Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read every single page of both these threads and spent £200 on asos and Amazon this morning because of it!

my contribution is;
Tape beauty bay extensions, last about a year and get maintenance every 8 weeks, it actually makes it take less time to do my hair daily as it disguises my hard to manage natural hair. I’ve tried pretty much every method and tapes are easily my favourite.
Ombré brow tattooed topped up every 2 years- so worth it and they last ages! I got mine done originally with Clarissa Stephania and love them.
Fillers once a year- 1ml lips, 1.8ml cheeks, 1ml chin and about 0.2ml tip lift in my nose- makes a nice subtle difference to my face and saves me contouring on the rare occasions I do full make up
Botox- only had it done once but planning on doing it every 4/6 months- 2 area brow lift- more a preventative measure!
Lash extensions every 2 weeks- makes me feel so much more put together- also I have a ridiculous looking eye mask for sleeping which has room for the lashes which helps them last longer
Pedicure every 3 months- always white varnish
Acrylic nails every 3 weeks- always get natural pink colour stiletto ones
Crest white strips are amazing for whitening teeth!
Laser hair removal on my underarms and Brazilian- had about 5 treatments so far, made such a difference! I struggled with ingrown hairs on my bikini line before and my body doesn’t like waxes.
For skincare, Paula’s choice liquid exfoliator is really good. Also Revolution do their own version of the Mario Badescu drying lotion which is great for spots. I use the Kiel's oil free moisturiser which I also think is great. Lush lip scrub is also fab, I use it every day before I use my lip oil. On holiday or when my skin is extra dry, I use the Skin Food moisturiser in the green bottle- only ever overnight though, it makes me look very greasy but is great for extra moisture then wiped off when I wake up.
For hair, the TIGI oatmeal and honey shampoo and conditioner is great for mid-range. Smells amazing too.
Daily for work I just use a tinted moisturiser, brow gel and coconut lip oil (the shein one is actually really great).
Cloud 9 extra wide straighteners are so worth the cost imo, I straighten then curl my hair after I wash it once a week. The ColourWow style on steroids spray really helps them hold until the next wash day.
For makeup, honestly the Revolution foundation is the best out of any I’ve tried, even high end ones. I also really rate the RCMA no colour powder, and urban decay primer. Charlotte tilbury setting spray also works well for me.

Also I think I’m the only person ever that doesn’t rate the Brazilian Bum Bum cream or their body spray- smells lovely but just doesn’t last at all.

Lastly I go on holiday quite often and tan well but I do use sunbeds in between, the Australian gold tan accelerator is great. I know, they’re awful for you, I try to keep it to a minimum.

I second what others have said about having an organised/clean house, car and handbag- makes me feel a lot less chaotic.

I sound mega high maintenance but honestly I feel so much more organised and put together in myself when I do all these things!

Now, I have questions… does anyone have any hidden gems for body acne, specifically shoulders? I have one patch that just won’t budge! Also I have a couple of marks on my chest from dermal piercings I’ve had before, any good tips on how to make them heal faster other than bio oil? Also, I use face wipes every day before bed, is there a better alternative? And finally, the best heat protection spray for hair? Thanks to anyone who can help!!
I find this great for any kind of spots:

Reactions: 3
I feel like I would look a hot mess next to you. I would love to have a regime like this but I can’t afford the maintenance.
It does make me feel a bit queasy how much I’d spend per year if I added it up, but I do appreciate that I’m lucky to be able to do it as I have no kids!

Oooh what did you buy? Please let us know which products you recommend
Sooo I bought;
The Ordinary Matrixyl, AHA Peeling Solution, Argirline Solution and Balance Set
Revlon One Step Hairdryer
Tan Luxe Face Tan Drops
Revolution Blemish Lotion
Missguided Babe Power perfume
TIGI Hair Mask
more Crest White Strips
Mario Badescu AHA Body Soap
Beautyworks miracle spray

will post in here which ones I rate the most, I have high hopes! I was feeling sorry for myself after a hefty night shift and went a bit mad…

I never use face wipes, I don’t think they remove much, just smear it all around the face! If I’m wearing full make up I like Body Shop’s camomile make up remover, it just melts make up away so quickly, then a hot cloth cleanser to actually cleanse. Liz Earle is good but expensive, Aldi do a Vitamin C hot cloth cleanser which is cheap and almost as good imo. If I’m not wearing make up, I just use the hot cloth cleanser to clean my face.
This is going to seem like a mega stupid question, but what do you apply the make up remover with? n do do you need to clean the hot cloth after each use? Sorry total newbie to anything but face wipes here!

I get back acne quite easily and I would highly recommend tea tree oil body wash or scrub to keep new spots from appearing. I go between the australian bodycare tea tree wash or the body shop tea tree one (a bit cheaper). They're great if you have oily or acne prone skin, I use a body scrub or exfoliating mitts to get all the dead skin off also. I rarely get outbreaks anymore, my only problem is I'm now left with old back acne scars they seem to take ages to fade :( I also avoid the typical shower gels/body wash that are heavily fragranced as I think this aggravates my skin.

Also I'm addicted to lash extensions currently giving my lashes a break until my friend's wedding in a few weeks and I feel so weird without them :(
Thank you, I will give it a go! I know what you mean about the lashes, I feel so odd if I leave it too long between infills, like my face feels totally different

Last edited:
I never use face wipes, I don’t think they remove much, just smear it all around the face! If I’m wearing full make up I like Body Shop’s camomile make up remover, it just melts make up away so quickly, then a hot cloth cleanser to actually cleanse. Liz Earle is good but expensive, Aldi do a Vitamin C hot cloth cleanser which is cheap and almost as good imo. If I’m not wearing make up, I just use the hot cloth cleanser to clean my face.
No 7 melting gel or cleansing balm are also great and alternatives to The Body Shop camomile cleansing butter and Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser. They’re always on offer too and those money off No 7 vouchers you get at the till come in handy for a few extra £££ off when they’re not on offer!

The balm comes with a cloth but I personally have reusable cotton rounds which I bought from Amazon but you can easily find them in places like TK Maxx, Primark etc. I have a whole bunch of them so only use once then put them in the wash (they came in a little laundry bag). I use Boots Vitamin C cleanser afterwards just to make sure I got everything but it’s not always necessary as the gel and balm work great on their own. If I’m lazy and only have mascara on then I’ll remove it with Bioderma micellar water using a reusable cotton round then cleanse with the Boots Vit C cleanser.

I normally use a swipe of Garnier in the morning and Decleor Cleanser and Toner in the evening. However the Decleor stuff is overpriced - it’s lovely and smells divine, but as soon as it goes on offer it sells out and I won’t pay the full price. So recently for the evening cleanse I bought Soap and Glory Peaches & Cream - it’s a rinse off. I use the Micellar for first wash, and this for second. I have sensitive skin, it doesn’t irritate, has a slight perfume not that in your face Soap and Glory smell, and is bloody cheap. Mine was under a fiver, and it is on offer again. You get a decent amount too. It is such a lovely smooth texture, it is like putting cream on your face! As the name suggests.

This is the lovely Decleor. These are £66 (never paid that much, probably 45 quid - and they are 400ml, 50ml more than the S & G) - I am saving so much money.

Reactions: 1
@goosecat
Balm/oil/cream cleanser, take a small amount in the palm of your hand, rub hands together and massage onto a dry face. It’ll literally melt the makeup away lol then wipe clean with a damp cloth :)

I’ve just bought the Dove gradual tan for your face and I can’t work out which stage in my skincare routine I should apply it at. It says clean dry skin, so should I put moisturiser over the top? Or underneath? I’m worried it’ll react weirdly. It’s quite drying so my face needs something. Wait a while then moisturise?

I’ve just bought the Dove gradual tan for your face and I can’t work out which stage in my skincare routine I should apply it at. It says clean dry skin, so should I put moisturiser over the top? Or underneath? I’m worried it’ll react weirdly. It’s quite drying so my face needs something. Wait a while then moisturise?
Dove gradual tan is amazing i do normal skin care routine then before i settle down for evening put it on and let it cook while watch tv etc. How it wears off is best on market IMO

Reactions: 2
This is going to seem like a mega stupid question, but what do you apply the make up remover with? n do do you need to clean the hot cloth after each use? Sorry total newbie to anything but face wipes here!

Thank you, I will give it a go! I know what you mean about the lashes, I feel so odd if I leave it too long between infills, like my face feels totally different
I just apply the make up remover with my fingers then wipe off with a cotton wool pad and rinse with warm water. The cloths I use a clean one each time. You can buy packs of six (I think) from Primark for a couple of quid'ish and I just put them in the washing machine like any other laundry. Any soft face cloth will do, doesn't have to be a special one but the ones that come with the cleanser seem to have a gentle exfoliating effect.

Reactions: 2
I read every single page of both these threads and spent £200 on asos and Amazon this morning because of it!

my contribution is;
Tape beauty bay extensions, last about a year and get maintenance every 8 weeks, it actually makes it take less time to do my hair daily as it disguises my hard to manage natural hair. I’ve tried pretty much every method and tapes are easily my favourite.
Ombré brow tattooed topped up every 2 years- so worth it and they last ages! I got mine done originally with Clarissa Stephania and love them.
Fillers once a year- 1ml lips, 1.8ml cheeks, 1ml chin and about 0.2ml tip lift in my nose- makes a nice subtle difference to my face and saves me contouring on the rare occasions I do full make up
Botox- only had it done once but planning on doing it every 4/6 months- 2 area brow lift- more a preventative measure!
Lash extensions every 2 weeks- makes me feel so much more put together- also I have a ridiculous looking eye mask for sleeping which has room for the lashes which helps them last longer
Pedicure every 3 months- always white varnish
Acrylic nails every 3 weeks- always get natural pink colour stiletto ones
Crest white strips are amazing for whitening teeth!
Laser hair removal on my underarms and Brazilian- had about 5 treatments so far, made such a difference! I struggled with ingrown hairs on my bikini line before and my body doesn’t like waxes.
For skincare, Paula’s choice liquid exfoliator is really good. Also Revolution do their own version of the Mario Badescu drying lotion which is great for spots. I use the Kiel's oil free moisturiser which I also think is great. Lush lip scrub is also fab, I use it every day before I use my lip oil. On holiday or when my skin is extra dry, I use the Skin Food moisturiser in the green bottle- only ever overnight though, it makes me look very greasy but is great for extra moisture then wiped off when I wake up.
For hair, the TIGI oatmeal and honey shampoo and conditioner is great for mid-range. Smells amazing too.
Daily for work I just use a tinted moisturiser, brow gel and coconut lip oil (the shein one is actually really great).
Cloud 9 extra wide straighteners are so worth the cost imo, I straighten then curl my hair after I wash it once a week. The ColourWow style on steroids spray really helps them hold until the next wash day.
For makeup, honestly the Revolution foundation is the best out of any I’ve tried, even high end ones. I also really rate the RCMA no colour powder, and urban decay primer. Charlotte tilbury setting spray also works well for me.

Also I think I’m the only person ever that doesn’t rate the Brazilian Bum Bum cream or their body spray- smells lovely but just doesn’t last at all.

Lastly I go on holiday quite often and tan well but I do use sunbeds in between, the Australian gold tan accelerator is great. I know, they’re awful for you, I try to keep it to a minimum.

I second what others have said about having an organised/clean house, car and handbag- makes me feel a lot less chaotic.

I sound mega high maintenance but honestly I feel so much more organised and put together in myself when I do all these things!

Now, I have questions… does anyone have any hidden gems for body acne, specifically shoulders? I have one patch that just won’t budge! Also I have a couple of marks on my chest from dermal piercings I’ve had before, any good tips on how to make them heal faster other than bio oil? Also, I use face wipes every day before bed, is there a better alternative? And finally, the best heat protection spray for hair? Thanks to anyone who can help!!
What eye mask do you use for sleeping?

Any tips for frown lines? I notice I frown a lot even when having sex 😅🤦‍♀️ Is Botox my only option.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Any tips for frown lines? I notice I frown a lot even when having sex 😅🤦‍♀️ Is Botox my only option.
My grandma used to say the reason Cliff Richard looks so young is because he never had sex?! So maybe that is your answer 😂😂😂🫣. Sorry I couldn’t resist 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You can get filler there but apparently it’s very dangerous and no reputable person should do it for you. I have an awful frown line and was sceptical Botox alone would work on it, but it really did!

New in my routine:
After washing and styling my hair, I apply dry shampoo to add volume. This trick also makes your hair extra fresh and can make it last 5-6 days (in my case because I don't have greasy hair). My fave dry shampoo is from Amika and the second fave is from beauty by earth.

If you are on a rush and your nails are starting to peel off, apply softly a cotton ball and soaked with the remover to make the layer more thin and apply the nail polish. I did this today because I don't have proper time to start from fresh. My nails are looking refreshed and good! :D Life is too short to do not wear nail polish or to have waky nails.

Reactions: 4
This is going to sound a bit mad, but I had a lot of those tiny tiny spots that give you a lot of texture on your face - I think caused by sweating during all the heat - and when I looked up what to do I saw people saying use Head and Shoulders!

I’ve tried it for about ten days, washing with H&S every other day… it’s worked!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
This is going to sound a bit mad, but I had a lot of those tiny tiny spots that give you a lot of texture on your face - I think caused by sweating during all the heat - and when I looked up what to do I saw people saying use Head and Shoulders!

I’ve tried it for about ten days, washing with H&S every other day… it’s worked!
washing hair or face tho?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.