fridge with all the right, healthy but yummy snacks for their toddler

2) always look perfectly put together

3) baby isn’t in a pj onesie always - like always has an outfit on

4) toddlers clothing isn’t stained

What is your secret please?

What do you always have in the fridge? How do you never run out of ketchup?

How do you manage to have a perfect banana bread ready to go?

How do you style yourself?

How do you always have a waxed hoo ha and blow dried hair?

And sadly, the answer I am not looking for is get a nanny, PA or housekeeper.

Answers on a postcard x
---
Welcome to thread number 9!

Wiki (which hasn't been updated in a little while): https://tattle.life/wiki/glamorous/

There's also a similar thread for your home: https://tattle.life/threads/your-tips-on-how-to-keep-your-home-glamorous-3.41507/

and one on beauty treatments/devices: https://tattle.life/tags/beyond-skincare/

At the end of the last thread @Silverback asked if there are any products you've used recently that you love?
@Silverback I love Westman Atelier blush stick and contour stick. So creamy and easy to swipe on in a hurry! Can use the blush on lips and eyes too. Expensive but worth it and last ages.

using skin + me too but only in my first month, I do like the process and also the pre measured ‘dose’ though.

I find colorwow is great to tame and gloss hair x

Reactions: 6
I’ve started a Pinterest board on all the great hints and tips that I’ve learned from here. Otherwise when it comes to shopping I never remember the products. Love this thread

Reactions: 14
I’ve started a Pinterest board on all the great hints and tips that I’ve learned from here. Otherwise when it comes to shopping I never remember the products. Love this thread
That’s so cool! Are you able to share it or is it a secret? Xx

Reactions: 1
Having ones tit together

I have a (serious) question for you lot, and this is no shade being thrown thrown - genuine admiration.

Those mums who;

1) have a Pinterest worthy filled fridge with all the right, healthy but yummy snacks for their toddler

Answers on a postcard x
---

@Silverback I love Westman Atelier blush stick and contour stick. So creamy and easy to swipe on in a hurry! Can use the blush on lips and eyes too. Expensive but worth it and last ages.

using skin + me too but only in my first month, I do like the process and also the pre measured ‘dose’ though.

I use online delivery from Tesco's. Just fill my basket with regulars and then select a delivery day and time! Makes life so much easier

Reactions: 7
@Portoprincess I'm not a Mum but I know a few and I think the answer is they don't have all their tit together all of the time. Or they might seem like they have their tit together and it's because of the unwanted answer of a grandparent/nanny/housekeeper/regular cleaner etc. Plus the ones who seem to have their tit together on social media - it's their job and a lot of effort goes into making it seem effortless.

When I am wanting to add a new habit or routine into my life I approach it with a little-by-little approach. I add one habit at a time & it feels more manageable that way. If I try to change up too much at once I end up overwhelmed :LOL:

I also co-sign online groceries! Makes things so much easier.

Reactions: 9
@Portoprincess I'm not a Mum but I know a few and I think the answer is they don't have all their tit together all of the time. Or they might seem like they have their tit together and it's because of the unwanted answer of a grandparent/nanny/housekeeper/regular cleaner etc. Plus the ones who seem to have their tit together on social media - it's their job and a lot of effort goes into making it seem effortless.

When I am wanting to add a new habit or routine into my life I approach it with a little-by-little approach. I add one habit at a time & it feels more manageable that way. If I try to change up too much at once I end up overwhelmed :LOL:

I also co-sign online groceries! Makes things so much easier.

@mindlessness sorry if I’m being thick but what is co-signing online groceries? Feel like I’m missing a trick!

Reactions: 4
Scrolled the wiki but nothing on this there…has anyone done one of those home lash lifts )e.g. sassy saints)? They look great but I just know all the reviews are fake right?

Alternatively, would love a recommendation for those lashes that you stick to the inside of your natural lashes that I get advertised daily!

Reactions: 2
Scrolled the wiki but nothing on this there…has anyone done one of those home lash lifts )e.g. sassy saints)? They look great but I just know all the reviews are fake right?

Alternatively, would love a recommendation for those lashes that you stick to the inside of your natural lashes that I get advertised daily!
I've not done the lash lift but used sassy saints eyebrow lamination kit which was good but but then got one off Amazon that was cheaper and equally good.

For the lashes, do you mean like the temporary cluster extensions? If so, tatti lashes are good, I've not tried any other ones

I've not done the lash lift but used sassy saints eyebrow lamination kit which was good but but then got one off Amazon that was cheaper and equally good.

For the lashes, do you mean like the temporary cluster extensions? If so, tatti lashes are good, I've not tried any other ones
Thanks! I’m wary of Amazon cos I know there’s so much fake beauty stuff on there.

Yeah I do mean cluster lashes like the tatti ones. I think a lift and tint would be first choice cos I rub my eyes all the time without thinking!

Thanks! I’m wary of Amazon cos I know there’s so much fake beauty stuff on there.

Yeah I do mean cluster lashes like the tatti ones. I think a lift and tint would be first choice cos I rub my eyes all the time without thinking!
Fair, I'd say sassy saints might be worth a try but from what I've heard doing lash lift on yourself is very fiddly so just depends how confident you are with stuff like that 😅

• Haha
I use the bookmark feature (that squarish looking thing on the top right of your message on the left of the #3)
Then when I want to look at a bookmark I click on my picture in the blue Tattle bar at the top of the page and click on where it says bookmarks.
Screenshot_20231115-220448.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I started the wiki to keep track of common suggestions for everyone to refer back to… it was going really well until work got in the way and I was too busy to stay on top of it 😅 much appreciation to those who do the wikis for the super busy threads! So if anyone wants to help me keeping it up to date then please feel free, otherwise happy to keep going with it myself.

Also gals and guys…. Just cut open my moisturiser tube after it ‘finished’ to find it still 1/4 full, first time I’ve done this and was legit shocked - so PSA to cut open things before you chuck them!

Reactions: 20
I started the wiki to keep track of common suggestions for everyone to refer back to… it was going really well until work got in the way and I was too busy to stay on top of it 😅 much appreciation to those who do the wikis for the super busy threads! So if anyone wants to help me keeping it up to date then please feel free, otherwise happy to keep going with it myself.

Also gals and guys…. Just cut open my moisturiser tube after it ‘finished’ to find it still 1/4 full, first time I’ve done this and was legit shocked - so PSA to cut open things before you chuck them!
I do this with conditioner and lob it into an old hair mask tub. Very handy for portion control and usually enough left in bottle for 8-10 washes.
Shampoo tends not to stick to the bottle as much but still generally get 4 washes out of the "empty" bottle.
I have a small rubber spatula especially for this job 😅

Reactions: 6
@mindlessness sorry if I’m being thick but what is co-signing online groceries? Feel like I’m missing a trick!
Oh sorry! It was probably my word choice 😅 I just mean I ‘co-signed’ or agreed with the recommendation to order online and get groceries delivered. Makes it easier to keep your fridge stocked etc.

Having ones tit together

Those mums who;

Answers on a postcard x
---

Well I normally....

Check the fridge/cupboard before I do a weekly shop to see what I need to buy. The only things I top up on between shops are bread and milk.

Banana bread is easy to make I use a Mary Berry recipe which is like 3 ingredients.

Plan my outfit the night before.

Reactions: 3
@Portoprincess - I have a stick on pad and pen on the fridge to write down anything that’s running low/ out food-wise. My lot at home know that unless it’s on the list it won’t get bought. I do a weekly online shop with Tesco which is handy as they add any items previously bought into a favorites folder that you can use for future shops. I shop from a list and don’t browse which avoids impulse purchases.

Kinda random question but how do people that tint their brows go on when they tan their face? I'm using the Bondi Sands self tanning drops in my night cream and I do kinda wipe my brows after using it so they don't stain, but they always seem to go orange and then it makes my brow tint orange too

I have a question for the fellow depressed ladies: how do you sort yourself out when you're feeling like roadkill? I've been getting progressively worse for the past couple months, I'm never high maintenance but now it's crossing the border of neglecting personal hygiene and I feel gross but I can't pull myself out of the funk. Do you have a reset hack that works or is it just what it is until you start feeling better?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have a question for the fellow depressed ladies: how do you sort yourself out when you're feeling like roadkill? I've been getting progressively worse for the past couple months, I'm never high maintenance but now it's crossing the border of neglecting personal hygiene and I feel gross but I can't pull myself out of the funk. Do you have a reset hack that works or is it just what it is until you start feeling better?

I'm so sorry that you are struggling at the moment. Do you have any therapy or medication that will help?
With regards to personal hygiene, is there anything you particularly like doing? E.g. if you like the feeling of freshly washed hair, maybe that might be a small, first step to work towards to: washing it and making a goal for yourself to washing again the next day (or whenever you'd normally do). Or if you like painted nails, make an appointment or get the polish out. While it might seem that you need a 360 reset, that can be very difficult when you're not in the best state of mind and can seen overwhelming ❤ So I think i would focus more on small tasks like taking a nice shower as your first step to feeling better and then working your courage up to something like getting a haircut.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.