Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Danielle1

I used to smoke it , have a laugh and eat way too much but don't smoke it anymore. Also I know so many people who go crazy if they can't find someone who isn't selling or don't have money for it for couple days they will get themselves in debt for it and it definitely can react so differently in different people. I'm glad I never got dependant on it.

Reactions: 1

WhatABore

VIP Member
Two people got on the bus tonight and absolutely stunk of it 🤢 everyone was turning their heads in disgust to see who smelt rancid.
Do they not realise they reek of it?
I don't think they do.
Same as people who smoke normal cigarettes don't realise they stink of it.
I used to go to my Dad's where he'd smoke and not smell it at all, as soon as I got home, I'd be able to smell it on clothes so strong.

PoleStar

Chatty Member
OK, I used to go to a lot of raves and rave clubs in the early/mid 90s. I used to take whizz, ecstasy and smoked weed. On one occasion I also took coke and on another (very memorable) occasion I took LSD; a lot of it, I had no idea how it worked and count myself very, very fortunate to have not suffered any lasting ill effects. However, I only did it whilst out, never on other days like an ex boyfriend did - he was pretty trashed when I knew him and I heard that he had ended up on heroin. I don't know off that is true, but I can imagine it might be as he just didn't know when to stop. Looking back I feel embarrassed that I ever allowed myself to be involved with him, even though it was a short lived 6 month relationship that ended 24 years ago! I did all of this once or twice a month for about 2 years until my life moved on into other things. The weed we used was the solid resin and I don't think it was anywhere near as strong as the stuff that is around now. I have heard of people being sectioned with mental health problems through smoking super strength weed and that scares me.

I'm that Diva

I've never tried it. The smell alone puts me off, it makes me physically recoil when I'm near someone who's smoked a joint it makes me gag. I'm also surprised the amount of cars that drive past and smell of weed coming from them.

Blowup80

VIP Member
I used to smoke alot in my youth and didn't touch it again for years but now I suffer really bad insomnia because of the Menopause. I have an edible or a few draws off a joint in the evening when I need to sleep and it calms my mind down so I can sleep. I have no problem with it but I know how easy it is to get addicted as I was in my younger days, I know people who use it for medical reasons and people who are totally fucked up over it. It totally depends on the person and how they react to it. This new super skunk that you get now is too strong though and you get smell it miles away!

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I'm an ex cigarettes smoker. Love a whiff as I pass someone smoking. Love the smell of weed (used to smoke many years ago in the days of resin/grass).
I absolutely loathe vape smell though have only smelled the fruity pungent kind. I have very little knowledge of vaping though.
---
Hate stale tobacco smell on clothing though, has to be fresh.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I used to smoke it occasionally as a teen but then realised I wanted a career in care so I quit, I never had any bad effects but literally smoked maybe 4 joints in a month. I know some one who smoked heavily as a teen and still occasionally now and he's a sound guy but the stories he has off when he was a heavy user are horrifying!

Mamacita

VIP Member
I don't think weed is worse than alcohol and it can have some positives too. If we imagine that alcohol is illegal, if we had to make one drug legal, i don't think it would be alcohol we'd be legalising, knowing what we know about it. Weed generally seems less harmful but it's not for everyone. It's definitely not for me, I used to smoke, but not anymore.

Not smoked it for years and never often anyway. It didn't do anything for me, I'd just zone out, become really aloof and it would kill me off for the rest of the night.

Plus there's certain types of weed smokers that are really preachy and annoying which puts me off as well.
This is also how I feel with it, just become quite antisocial. I'm a bit like that anyway, so it seems to just exacerbate it.

_Laura

Chatty Member
Just dragging this thread back up instead of starting a new one. I’m in my 30’s and only in recent years have I tried weed for the first time 😂 actually I’ve tried it on two occasions about a year apart. And both times it did absolutely nothing. A friend shared one with me and felt the effects so it wasn’t the actual weed that was the problem. I just don’t understand, why can’t I get high?!! 😂
Could it be that you need a higher dose than your friend, maybe? I don’t know how it works for joints, but my partner and are partial to an edible every now in a while, and I actually need a higher dosage than him. We used to split it 50/50 and he was having the best time, giggling away while I was just waiting for the effect to kick in. Now we make our own edibles, and if he has one cookie, I’ll have one and a half cookie. It’s really surprised me because I’m a lightweight when I drink (we’re talking like two pints and I’m merry) and had no experience with weed. My boyfriend, on the other hand, was an occasional smoker and can handle alcohol much better than me.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
i dated a weed smoker and he was totally emotionally unavailable, would not discuss issues in the relationship and got angry and explode whenever i tried to talk any problems, so weird - like a chilled guy but prone to exploding if I tried to drag a conversation about anything out of him. it was like he wasnt capable of expressing emotions or just didn't want to and it made him uncomfortable. just wanted to have another joint. it was very unfufilling for me. i wonder if he had other mental health issues going on
Iv experienced this with a partner too. Didn't help he was always high as a kite when I saw him. But totally emotionally empty and unavailable. Shame really because he's never seemed happy

karmadrama

Oh that’s really weird. Sorry if this sounds insulting but are you sure you inhaled correctly? You have a hold it in a bit. Maybe you just needed to have more?
Yeah I’m pretty sure I did it properly. Oh well I’ll have to just keep trying 😂

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Doesn’t bother me people having a smoke relax or for for pain however I think if people smoke it then they should not drive whatsoever it also stinks. Every time I’ve done it I go into a whitey once smoked a vape with it and I was unable to stand up so it’s a no from me.

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
I can only speak from my own experience at uni but two of my flat mates were quite heavy users (8-13 joints in the evening) and the mental deterioration over an academic year was huge. They became paranoid and the usual story of it not being addictive and they can stop any time… it seemed to affect their sleep so they smoked more to sleep and their studies were heavily affected. Really not a good advert at all.

I’m sure a long term 30 year study came out a few years ago and it really does seem to affect the brain especially in younger people which makes sense and also heavy users really do change in their speaking to that slow ‘stoned’ manner.
Just my take anyway.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
My aunt an her family all smoke it, it actually makes me feel physically ill smelling it so I refuse to go to any of their houses now an also won't have them come near mine, I've never had a problem with what anyone does in their house so long as it's not hurting others but the sad thing is weed has a vile smell an spreads everywhere, if a neighbour was heavily smoking it I'd be reporting consistently about it because why shouldn't I be allowed to enjoy being in my garden or have to keep windows an doors shut an not put washing out because of it

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
I have really mixed views on it. When I was 14, a classmate who smoked it heavily threw himself out of a window after getting paranoid so that put me off as a young teenager. Then when I was 19/20, I had a boyfriend who smoked very heavily and he was horrible (he also had severe mental health issues and later died of a heroin overdose) when I was 21 I met my now husband and he used to smoke it occasionally and because of my previous experiences I really didn’t like it. He now dry vapes CBD buds (not sure of the correct terminology!) because he has a type of arthritis and he wants the pain relief benefits without getting stoned and it really helps him.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
My parents both smoked it as I was growing up. The highly potent resin type. I have a lot of trauma from this time. Doesn't help that they were also big drinkers. I hated that I could never have friends round incase they smelled it. My mum suffered a brain aneurysm and a stroke when she was only 40, and my dad passed from an aortic aneurysm when he was only 60. I can guess their unhealthy lifestyle didn't exactly help!
Same and I hate it so much. My mum got cannabis induced psychosis when I was younger resulting in me and my siblings going into care so she stopped after that, but my dad has smoked it everyday for my whole life and still does to this day despite having 2 heart attacks at the age of 50 (he’s also an alcoholic so that probably contributed too). I don’t have anything to do with either of them any more. That said, I don’t think it should be illegal, where I live it’s legal to grow 1 plant for personal use and I think it works well.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
i watched that and he was definitely selling more than weed to be making 2k a week - his girlfriend also mentioned MDMA. I think those ‘friends’ of his were just very jealous of his money and they wanted it for themselves. That show is almost another reason why marijuana should be legalised and goverened properly, then boys wouldn’t be killing each other over it in the park.
It didn't make it clear on the programme but the judge (and he's the only one that matters) determined that Sam was murdered because he'd become a liability and also for financial gain. He actually worked for Shepherd but had been robbed and beaten up and few times and Shepherd felt he was a problem that needed to be got rid of to protect his reputation and drugs business. White bought drugs off Sam to sell and made a few hundred pounds a week. With Sam out of the way, he would pick up his share of the business.

That's why the sentences were so high. The judge ruled it as a murder carried out for gain - which means a 30 year starting point - and not just the immediate gain of the cash and drugs in his rucksack that they took and spent but other 'gain' they would get for killing Sam - namely the enhancement in Shepherd's reputation for dealing with a problem and shoring up his business and White's financial increase.

chickhicks86

VIP Member
I have noticed more and more people just walking down the street with a joint! Why? Do they think they're cool? Hard? Are they addicted and can't do without? Literally never noticed it until the last 6 months or so.

Miss98

I don't know if anyone saw the recent 24 hours in police custody but the young guy was murdered by his 2 friends because he was in a group dealing weed. I'm not saying the guy who was murdered was totally innocent as he too was dealing weed and carried a gun on him which was found near his body at the scene, but now 3 people's lives are wasted. They were making 2k a weed selling weed!