Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got a body brush from B&M today after reading they were great. Not really sure what I'm expecting it to do but it was only £2.50 😁
this cold weather is destroying my face! My eyelid skin is like lizard skin and all sore and scaly. Any tips??
addicted to this thread btw!
seconding the LRP cicaplast baume for emergency moisturising!

Reactions: 4
Just throwing my advice in, dry body brush & moisturise your body as much as possible. I’ve menopausal & my skin is so dry & lax 😭

Reactions: 3
Just throwing my advice in as well. Remember to lip scrub and moisturise your lips! I’ve yet to find a nice non sticky lip balm so I’ve been using Vaseline but read that’s not very good for it. I love the lush lip scrubs.

Reactions: 4
Thanks to whoever recommended body brushing last thread I’ve done it a few times and can feel a difference already

the LRP cicaplast is amazing I use it on my newborn it clears up milk spots in no time

this cold weather is destroying my face! My eyelid skin is like lizard skin and all sore and scaly. Any tips??

addicted to this thread btw!
it sounds mad but nipple cream. I used to use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream then when I had kids i thought nipple cream was a similar consistency so I googled it and lanolin is the main ingredient of 8 hour cream

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just throwing my advice in as well. Remember to lip scrub and moisturise your lips! I’ve yet to find a nice non sticky lip balm so I’ve been using Vaseline but read that’s not very good for it. I love the lush lip scrubs.
The Charlotte tilbury lip balm thingy is lovely, I use it every night before bed. Also Clarins lip oils are great too xx

Reactions: 1
Any ways to get rid of static? My Christmas party outfit for today is sticking to my tights like no one’s business 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Thanks to whoever recommended body brushing last thread I’ve done it a few times and can feel a difference already

the LRP cicaplast is amazing I use it on my newborn it clears up milk spots in no time

it sounds mad but nipple cream. I used to use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream then when I had kids i thought nipple cream was a similar consistency so I googled it and lanolin is the main ingredient of 8 hour cream
Thanks for the recommendations yall! If it doesnt get better soon I’ll be hitting amazon! Maybe I have some Nicole cream left over from the hazy BF days haha, I’ll have a rummage, great shout!

I tried the Aldi olaplex trio, hair feels nice! Sceptical about how effective it will be long term and which ingredients are bond building.

anyone using anyamazing lip balms? I’d like one that’s glossy and lasts if that makes sense :)

Just throwing my advice in, dry body brush & moisturise your body as much as possible. I’ve menopausal & my skin is so dry & lax 😭
I love how soft my skin is after a dry brush but my skin also itches like nothing else for a day or two. I had to stop because it was so uncomfortable 😭 Anyone else experienced something like this? It might be circulation related but I wanted to scratch myself with steel wool, it's that irritating.

Might be the Birks, mine stink. They’re cork so they pick up smells.
when I used to wear Birks a lot I used to wipe the soles with surgical spirit- it’s a great odour neutraliser. You can also use the surgical spirit on your feet - it prevents sweating.

Please can I have excellent conditioner recommendations?

Not a mask ideally

I like L'Oréal rapid revive but ready for a change, I have dry, bleached hair

Also prefer to purchase from amazon

when I used to wear Birks a lot I used to wipe the soles with surgical spirit- it’s a great odour neutraliser. You can also use the surgical spirit on your feet - it prevents sweating.
It’s indeed the Birks, sniffed them today…. And wiped them down with 76% alcohol, plus also used some cleaner on my Allbirds, just in case. Might put some baking soda in the slippers overnight as well.

Not a mask ideally

I got an Aussie spray on leave on one which is really good as my hair is fine and gets tangled so easy before I blow dry it

Not a mask ideally

Beauty works 10 in 1 leave in conditioner is amazing for dry/damaged hair

Not a mask ideally

I use paradox and I love it!

I think vaseline might be fine? Lots of derms I see seem to reccommend it as a good occlusive layer for the face too. I hope its fine cause it's a reliable lip product!

Reactions: 5
Ladies! What am I doing wrong? I purchased CeraVe SA shower gel. Haven't noticed any change? Shower once a day, lather it on skin then wash off. Am I missing something?
I think actives need to sit on the skin a bit to be honest. At least 30 mins. I think you’re better getting a moisturiser with it in, or add it yourself by buying the active and mixing it before applying.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.