Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Primark have some smart but loose fitting and elasticated waist trousers in. I got a beige and black pair. AND THEY HAVE POCKETS.

I also splurged on a pair of pink doc marten sandals today, I might actually look like an adult if I'm not careful.
Kinda unrelated but can you let me know how you get on with your sandals please? I splashed out on a pair too but they are ripping my feet to shreds! I'm so sad and not sure how to stop it or loosen the straps up a bit so they don't rub as much :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Kinda unrelated but can you let me know how you get on with your sandals please? I splashed out on a pair too but they are ripping my feet to shreds! I'm so sad and not sure how to stop it or loosen the straps up a bit so they don't rub as much :(
Same for me, they’re practically unwearable 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I shall!
I'm used to having my shoes on as tight as possible, I have horrifically narrow feet, so I'll know incredibly soon how they fare and will report back ASAP

Reactions: 4
Bringing this comment from last thread:

I really want electrolysis but I’ve been told you have to let the hair grow between sessions and I’m just not prepared to go around with think black hairs on my chin! I don’t want to shave either for laser. How do you get around that?

I go every 3 wks and use one of those dermaplaning face razors as needed til I’ve got 3-4 days before my appt and then I try to stay working from home or just wear a surgical mask if I have to go out (I always time it so it’s not over a weekend or I’d get too self conscious). Those few days do feel kind of uncomfortable but with every session there are less and less hairs and knowing that it’s gonna be permanent makes it feel worth it, though I can see why it’d be enough to put someone off!

Adding to the lip product recs: Dior Addict Lip Glow in rosewood is my favourite- not clear but a my lips but better tint. Their lip oils are wonderful too

Has anyone tried the Erborian BB or CC creams? If so, what is it like in terms of coverage? I keep getting adverts for them on IG and am not sure if it's worth buying (even with their current sale)

Reactions: 1
guys I have to put you on THE BEST lip product ever, so moisturising, comes in loads of different colours, and is so glossy without it being sticky. Although it’s a bit pricey and you can only get it on the tarte website which does have a minimum spend (there is a sale right now!). https://tartecosmetics.com/EU/en_GB/maracuja-juicy-lip-balm-2035.html#start=2
i bought it in clear but I want to buy another colour
I’ve been wanting to try these! Seen great reviews 😁

Has anyone tried the Erborian BB or CC creams? If so, what is it like in terms of coverage? I keep getting adverts for them on IG and am not sure if it's worth buying (even with their current sale)
I’m obsessed with their BB cream, it’s perfect for summer when my skin looks good anyway I just need to even it out a little bit. It doesn’t have a lot coverage, but I don’t even use a corector for under eyes with it. It looks completely natural. They also just released a new one with a better coverage so maybe I’ll try that in the winter. Just be careful because it’s extremely limiting with the shades, they only have three. I’m lucky because the middle one is perfect for my skin tone.

• Heart
I've got the CC one and I love it, it comes out looking like a cream then changes to adapt to your skin colour. Its got quite a good coverage. If you're near a Space NK they put some in a little tester pot for you to try. I bought a small tube first and I'm still on it. Korean skin stuff is so good.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Moroccan Oil finally came out with a liquid hand soap 🥰 Zero hang nails in sight.

This is a long shot but does anyone know of a brand that does pretty sweatbands?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Hi guys, I found this thread last night! I have my legs, bikini and underarms waxed every 4 weeks but don’t have my eyebrows done because of a bad experience. I try to do my own eyebrows at home but I just use veet strips cut into little strips 😬 has anyone used any type of precision pen or can recommend an easier way for me to wax my eyebrows at home? I bought eyebrow shapers from Superdrug before but they didn’t pull the hairs out. Thanks x

Two things:

1 how to control frizz in humidity?

2 hiw to get ready with a toddler and a newborn? I can just about get my make up done but no chance of getting my hair in anything other than a quick bun

Two things:

1 how to control frizz in humidity?

2 hiw to get ready with a toddler and a newborn? I can just about get my make up done but no chance of getting my hair in anything other than a quick bun
try putting your hair in a bonnet when you sleep so you can have a Dutch braid, plait etc last over a few days. I have my hair permanently straightened with a keratin treatment, it’s not for everyone but a quick brush keeps it looking nice even when 0 effort has been put in

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi guys, I found this thread last night! I have my legs, bikini and underarms waxed every 4 weeks but don’t have my eyebrows done because of a bad experience. I try to do my own eyebrows at home but I just use veet strips cut into little strips 😬 has anyone used any type of precision pen or can recommend an easier way for me to wax my eyebrows at home? I bought eyebrow shapers from Superdrug before but they didn’t pull the hairs out. Thanks x
I use these, they're great

Amazon product

Why can't I look super poised by the pool? I see so many people with their hair in a "messy updo" looking all serene, whereas I just look hot and bothered. My attempts at a upknot make me look more like a sumo wrestler. What's the secret?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why can't I look super poised by the pool? I see so many people with their hair in a "messy updo" looking all serene, whereas I just look hot and bothered. My attempts at a upknot make me look more like a sumo wrestler. What's the secret?
I feel your pain …. It’s definitely more to do with what you feel like than what you look like.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You're not drunk enough, you need to booze until you don't care anymore darling!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I love this thread, I have promised myself in these 6 weeks I am going to start making myself look better and feeling myself more!

started today with a brow lamination, next steps are hair and new make up then everything else 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I love this thread, I have promised myself in these 6 weeks I am going to start making myself look better and feeling myself more!

started today with a brow lamination, next steps are hair and new make up then everything else 😂
Good for you!
Keep us updated please! Eddy loves a glowup

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.