Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beauty works 10 in 1 miracle spray is so good! Got it on asos 20% off.. leaves hair sooo silky and soft 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried the Boots Ingredients range?
Yes, I LOVE it. I’ve actually replaced a lot of my previous more expensive products with stuff from this range. Boots skincare is seriously underrated.

I currently have: niacinamide serum, collagen serum, retinol night moisturiser, retinol serum, retinol eye cream, caffeine eye cream, lactic acid serum.

From their other ranges I have: vitamin C face wash, vitamin C moisturiser, vitamin C body gel cream, glow eye cream, collagen night moisturiser, glycolic acid body moisturiser

I think that’s everything! I might have missed a product or two as I’ve done this from memory but either way it’s easy to see that I’m a fan lol. My skin has never looked better since using their products and I can easily introduce something new without it breaking me out or causing a reaction. Highly recommend!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why can't I look super poised by the pool? I see so many people with their hair in a "messy updo" looking all serene, whereas I just look hot and bothered. My attempts at a upknot make me look more like a sumo wrestler. What's the secret?
I always feel swollen on holiday. My legs swell and I get prickly heat. Honestly I now just stick to all black swimwear, floaty kaftans and wide brim sun hats. Best I can do lol x

Reactions: 5
Yes, I LOVE it. I’ve actually replaced a lot of my previous more expensive products with stuff from this range. Boots skincare is seriously underrated.

I currently have: niacinamide serum, collagen serum, retinol night moisturiser, retinol serum, retinol eye cream, caffeine eye cream, lactic acid serum.

From their other ranges I have: vitamin C face wash, vitamin C moisturiser, vitamin C body gel cream, glow eye cream, collagen night moisturiser, glycolic acid body moisturiser

I think that’s everything! I might have missed a product or two as I’ve done this from memory but either way it’s easy to see that I’m a fan lol. My skin has never looked better since using their products and I can easily introduce something new without it breaking me out or causing a reaction. Highly recommend!
That’s amazing! I’m going to do some research and pop in there later. Thanks 🙏

Reactions: 1
I'm thinking about buying an IPL hair removal laser hair remover. That is the name on the devise, but I am aware that IPL & Laser are 2 different things so I think they put both names on it to get more search results. I feel like it's an IPL from reading description. I search on Amazon and the 1 I like is just under €50 with free shipping. There are lots that are more expensive & some cheaper options too.

From my research, it says it will greatly reduce the growth and make the hair fall out & not grow. Treatment is planned out for 8 weeks straight & then just do a top up every now & then. I have super pale skin & basically black hair so I feel it should work well on me.

Has anyone tried it at home & how did you get on?

I'm thinking about buying an IPL hair removal laser hair remover. That is the name on the devise, but I am aware that IPL & Laser are 2 different things so I think they put both names on it to get more search results. I feel like it's an IPL from reading description. I search on Amazon and the 1 I like is just under €50 with free shipping. There are lots that are more expensive & some cheaper options too.

From my research, it says it will greatly reduce the growth and make the hair fall out & not grow. Treatment is planned out for 8 weeks straight & then just do a top up every now & then. I have super pale skin & basically black hair so I feel it should work well on me.

Has anyone tried it at home & how did you get on?
I have the Philips Lumea and love it. I bought it in summer 2019, did however many recommended initial sessions and then barely needed to use it after that. I don’t think I’ve touched it in 18 months. I’m not sure it’s marketed as permanent hair removal but I’ve seen hardly any regrowth.

I am also very pale with dark hair which definitely helped.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any hair tips at all? I'm good for the first week after getting it professionally done but after that I can never tame it.
It's so thick, wavy and feels so heavy so I'm constantly wearing it up in a messy bun.
I've tried the curly girl method as my hair curls when it's wet, but the next morning it's a bushy riot. Takes me a good 20 mins to straighten it but slightest bit of humidity it feels out of control and I tie it up.
I've had layers cut in, some weight cut off and the back thinned out.

Ideally I'm really wanting to grow it (so I can do more hairstyles etc) but want it to look day to day life and look like I've actually made some sort of effort!

Bourjois, which was withdrawn from UK sale a few years back, is now being sold in Superdrug. Some people used to rave about some of the foundations and the little pots of blusher - they will happy to see it’s return. It used to be owned by same company as Chanel but I don’t think it is anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi everyone, sorry to derail, I'm thinking of going for a mani/pedi and maybe getting gels done, though I'm a newbie, so would appreciate any advice! My local salon offers 'Evo Gel' and 'The Gel Bottle', does anyone know which is the best option? They also offer 'BioGel' for manicures but not pedicures.

Bourjois, which was withdrawn from UK sale a few years back, is now being sold in Superdrug. Some people used to rave about some of the foundations and the little pots of blusher - they will happy to see it’s return. It used to be owned by same company as Chanel but I don’t think it is anymore.
I love Bourjois especially their 10 hour sleep effect foundation. It was in the Martin Lewis book that it was the same factory and they had the same smell as I use both Chanel & Bourjois. I also saw a Chanel consultant in Boots go over to the Bourjois stand to grab one of the brushes.

I will check out the stuff they have in Superdrug so thanks for sharing 💄

Reactions: 3
I’m delighted, the Healthy Mix foundation is fab

Reactions: 8
Hi everyone, sorry to derail, I'm thinking of going for a mani/pedi and maybe getting gels done, though I'm a newbie, so would appreciate any advice! My local salon offers 'Evo Gel' and 'The Gel Bottle', does anyone know which is the best option? They also offer 'BioGel' for manicures but not pedicures.
The gel bottle is fab!!!

• Heart
I’m delighted, the Healthy Mix foundation is fab
Apparently it was brought back due to public demand, and this product was top of the list.

In a similar vein, Boots have brought back No 17. I got a very cheap tinted moisturiser thing - under a fiver. It stinks but the smell goes quickly. It’s okay - I use it on “off duty” days.

Reactions: 1
I’ve had both and it really makes no difference if you’re just getting a gel colour. TGB has a much bigger colour range than Bio Sculpture (the brand that does Evo Gel/Bio Gel) but I’ve had some gorgeous Bio Gel colours, Love Potion was my go to. I think Bio Gel is often more expensive than TGB so if it’s a price difference I’d go for TGB.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've got very sensitive skin, dry, I was thinking of trying either Avene or La Roche Posey for a cleanser. Is either one better than the other?

I've got very sensitive skin, dry, I was thinking of trying either Avene or La Roche Posey for a cleanser. Is either one better than the other?
I swear by Avene. I use everything Avene for my face. I try other brands but always revert back to Avene. It has saved my skin especially when eczema breaks out on my face, even better than prescription creams from doctors. It's the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.