Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Justwatchin...

I live in a pleasant area of my city but my neighbour smokes & deals it. My house can reek of the stuff every few days and I have a young son at home. We actually had to switch rooms because his room (now ours) can sometimes smell vile. I don’t think innocent families should suffer because of selfish people like that, neither should innocent children living in households like that. Sickens me that people actually get away with it. A drug is a drug at the end of the day (in my opinion). I’ve known some people to be totally fine on coke, live normal lives and have decent jobs but that doesn’t mean it’s okay.
We've got new neighbours who both smoke it regularly in their garden and often have lots friends around too. He has also recently built a suspicious looking shed...

I can't stand the smell and it really annoys me that now the weather is getting nice it's hard to have the doors open when they're smoking. I also have a 3 year old who is always wanting to play out in the garden and the smell is awful.
I'm all for people doing their own thing in their own homes but they must be able to realise that it's not contained to their garden.

Reactions: 2

tarahalls

Chatty Member
I'm very anti drugs.

I come from a pretty tough council estate, where drugs are a huge issue, and I made a decision in my teens that I didn't want to be involved at all in that life and I've never touched any illegal drug. I have quite an addictive personality and knew that it would be a very dangerous path to go down. Danniella Westbrook's nose also put me off 😂

I was lucky in that my friends at school weren't into drugs and I've never been around people who have wanted to take drugs in front of me or encouraged me to do so through my adult life either. I have been offered them a couple of times but refused.

It would be an absolute deal breaker for me if someone I was involved with was taking drugs. I met my partner online and when he said he worked in marketing, I thought that he was going to be some coke snorting fucking PR wideboy - but he works for the government and has the possibility of random drug testing so no 😂 He did experiment in his uni days so doesn't take as hard a line as me on the subject.

If you followed as many murder trials as I do, you'd realise how big a problem drugs are - even something as low level as cannabis. I can honestly say probably 85%-90% of trials I follow involve drugs in some way whether you're taking them, growing then, running them, dealing them or importing them. Even it it starts out with no drugs involved, they will usually come up somewhere down the line. It's a vicious, grubby, seedy cut throat world and one I am very glad I had the good sense to avoid. It's also utterly depressing.
I’ve always said before & after posters of her should be plastered everywhere! Especially in women’s toilets 🙈 She was such a pretty girl 😔

iLoveNectarines

VIP Member
My parents both smoked it as I was growing up. The highly potent resin type. I have a lot of trauma from this time. Doesn't help that they were also big drinkers. I hated that I could never have friends round incase they smelled it. My mum suffered a brain aneurysm and a stroke when she was only 40, and my dad passed from an aortic aneurysm when he was only 60. I can guess their unhealthy lifestyle didn't exactly help!

candyland_

VIP Member
Two people got on the bus tonight and absolutely stunk of it 🤢 everyone was turning their heads in disgust to see who smelt rancid.
Do they not realise they reek of it?

thaliamay

Chatty Member
I smoke weed daily. Definitely at the point where I know I'm smoking too much but as it helps my mind so much...
Far less risks than with alcohol, it baffles me how ones illegal the other isn't.
I do love smoking but I'm at 10+ a day which is a bit much

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Used to smoke it occasionally at uni. Haven't had it now in about 10 years. I think it's ok if used in moderation (and I know people who do and are fine), although I'm conscious that some people do get addicted and it affects their physical and mental health. I don't think it should be glamourised, but I don't think it should be condemned either. I'd be ok with decriminalising it.

Tove_drew

Chatty Member
Just dragging this thread back up instead of starting a new one. I’m in my 30’s and only in recent years have I tried weed for the first time 😂 actually I’ve tried it on two occasions about a year apart. And both times it did absolutely nothing. A friend shared one with me and felt the effects so it wasn’t the actual weed that was the problem. I just don’t understand, why can’t I get high?!! 😂
Oh that’s really weird. Sorry if this sounds insulting but are you sure you inhaled correctly? You have a hold it in a bit. Maybe you just needed to have more?

Twinkle485

I’m of the mind everything in moderation. Be that drugs or alcohol even down to gambling. If you enjoy it and it doesn’t put your health at risk then why not. On another note I don’t drink or do drugs as I personally don’t enjoy being in the state of not knowing what I’m doing. I wouldn’t even have gas and air when in labour as I hated it. I wouldn’t judge anyone for it though as long as a) you smoke it at your own place and b) you don’t force it onto others 😊

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I wouldn't smoke it, can't stand the smell and I am a paranoid person so I think it would make me worse. In Canada it is legal, I have considered using CBD oil without THC to try and help with my endometriosis pain. The funny thing is, now it is legal, people are still using the black market as it is cheaper so legalising weed hasn't taken off like they thought it would. People that didn't smoke it before, haven't started smoking it, etc.

• Wow

Sunflower91

VIP Member
I’ve smoked it as a one off and for me personally it’s a double edged sword. It calms down the side of my brain that’s really loud but then I get the paranoia. My friend smokes it on a regular basis and I find him frustrating to be around when he’s really stoned- we play online games together and it really affects his performance and ability to listen to instructions. So based on that I don’t think it should be available for everyone recreationally. But I do think it has value for medicinal uses- and make smoking it safer for them.
A few years ago I heard that one of the reasons weed isn’t legalised over here is down to taxation. Cigarettes and alcohol stimulate a person in similar ways but thats tax for two industries/ products rather then just one that can have a similar impact. I don’t know how true that is though.
Legalisation of a drug and decriminalising it are two different things though and I lean towards decriminalising drug usage, like in other countries, so addicts can have access to safe spaces for usage and rather being pulled into a prison system they can get help with their sobriety and the underlying problems that have pushed them towards drug usage.
In terms of legalisation, the Netherlands allows use of weed and looking at the stats of lifelong cannabis use they rank lower than the Uk (the uk has 31% more lifelong cannabis users). So there could be an effect of it becoming less appealing if it’s something available. The Netherlands also has lower crime statistics (although definitely not saying legalising weed has an impact on that, they have very different ways of governance e.g their wage taxes are much higher, to help improve things as a whole). But personally I think the Uk is a bit too broken right now to legalise something like this and it not have a negative impact.

Reactions: 1

mochibean

VIP Member
I've smoked a lot over the years but it's at a point now where I'm so depressed and it's not helping me. I feel hazy so much of the time and it makes my depression laziness worse too.

Thankfully I can smoke it in private, idk why people do it outdoors it just bothers other people. Not everyone likes the smell.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I do worry about it. a family member smokes it heavily, and two online friends also are users, one heavily and one every now and then. The family member has major anger issues which disappear once he has his weed but are exacerbated massively when he doesn’t have any/have money for any - he gets violent and will stop at nothing to get it.
the online friends I know less of obviously but they both use it as a relaxant. From that angle it looks good to me, I think as an anxious person I would consider trying weed v lightly if it aided with anxiety. But at the risk of sounding like an old fart I worry about it eventually not being ‘enough’ and leading to trying heavier stuff for the high 🙈 as with my family member, he packs so much into his joints nowadays he needs more and more to hit a high.

Jaybtee

VIP Member
i dated a weed smoker and he was totally emotionally unavailable, would not discuss issues in the relationship and got angry and explode whenever i tried to talk any problems, so weird - like a chilled guy but prone to exploding if I tried to drag a conversation about anything out of him. it was like he wasnt capable of expressing emotions or just didn't want to and it made him uncomfortable. just wanted to have another joint. it was very unfufilling for me. i wonder if he had other mental health issues going on

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I've never smoked it myself (never smoked cigarettes either, bar trying it once or twice in school) but have a couple of friends who used to smoke it 10/15 years ago from time to time, may be every couple of months or so. Both of them say that they'd never touch it now because the stuff that's out there now is much more dangerous than what they smoked back then. They reckon there could be anything in it now.

Death2unicorns

There was a discussion going on in the Diane Abbott thread about weed which got me thinking...

Weed seems to be very controversial, lots of people say it's 'just a plant and harmless' but for my age I've seen the not so great side to it, also. I think weed is different for everyone like alcohol is and affects everybody differently. In moderation it seems to mostly be okay, but many people chain smoke it daily.

I've known some people to smoke it and live their lives, hold down a job and be okay people. I've also had friends who became so paranoid, became dealers to pay for their habits, get so aggressive and fighty and nasty when they had no weed left and one person I used to know stopped showering, brushing his teeth and all of his personal hygiene went out of the window because he spent all of his money on weed so couldn't afford shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, food even. My friend's dad could barely leave the house because he smoked it all of his life and in the end thought people in the street were following him and out to get him. These days it seems to be a very strong strain and I was with a group of friends who smoked a joint and they reckoned it had glass in it and they all got chest pains after sharing the joint. My ex got more violent and aggressive when he couldn't get any weed and there were times we went hungry so he could get his fix.

I find many people who smoke it daily often become so unmotivated, lazy and paranoid. They become a shell of themselves and have no real plans in life other than to get high.

I'm sure in small doses it's okay, like socially at parties, but there's always the risk that it can trigger mental health issues underlying inside of you already. Does anybody have any experiences good or bad with weed?
I agree with eveything you’ve said, the two people I know who have both been heavy users for a long time are now mentally ill, one very severely mentally ill where she has lost grip of reality and needs a carer, it’s sad as we were at university together and she was incredibly bright and from an affluent respectable family, she found it amusing to start ‘slumming it’ hanging around with some local scally dealers, got into a relationship with one, started smoking weed everyday and dropped out of uni, I used to check in on her regularly as I was always worried, started getting weird rambling emails from her, pages and pages of diatribe about things like how incredible and free the birds In the sky where, alarm bells were ringing, I phoned her boyfriend who answered and told me he was kicking her out as she had ‘lost the plot,went to collect her and she was an absolute shell of her self, I was so shocked by how she looked I burst into tears and demanded to know from her dealer boyfriend what drugs she had been on, turns out it was genuinely just weed, a lot of it everyday, she had to be sectioned and admitted to emergency mental health ward, she has never recovered, I am 100% convinced it was weed which done that to her
I myself had the occasion joint when I was younger, I was had a terrible trippy experience from having a ‘bucket’ (lol), had bad panic attacks afterwards for weeks

I hate the stuff, would be devastated if my child started smoking it when they are older, I will do eveything in my power to keep them away from it
This is only a comment on its recreational use btw as I have no knowledge or experience on it for medical uses

• Wow

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
The thing I don’t understand is we’re realising how dangerous smoking is and cigarette smoking is dropping however suddenly everyone thinks smoking weed is cool?? Surely it’s still smoking and we should be stopping that.

I’ve tried it and hate the taste and don’t like the feeling so it’s not for me. I also hate the smell and you smell it everywhere these days!! That also annoys me especially when my children ask ‘what’s that strange smell?’

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I've on the whole quit for 2 months now. Occasionally have a few drags on the night but wake up feeling rough the next day. Can't believe I used to be stoned all day every day. I found sleep hypnosis soooooo helpful.

• Sad

Strangewords

I think like with any drug it depends on how you use it, how you personally react with it and your general state of mind in the first place. I've seen people who enjoy a bit of recreational cannabis now and again and have a nice time and no ill effects from it, and I've seen people who smoke way too much and it affects their life and mental health.
I don't think there's a one size fits all 'good drug' - it's all dependent on so many factors.
I used to smoke a bit back in my teens (20 or so years ago now) and back then found it really enjoyable and giggly. The new style super strength weed however is really unpleasant to me and makes me instantly anxious and sick. It's like a completely different drug.