Your Nail Salon/Manicure Routine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looked through this thread for inSo thank you 😊 I can’t have my nails done for my job so only get them if I’m going away. I usually have my nails short due to my job but I’m going away next month so started to grow them in jan. They are long now (for me anyway) I’m expecting some to break before my appointment though, once already did. I’m hoping they don’t break and the shorter one grows a lot still nearly a month away. I have so many inspo pics I always change my mind 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
My nail girl has put her prices up. I mean I knew it was coming and she did it last year so it’s not surprise. But it’s just a bit crap. Everything is so expensive now 😭😭😭😭

My nail girl has put her prices up. I mean I knew it was coming and she did it last year so it’s not surprise. But it’s just a bit crap. Everything is so expensive now 😭😭😭😭
I was going to get mine done today but I cancelled. The first time I went for ages (in December) they were great and lasted really well. When I went back last month and got the same brand my nails were breaking left, right and centre and some of the gel peeled off so I removed it all. I’m just going to use Nail Envy and/or Gel Break until they are in better condition. I‘m not paying all that for it to only last well sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I was going to get mine done today but I cancelled. The first time I went for ages (in December) they were great and lasted really well. When I went back last month and got the same brand my nails were breaking left, right and centre and some of the gel peeled off so I removed it all. I’m just going to use Nail Envy and/or Gel Break until they are in better condition. I‘m not paying all that for it to only last well sometimes.
Mine usually do last to be fair and she is really good. She’s very good at nail art as well. But it’s just a lot of money on top of everything else. If I stick to plain colours it’ll be the same price.
I’d be disappointed if mine had peeled like yours did!

Mine usually do last to be fair and she is really good. She’s very good at nail art as well. But it’s just a lot of money on top of everything else. If I stick to plain colours it’ll be the same price.
I’d be disappointed if mine had peeled like yours did!
2 weeks was all I got, I wasn’t happy.

• Sad
Oooh a nail thread! I went back to getting my nails done last some after years off. Pre kids (15 years ago!) I used to get acrylics, a good long square French or maybe American which was a less white tip.

My nails are prone to chipping with almost every gel product which is super annoying. I tried BIAB before Christmas to see if that stuck but that was even worse for some reason.

I had my nails redone today and went for a teal colour which I’m not sure about, I prefer neutrals especially in the winter.

There’s a nail tech on insta called the daily nail and I LOVE her stuff but I’m literally the other side of the country to her.https://www.instagram.com/thedailynailofficial/?hl=en

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oooh a nail thread! I went back to getting my nails done last some after years off. Pre kids (15 years ago!) I used to get acrylics, a good long square French or maybe American which was a less white tip.

My nails are prone to chipping with almost every gel product which is super annoying. I tried BIAB before Christmas to see if that stuck but that was even worse for some reason.

I had my nails redone today and went for a teal colour which I’m not sure about, I prefer neutrals especially in the winter.

There’s a nail tech on insta called the daily nail and I LOVE her stuff but I’m literally the other side of the country to her.https://www.instagram.com/thedailynailofficial/?hl=en
I like them they’re pretty. I’m pretty over the top tho with my nails and never get plain or one colour. But I like these and they look natural. I maybe would have got a lighter colour but it’s still a lovely colour. Even in winter I don’t really do dark colours except purple

I like them they’re pretty. I’m pretty over the top tho with my nails and never get plain or one colour. But I like these and they look natural. I maybe would have got a lighter colour but it’s still a lovely colour. Even in winter I don’t really do dark colours except purple
I really like crazy/ bright designs but always end up going plain. I might go wild and then wish I’d gone for something more exciting. Maybe come proper spring I’ll liven up, I do like pastel rainbow nails.

• Heart
I love that colour @philopastry75! May steal that for when I next get them done.

I've gone back to shellac/gel after a few years of acrylics. They last well on me but I do think I prefer the shape of my nail with acrylic on... it makes my small nails look bigger/wider. But as shellac are cheaper and take less time, I'm gonna stick with them.

I like solid colours and will flip between bold one time and neutrals the next. I do also love French and French with coloured tips too.

I love that colour @philopastry75! May steal that for when I next get them done.

I've gone back to shellac/gel after a few years of acrylics. They last well on me but I do think I prefer the shape of my nail with acrylic on... it makes my small nails look bigger/wider. But as shellac are cheaper and take less time, I'm gonna stick with them.

I like solid colours and will flip between bold one time and neutrals the next. I do also love French and French with coloured tips too.
I love French as well and also love coloured tips!

I love French as well and also love coloured tips!
Same re. the French/ coloured tip love, I had pastel purple taken off for the teal blue. They used a lovely neutral colour on the nail last time, not sure what bran it was but it didn’t cover the half moons too much so looked really good compared to previous salon where the neutral colour looked solid pink.

Attachments

Last edited:
Haven't posted for ages but let me share my recent ones. Going again this week.
---

The art on these is pretty but your cuticles look really inflamed. Maybe ask your person not to cut so deep next time as it's really damaging to do that over and over.
Ok I will thanks. She doesn’t always do it like that. sometimes it hurts sometimes it does. Yesterday was fine they don’t look inflamed

Ugh I just found out my mom gets gel nails and pays less at her studio than I do for Shellac. That can‘t be right? Will definitely try out hers next time

Ugh I just found out my mom gets gel nails and pays less at her studio than I do for Shellac. That can‘t be right? Will definitely try out hers next time
'Gel nails' and 'Shellac' are two different things. If you're getting genuine CND Shellac, it makes sense that this would cost more. The pricier brands tend to be CND Shellac, The Gel Bottle, and Bio Sculpture. But aside from those brands there's endless 'gel nail' products which are cheaper and some shops call it all 'Shellac' which is incorrect.

Reactions: 3