Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone bought this or similar? I'm being served it constantly on Tiktok and am tempted!
No but that is the strangest thing, I follow that girl on Instagram and I'm almost sure she doesn't have a store. So, I'm either mistaken and she does (although she's American), or they've stolen her pictures.

Has anyone bought this or similar? I'm being served it constantly on Tiktok and am tempted!
That website looks really dodgy.

As a rule of thumb, try not to buy anything advertised like this on TikTok or Facebook, it's usually scam companies based abroad (China mainly) who have stolen other people's photos. And the product you'll receive will be nothing like the photos, and you won't be able to return the item.

This is a good video which explains things more:

Reactions: 8
No but that is the strangest thing, I follow that girl on Instagram and I'm almost sure she doesn't have a store. So, I'm either mistaken and she does (although she's American), or they've stolen her pictures.
Sorry to reply to myself, but her name is merricksart on Instagram, I really don't think she'd be involved in that website. It was also registered in 2024 as a basic Shopify website, so I'd steer clear to be honest.

Asda of all places had an absolutely gorgeous lounge type suit very similar when I was in the other day, it was beige and made from that lovely silky type thick fabric.

Reactions: 4
Re tooth whitening - you can get the Phillips zoom kits online for 70-100£. My flatmate had great results. The strips don’t work

Reactions: 1
Sorry probably should have phrased question differently, anyone bought anything like this from here or anywhere else? Amazon etc? Like the style and am tempted!!

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue... I used to have a really bad sweating problem in which I always got sweat patches but I never actually smelt of BO? If that makes sense. Anyway over the years I've used products like Andryhol Forte and Driclor that help combat sweating but I find they do burn your underarms like crazy. I also tried The Ordinary Glycolic Acid but it didn't seem to do much. Anyway recently, I've been having really bad BO problems with my underarms, no matter how much I wash and what deodorant I'm using. It's really making me feel gross! Has anyone had this and what did they use to fix it, if so?

• Heart
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue... I used to have a really bad sweating problem in which I always got sweat patches but I never actually smelt of BO? If that makes sense. Anyway over the years I've used products like Andryhol Forte and Driclor that help combat sweating but I find they do burn your underarms like crazy. I also tried The Ordinary Glycolic Acid but it didn't seem to do much. Anyway recently, I've been having really bad BO problems with my underarms, no matter how much I wash and what deodorant I'm using. It's really making me feel gross! Has anyone had this and what did they use to fix it, if so?
How much water are you drinking?

I found switching from polyester fabrics to natural ones really helped.
I also swear by Vichy 7 day deodorant - you follow a schedule then just put on twice a week and it works a dream.

Reactions: 6

I also swear by Vichy 7 day deodorant - you follow a schedule then just put on twice a week and it works a dream.
Never enough water if I'm honest, it's an ongoing struggle.
Ah okay I'll check out the Vichy 7 day one, thanks!

Hi used to have this but since doing home IPL with the Philips lumea kit it has gone ! As has the hair. The laser must have killed some sweat pores ?? Who knows but I am no longer suffering

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi used to have this but since doing home IPL with the Philips lumea kit it has gone ! As has the hair. The laser must have killed some sweat pores ?? Who knows but I am no longer suffering
One of the big benefits of laser hair removal for me was having much healthier skin including my underarms. I wonder if other forms of hair removals and regrowth with skin irritation affect the skin bacteria or something

Over share: I have maybe two or three hairs under each armpit. I don’t shave for months. Didn’t work at all on my face however :( saving up for electrolysis.

Reactions: 3
I mentioned during the week that I was thinking of trying sugar wax (at home) on my armpit hair. I have a high pain threshold and a short attention span so I've tackled it strangely: my left 'pit is now hairfree after two sessions, and I've yet to start on my right! The length of the hairs is alarming - they really do sit deep. Not painful but boring and time consuming and a bit tricky to keep the skin taut. I'm tempted to pull out my old epilator and use that on the right side, for comparison 🤣

Well like an idiot, I used hair removal cream on my underarms before a night out on Saturday. Yep, it burned like hell and I couldn't apply deodorant. Add that to the current BO problem, oh it was a nightmare 🤣
I've tried at home IPL, it did reduce the hairs but didn't get rid completely. I do struggle with hair removal tbh, never quite find the perfect method

• Heart
Well like an idiot, I used hair removal cream on my underarms before a night out on Saturday. Yep, it burned like hell and I couldn't apply deodorant. Add that to the current BO problem, oh it was a nightmare 🤣
I've tried at home IPL, it did reduce the hairs but didn't get rid completely. I do struggle with hair removal tbh, never quite find the perfect method
I tried a bit of home IPL but clinic laser was amazing. It’s much cheaper now, your armpits are a fairly small place to start.

I would say laser hair removal was life changing for me

I use Persipex twice a week and it helps a lot. I’ve had Botox under both arms when I was younger which helps too albeit temporarily. I’ve also had some sweet glands removed under one armpit which is of course extreme but needed.

This happened to me for a while, I think last year? Basically I would ‘sweat’ even though it didn’t smell at all, it just smelled of my deodorant, even when it wasn’t hot! I have no idea why, but it would irritate me a lot. I started to use driclor but it burned my armpits, so I started using Mitchum instead (which helped a lot surprisingly). It went away after a while, just when I was considering getting Botox

it’s starting to creep back now (I’ve noticed it can happen when I’m talking to someone, which makes me think there’s an element of anxiety in it? But it’s also random too), so I’m just gonna go straight for the Botox, I just hope it doesn’t wear off quickly. Sorry this isn’t very helpful, but just know you aren’t alone! ♥

• Heart

I have also experienced this - I've always been someone who sweats easily but for a long time it wasn't smelly. Then all of a sudden it really was getting bad and it didn't matter what type of deodorant I was using. I've identified I few things that seem to contribute.
  • shirts retain a residue of deodorant and trap the smell. I couldn't get it out despite hot washes and soaking and had to throw some out unfortunately.
  • anxiety or being nervous made it much worse than it simply being a hot day
  • washing my armpits more often and dabbing with rubbing alcohol (I read that having the "wrong" bacteria can lead to smell and this seemed to help)
  • I switched Greendoor deodorant for every day and Yerka antiperspirant, since then I haven't noticed the smell anymore

I have also experienced this - I've always been someone who sweats easily but for a long time it wasn't smelly. Then all of a sudden it really was getting bad and it didn't matter what type of deodorant I was using. I've identified I few things that seem to contribute.
  • shirts retain a residue of deodorant and trap the smell. I couldn't get it out despite hot washes and soaking and had to throw some out unfortunately.
  • anxiety or being nervous made it much worse than it simply being a hot day
  • washing my armpits more often and dabbing with rubbing alcohol (I read that having the "wrong" bacteria can lead to smell and this seemed to help)
  • I switched Greendoor deodorant for every day and Yerka antiperspirant, since then I haven't noticed the smell anymore
Some materials make me sweat, like polyester, but if you wash it without fabric softner it does get the smell out. Agree anxiety is what triggers it for me, much more so than a hot day. Really temped to try botox so interested to see how long it lasted for those who have tried it.

Has anyone had Xanthelasma surgery? I tried diathermy but it made it worse so now want to go the surgical route. I’ve been quoted £675 for the removal of one large section (it’s about 10mm x 5mm on upper eyelid). Is that about right?

I’m only 37 and I just can’t bear them being there.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.