Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I finally decided I'm getting laser hair removal for bikini area at dermatologist. I'll buy three visits for now, be done in may and even if it's not perfect I can go again next year. Honestly I'm just sooooo sick of waxing and shaving all the time and only feeling good 24 hours after.
Deffo worth a try as some have great results, but I had 10 sessions and would probably need another 10 to see a big difference lol same with legs and underarm

A good option for a fungal nail treatment at home is to peal and either slice up or grate a potato and apply it to the nail. Wrap it with bit of cling film and leave overnight, best to wear some soaks over it so as to keep it all in place. Then wash it in morning. It somehow seems to draw out the oozy goo of the infection. Potatoes are apparently an anti fungal.
Although if it's an active infection and super painful, it's def needed to go GP and they'll give you an antibiotic.
I've heard of anti fungal nail polish that is supposed to help the discoloration of the nail. Another option, if it's not an active infection and but discolored & problematic, is to go to a chiropodist and ask about getting the nail removed. They can apple a numbing agent and remove it while you are awake, it doesn't take long at all. They can either apply something to the base of the nail bed to make the nail not grow again which is good for if you constantly get infections or they can not do that and just let it grow back. If it grows back it might still be discolored and grow weird.

Reactions: 1
It was the best thing I ever did. I only go for a top up like once a year now, but I’ve forgotten what it’s like to have hair!
How many sessions do you ideally need do you reckon?
I shave and have stubble a few hours later so gross super fast!

• Heart
How many sessions do you ideally need do you reckon?
I shave and have stubble a few hours later so gross super fast!
I had 10! 🙂 it’s totally gone, just a few rogue hairs. But I’ve only had 5 on my legs and I’d say it’s 85% gone. So it really depends on the area and how thick the hair is imo

• Heart
I had 10! 🙂 it’s totally gone, just a few rogue hairs. But I’ve only had 5 on my legs and I’d say it’s 85% gone. So it really depends on the area and how thick the hair is imo
I think it depends on a lot more and individual differences, and of course the laser that the place uses and how well they do it tbh.

I think it depends on a lot more and individual differences, and of course the laser that the place uses and how well they do it tbh.
Oh yeah that’s definitely true as well, I have really thick hair though, they use Candela gentleYAG laser and it’s worked for me. But I needed more sessions than they recommended, they usually tell you when you have a consultation

Reactions: 2
A good option for a fungal nail treatment at home is to peal and either slice up or grate a potato and apply it to the nail. Wrap it with bit of cling film and leave overnight, best to wear some soaks over it so as to keep it all in place. Then wash it in morning. It somehow seems to draw out the oozy goo of the infection. Potatoes are apparently an anti fungal.
Although if it's an active infection and super painful, it's def needed to go GP and they'll give you an antibiotic.
I've heard of anti fungal nail polish that is supposed to help the discoloration of the nail. Another option, if it's not an active infection and but discolored & problematic, is to go to a chiropodist and ask about getting the nail removed. They can apple a numbing agent and remove it while you are awake, it doesn't take long at all. They can either apply something to the base of the nail bed to make the nail not grow again which is good for if you constantly get infections or they can not do that and just let it grow back. If it grows back it might still be discolored and grow weird.
Can I ask that before you do anything drastic you try zinc tablets. My toenail infection cleared up with them after trying podiatrist, antibiotics etc. I was booked in to have the nail removed when I started finishing a bottle of zinc tablets I found in the fridge which cleared up my nail completely. I continued them for a while after too. They also cleared up spots.

• Wow
Oh yeah that’s definitely true as well, I have really thick hair though, they use Candela gentleYAG laser and it’s worked for me. But I needed more sessions than they recommended, they usually tell you when you have a consultation
I'm in theory the perfect candidate with light skin and dark hair, but yeah 10 sessions wasn't enough for me to be able to stop shaving. There's definitely a reduction but I would say like 60% on my legs, 30% bikini....might get sessions in the future if I have money to burn haha

• Heart
I'd love to have my underarms lasered! At the moment I shave them but I've just discovered Veet sugar wax and used it on the sides of my face, top lip, chin and even to do an eyebrow tidy up - painless and very clean experience so I'm tempted to give it a shot on the underarms next!
Totally recommend that Veet kit: home waxing and sugaring was grim when I last tried it 15 to 20 years ago but it's come a long way!

Reactions: 5
I have an issue when waxing my underarms, in that the wax just sticks to my skin and doesn't actually pull the hairs out? So I make sure my underarms are clean and I rub talcum powder in, then apply the wax strip but it just doesn't work. Not sure if anyone has had this or can advise what I might be doing wrong?? Also tried without talcum powder but just really struggle on underarms

I have an issue when waxing my underarms, in that the wax just sticks to my skin and doesn't actually pull the hairs out? So I make sure my underarms are clean and I rub talcum powder in, then apply the wax strip but it just doesn't work. Not sure if anyone has had this or can advise what I might be doing wrong?? Also tried without talcum powder but just really struggle on underarms
I have a bit of a memory of this happening to me years ago too. Fairly sure I waxed one of my armpits shut 🤣
I'm guessing it's partly because it's so hard to hold the skin in that area taut, and maybe because the hairs tend to grow in random directions too? I'm hoping my sugar wax might be better, and planning to tackle smaller sections and see how that goes 😬

Can I ask that before you do anything drastic you try zinc tablets. My toenail infection cleared up with them after trying podiatrist, antibiotics etc. I was booked in to have the nail removed when I started finishing a bottle of zinc tablets I found in the fridge which cleared up my nail completely. I continued them for a while after too. They also cleared up spots.
Prob safe to do both the potato and the zinc first. I'm type 1 diabetic, so foot health & safety is drilled into me, yet I've never heard about zinc till reading here. Between ages of about 12-17yrs, I've had both big toe nails removed multi times. Unfortunately bc I was child the surgery was done in hospital under sedation and the doctors refused to permanently remove the nails after I found out that was an option. It so silly cos it would of been way easier to do it while I awake and also just not let them grow back so I wouldn't have to go through it again. I've seen YT videos of chiropodists doing it and they make it look so clean and simple. Thankfully I went to a super good chiropodist couple years ago (bc 1 the toe nails fell off and I figured I should prob check if that was OK) & she actually used an electric file to clean it up and now the toes look great! They actually haven't grown at all since, not sure what that's about.

• Heart
Prob safe to do both the potato and the zinc first. I'm type 1 diabetic, so foot health & safety is drilled into me, yet I've never heard about zinc till reading here. Between ages of about 12-17yrs, I've had both big toe nails removed multi times. Unfortunately bc I was child the surgery was done in hospital under sedation and the doctors refused to permanently remove the nails after I found out that was an option. It so silly cos it would of been way easier to do it while I awake and also just not let them grow back so I wouldn't have to go through it again. I've seen YT videos of chiropodists doing it and they make it look so clean and simple. Thankfully I went to a super good chiropodist couple years ago (bc 1 the toe nails fell off and I figured I should prob check if that was OK) & she actually used an electric file to clean it up and now the toes look great! They actually haven't grown at all since, not sure what that's about.
I have a podiatrist I like. After my first accident to my feet the infection could have been caught by the treatment I sought. 🤔 So after my 2nd accident to my feet 🙄 I just waited years for my nail to recover. Keeping an eye on it for infection. I'll be straight on the zinc if I see it.
I've been taking zinc from nature's best.
Years ago (decades), unbeknown to them they saved my.life. When I tried to get the stuff again for that health problem they denied ever having sold it 😲.

I'm in theory the perfect candidate with light skin and dark hair, but yeah 10 sessions wasn't enough for me to be able to stop shaving. There's definitely a reduction but I would say like 60% on my legs, 30% bikini....might get sessions in the future if I have money to burn haha
I keep considering laser hair removal but have a feeling this will be me too. I have been waxing or epilating for over 30 years and although some hair hasn’t grown back at all I still have a lot of hair, my friend has waxed for about 10 years and has hardly any hair now. I just don’t know what to do, I don’t want to waste my money

I get laser hair removal both at a clinic and with an at home device and it’s great but I think I’m going to look into electrolysis next. I’m sure someone on here mentioned that laser hair removal isn’t permanent but electrolysis is and it also caters for more skin and hair types. Definitely worth a consultation at least!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.