Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

karmadrama

Just dragging this thread back up instead of starting a new one. I’m in my 30’s and only in recent years have I tried weed for the first time 😂 actually I’ve tried it on two occasions about a year apart. And both times it did absolutely nothing. A friend shared one with me and felt the effects so it wasn’t the actual weed that was the problem. I just don’t understand, why can’t I get high?!! 😂

feel4u

Chatty Member
I used to smoke a lot, get a private prescription now and my usage has reduced greatly, partly down to my age I think but being legal makes me not crave it like I used to

Miss98

i watched that and he was definitely selling more than weed to be making 2k a week - his girlfriend also mentioned MDMA. I think those ‘friends’ of his were just very jealous of his money and they wanted it for themselves. That show is almost another reason why marijuana should be legalised and goverened properly, then boys wouldn’t be killing each other over it in the park.
Oh I agree, it wasn't only weed but weed definitely was the main factor throughout the show. I think even if it was legalised, the government would put taxes on it and it would cost even more than £10 street value so unless the government were to sell it cheap as chips the dealing would still go on.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I find the argument for the legalisation of weed in the UK quite interesting. I’m personally in favour of only legalising it for medicinal purposes. I’ve had the very occasional puff during my uni years but I’ve seen the negative side like many here. The argument it’s harmless is surely irrelevant these days with high strength strains being more readily available. We actually don’t know the long term damage it’s doing to people and I imagine there’s the possibility of some kind of health crisis waiting to happen.

I find the argument that we’re behind the times quite tiresome however some reform might be semi beneficial. (I’m not sure what as I’m not an expert in how police deal with cannabis)

The issue is that even if it were legalised with dispensaries that sold controlled verities there would still be an underground market selling cheeper and higher strength strains. (Just like there’s still a market for cheap under the counter cigarettes that have been smuggled in from overseas)

The government would never legally supply the high strength strains full time super stoners would want. I imagine these dispensaries would be targeting the casual once or twice a month smokers and be deliberately expensive so dodgy Dave selling super strength skunk wouldn’t be affected by decriminalisation.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Not smoked it for years and never often anyway. It didn't do anything for me, I'd just zone out, become really aloof and it would kill me off for the rest of the night.

Plus there's certain types of weed smokers that are really preachy and annoying which puts me off as well.

freaknasty

Chatty Member
I absolutely hate it.

I’ve tried it a few times in my life and never enjoyed it, but mostly my gripe is that there is someone on my road that smokes it daily. No idea who it is but the smell comes into my house and makes me feel sick. It’s ever so strong. We have reported it multiple times but nothing is ever done.

Miss98

My neighbour would smoke £100 of it a week if not more, was borrowing more off his dealer etc than he could pay for. He tried intimidating me and my mum to give him money for weed and when we refused he got violent and extremely aggressive. This is a man in his 60's... so personally, I don't think it's as harmless as some think. He was a horrible man anyway but a helluva lot worse when he couldn't get any weed.
That's my experience of some people who are smoking it daily. They smoke it all up when they get paid, so they need to tick some weed to tie them over, then when they're paid the last thing they want to do is hand over money when they want their weed so they then owe money. I've had to pay a friend out of debt from weed before because the dealer was in town waiting for him.

Also the people I knew who smoked weed tend to go on to deal it to help pay for their own weed and they've been so desperate they've tried to rob people for it or been robbed themselves when selling it.

Not saying by the way every single person who smokes weed is bad, can't handle it or a drug dealer, but certainly there's issues I agree.