Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a Christmas candle recommendation for those that don't like spice/cinnamon! Yankee Candle have a candy cane scent, that's sweet and slightly minty, gorgeous! 😊

Reactions: 10
Can people recommend any nice bed sheet ranges or where to get them? The cheaper the better but happy to pay middle of the range.. too poor for any super expensive ones 😅

Reactions: 4
Can people recommend any nice bed sheet ranges or where to get them? The cheaper the better but happy to pay middle of the range.. too poor for any super expensive ones 😅
Dunelm do lovely ones. Soft and no ironing needed.
Attached the colours available. I like to mix and match the colours as well. X

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Tesco, Sainsburys, Matalan all do great white bedding. I dislike the material IKEA use for bedding, if feels plasticky?!

Need a new mattress...help!! So many choices etc. So expensive so i want to make the right choice. Emma seems quite pushy..think ill avoid. Want a foam double firm etc one. Budget 500£ max

Reactions: 2
Need a new mattress...help!! So many choices etc. So expensive so i want to make the right choice. Emma seems quite pushy..think ill avoid. Want a foam double firm etc one. Budget 500£ max
We have Emma and worth the money. Got mattress topper and protector as well x

Reactions: 3
Yes, I second an Emma. I love mine, and I have chronic sleep issues. Think I got mine in a half price sale or used an influencers discount code or something. Search #emma on insta and look for codes.

QVC do some lovely warm bedding called Cozee. I got a complete set, sheet ,2 pillowcases , duvet cover, all for £50 for the double..It is so warm I do not need my electric blanket..

I went to Primark home for the first time and am sooooo pleasantly surprised. If I was drowning and someone offered me a rope made of Primark clothing I would opt to drown, but the home section is brilliant. Kids was kicking off so couldn't grab much. Going back tomorrow. Thick chic throws for the bedroom and sofa, an array of Christmas decor, bedding. Yes please count me IN.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I went to Primark home for the first time and am sooooo pleasantly surprised. If I was drowning and someone offered me a rope made of Primark clothing I would opt to drown, but the home section is brilliant. Kids was kicking off so couldn't grab much. Going back tomorrow. Thick chic throws for the bedroom and sofa, an array of Christmas decor, bedding. Yes please count me IN.
only thing I find with Primark is you often get them out the packaging and there is a hole somewhere so don’t chuck the receipts🤣

• Sad
  • Haha
Hi guys! Love the idea of this thread!

We are about to move from a 2 bedroom flat, to a farmhouse that we have been so lucky to inherit..

Please could I have top tips for staying on top of the housework/cleaning .. it feels a bit daunting going from a tiny flat to an actual house with stairs 😂

Thank you!x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

We are about to move from a 2 bedroom flat, to a farmhouse that we have been so lucky to inherit..

Please could I have top tips for staying on top of the housework/cleaning .. it feels a bit daunting going from a tiny flat to an actual house with stairs 😂

Thank you!x
So jealous. We have left our lovely house in Ireland for an apartment in London and I want to cry.

But to answer your question. Get a cleaner girl, it’s the only way 😂❤

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Love this thread!
Does anyone have any handy tips on keeping a house clean (er) with pets? I’ve really bought it on myself with two dogs and a longhaired cat, but always interested to hear from those who are equally as mad but end up managing! 🙈

So jealous. We have left our lovely house in Ireland for an apartment in London and I want to cry.

But to answer your question. Get a cleaner girl, it’s the only way 😂❤

We left near london and have moved to Scotland - I’ve left all my friends and family but I know it’s the right decision for me and my little family 🧡

Hahah!! I like this answer!

• Heart

Thank you!x
I dedicate one day to proper cleaning a week, normally Friday evening when I get home or Saturday morning. The rest of the week is just basic hoovering and tidying to keep on top of things.
If you would find it easier make a list of what needs doing and schedule it during the week ie clean bathrooms Monday, wipe skirtings Tuesday etc

Thank you!x
Don’t do it all at once, I do one floor/stairs and then the other later in the week and balance each floor I didn’t clean with a bit of a tidy/tart up 😂

Reactions: 5
I dedicate one day to proper cleaning a week, normally Friday evening when I get home or Saturday morning. The rest of the week is just basic hoovering and tidying to keep on top of things.
If you would find it easier make a list of what needs doing and schedule it during the week ie clean bathrooms Monday, wipe skirtings Tuesday etc

Definitely … I’m hoping to get into the routine of like.. Monday jobs .. Tuesday jobs etc, I love making lists and stationary etc so that’s definitely the way forward for me I think!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.