Your Nail Salon/Manicure Routine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Gel nails' and 'Shellac' are two different things. If you're getting genuine CND Shellac, it makes sense that this would cost more. The pricier brands tend to be CND Shellac, The Gel Bottle, and Bio Sculpture. But aside from those brands there's endless 'gel nail' products which are cheaper and some shops call it all 'Shellac' which is incorrect.
You‘re right. But she‘s getting gel extensions so basically the same effort as acrylics and not just a paint like Shellac. Probably could have worded my first post better

Ooh I love this thread, great idea!
I get BIAB every three to four weeks, based on what I’ve got planned that month. I’d like to go every two to three weeks but it is a lot of money and I they still look good after three weeks (imho). These are my 3-week old nails today, I wanted something a bit Valentine’s Day-y, without being too full on.
I’m going to get my nails done tomorrow and want something galaxy inspired, we’ll see how that turns out!
image.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 1
You‘re right. But she‘s getting gel extensions so basically the same effort as acrylics and not just a paint like Shellac. Probably could have worded my first post better
No I wasn't biting at you - I just meant if you're getting Shellac somewhere it will likely cost more than 'gel polish' elsewhere that's all :) if her tech is cheaper then it's worth a try, I do think with nails you sometimes get what you pay for though

• Heart
onto my fifth at home gel colour since new year! application is a bit neater and think i'm getting the hang of what formulas suit my nails. not being too precious with them but do tend to chip the edges when i peel veg. tried BIAB and found it lifts quite easily even when using a base coat. also tried clear BIAB as a top coat but still had residue so used my normal top coat and finishing wipe over it.

brown cat eye - 10 days ish - didn't remove cuticles but still lasted well
silver cat eye - 14 days - ended up loving these after initially thinking they were too glittery
black & gold cat eye - 12 days - victims of my peeler :cry: gbnf
had a week or so break where they all snapped off x
pink metallic (cat eye but didn't use magnet) - 7 days - used BIAB and sussed out the lifting
cobalt blue - painted on wednesday using same method as silver so hoping these last two weeks as well

pics are of swatch sticks bc i'm in a bit too deep 🤭

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi! Basically I've stopped biting my nails after doing it my whole life, it's been 3 weeks and they are the longest I've ever had them, I'm very proud lol. Anyway I've been thinking about getting gel nails, I love the way they look, or is there something better? Thanks!

That is such a cute shade of pink! You have inspired me to do pink gels tomorrow 🌸
I never really go for pink but my nail salon has sooo many different shades of pink so i just closed my eyes and went with whatever one my finger landed on 😂 I actually really like it, its a nice change from my usual grey/black

Reactions: 2
I never really go for pink but my nail salon has sooo many different shades of pink so i just closed my eyes and went with whatever one my finger landed on 😂 I actually really like it, its a nice change from my usual grey/black
I love pink. I’ve got them now for the first time since last summer. I felt like I over did it with pink last year. But I’ve over done blues and mint greens now instead. My next appointment she can only do me a simple set so I’m thinking just one colour pink. It’s been years since I’ve had one plain colour. But sometimes less is more isn’t it
Mine doesn’t have that many pinks 💔

I love pink. I’ve got them now for the first time since last summer. I felt like I over did it with pink last year. But I’ve over done blues and mint greens now instead. My next appointment she can only do me a simple set so I’m thinking just one colour pink. It’s been years since I’ve had one plain colour. But sometimes less is more isn’t it
Mine doesn’t have that many pinks 💔
Last year I really over did it with different shades of purple or blue, I kept going for a pastel purple then a pastel blue then a white and they were all very samey. Then winter came and once I got back into the dark shades it was hard to change it up. I'm the same, I usually get my ring finger all glittery or something but I couldn't see a match for the pink I have currently so I just went all pink on every nail. I'm sure your nails are lovely :love:

• Heart
Last year I really over did it with different shades of purple or blue, I kept going for a pastel purple then a pastel blue then a white and they were all very samey. Then winter came and once I got back into the dark shades it was hard to change it up. I'm the same, I usually get my ring finger all glittery or something but I couldn't see a match for the pink I have currently so I just went all pink on every nail. I'm sure your nails are lovely :love:
I don’t really like dark colours. Only dark purple and teal. But I know a lot of people do.
I love pastels as well. Lst year I had five diff pastel colours they were beautiful. I need them again
Mine are still nice are two weeks
I’m going again next thurs 💅
B73BF91D-AA6C-45F7-8848-7164477B1011.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
811577E9-72A1-4563-8634-24D960125F66.jpeg

I always used to have square but I’ve switched to almond. I get builder gel as normal gel doesn’t last on my nails. I always go for a nude/pale pink or tips of some sort, I’m spotting bright pink atm!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My nails are really long now after using BIAB. I couldn’t grow them before without breaking. I don’t want to keep paying for BIAB. Would it be possible to maintain the length if I have it just keep using a really good strengthener? I’ve heard good things about OPI Envy

My nails are really long now after using BIAB. I couldn’t grow them before without breaking. I don’t want to keep paying for BIAB. Would it be possible to maintain the length if I have it just keep using a really good strengthener? I’ve heard good things about OPI Envy
I am using OPI nail envy and find it really good , I have nails that flake and split but my nails are no where near as strong as when I used BIAB. I have decent nails now but I have to still be careful, if I stop using it though my nails start snapping again

Nail Envy is very good….should probably go down to the maintenance version but don’t want to risk going back to peeling nails. Be mindful of your cuticles and surrounding skin though as it will harden these areas too.

Another great one is Nailtiques formula 2. It managed to fix a horizontal split I had on the underside of a nail.