you, me and the 6 Cs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just having a quick google and reading a few different things on there, it would appear taxi drivers do actaually make a pretty good wage.. I know google isnt a reliable source but if it is correct, or there abouts, then I can easily see how they afford nice things. My brother takes home £1900 a month (less than a taxi driver accordingto google) doesnt claim any top up benefits (only child benefit for 2) and lives a comfortable life. Pays for nice holidays in monthly instalments which is probably what Kelly does. Dance and other clubs I imagine are payed monthly. I dont think his wage is as crap as we all think.

Just having a quick google and reading a few different things on there, it would appear taxi drivers do actaually make a pretty good wage.. I know google isnt a reliable source but if it is correct, or there abouts, then I can easily see how they afford nice things. My brother takes home £1900 a month (less than a taxi driver accordingto google) doesnt claim any top up benefits (only child benefit for 2) and lives a comfortable life. Pays for nice holidays in monthly instalments which is probably what Kelly does. Dance and other clubs I imagine are payed monthly. I dont think his wage is as crap as we all think.
I think as a self employed taxi driver, your earnings can be what ever you want them to be within reason if you know what I mean. I don’t think there are many taxi drivers who declare all their earnings!
I feel for taxi drivers at the moment because their earnings must have taken a hit with all the current restrictions in place ie no essential travel, bars,pubs closing at 10am. Kelly lives in a area were these restrictions are in place so I’m sure it’s effected James.

Reactions: 1
It saying Taxi drivers in Liverpool are struggling to make a good wage they've had to up their hours the average 43 hr week take home pay is around £315

Stagebox fees are £94 for Cerise and £81 for Carsons age group (monthly) so that's a big chunk and Courtney attends the other dance school so that's over £200 per month on dance alone

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
So James is earning only half his usual wage and will only be working weekends soon. While Kelly is sat at home counting her tins and writing in her planners. It’s irresponsible of her to rely on top up benefits when she could go out and get a part time job that fits around James’ work.

Reactions: 4
So James is earning only half his usual wage and will only be working weekends soon. While Kelly is sat at home counting her tins and writing in her planners. It’s irresponsible of her to rely on top up benefits when she could go out and get a part time job that fits around James’ work.
Well said, does she not think for one minute the pressure James must be under thinking that he’s not providing for his family. Kelly could definitely now look for a job even if it’s only temporary until the taxis pick up again. She has not got any excuse if James is going to be at home in the week.
I’m sorry but in my opinion Kelly is coming across as lazy, she’s good at looking busy doing nothing.

Reactions: 5
Well I think she answered all our questions they have to be on benefits, there's noway James wage is supplementing their lifestyle ..

Reactions: 3
Didn't Kelly say she had a little part time job working on her computer at home. I'm sure she said it when she was answering questions on her vlog.

Reactions: 2
Didn't Kelly say she had a little part time job working on her computer at home. I'm sure she said it when she was answering questions on her vlog.
Yeah she said she was doing some part time admin at home so they could afford James to cut his hours.

I remember that she spoke a while ago on one of the compromises tehyade for her kids to be able to do their activities etc was to stay in their house and kids to share rooms. Also she doesn't drive which I imagine helps their finances as funding a second car is a chunk of our outgoings.

To be honest if I compare her lifestyle and outgoings to ours I could completely see how she afford dance and expensive Christmas gifts as she doesn't have many outgoings I do. Her mortgage must be less than mine. Her food budget, for 7, is only 100 per week. Yes she treats herself to planners but we never see her splash out on many clothing hauls and when she does its typically primark. It doesn't look like they had a holiday this year which will probably be how they were able to do their home improvements.

I don't think she lives particularly extravagantly.

Yes I think she did say that, but I thought she was very vague about it. Why not do a little video about what she is doing, she doesn’t have to say who she’s working for. It would be far better content than watching her organise her tin cupboard!
I’m not saying she was not being truthful about her working, but I don’t know, I just feel she had to say something like that to justify why she’s still at home when all the kids are now at school.
Remember the GCSE studying which she was doing as a way to get back to work, that soon fell by the wayside.

Yes I think she did say that, but I thought she was very vague about it. Why not do a little video about what she is doing, she doesn’t have to say who she’s working for. It would be far better content than watching her organise her tin cupboard!
I’m not saying she was not being truthful about her working, but I don’t know, I just feel she had to say something like that to justify why she’s still at home when all the kids are now at school.
Remember the GCSE studying which she was doing as a way to get back to work, that soon fell by the wayside.
Even at that I still can't see how it would fund their lifestyle both on part-time hours ,sky bills over £100 per mon .dance£200+ all of them except Carson have the latest phones so your talking £40 + per month for each phone(contract) mortgage + other household bills ,and she's made pre orders on consoles for some of the kids that cost £450 each ,games for these consoles are £65 and headsets £89 and that's not counting the clothes that cost hundreds nor the extra presents on top and then the girls stuff on top of that ,,it just doesn't add up

This was my thoughts exactly , I’m curious about the work 🤔

As far as I'm concerned she doesn't need to justify why she is a stay at home mum, nor how they can afford the lifestyle they have as a family. And if there is a money tree in the garden, then good for them;)

She doesn't need to justify anything ,just don't portray online that your husband is supporting your family on a part-time wage, then be surprised when people question how you're able to afford what you do ..that's all 🤷‍♀️ like someone said they can't manage that lifestyle with both working full time never mind getting benefit top ups;)

She doesn't need to justify anything ,just don't portray online that your husband is supporting your family on a part-time wage, then be surprised when people question how you're able to afford what you do ..that's all 🤷‍♀️ like someone said they can't manage that lifestyle with both working full time never mind getting benefit top ups;)
Totally agree with this, we are not wanting justification, but on just a part time Taxi driver wage, their lifestyle does not ring true. It’s obvious they get substantial top up benefits thats why Kelly doesn’t work, because what she would earn part time is probably less than what they get in benefits.

Her portion sizes are all over the place! 3 slices of pizza and a few carrots for Colby isn’t he like 16-17 and about 6ft? My 8 year old would eat more than that!

Reactions: 6
I always find her meals look very dry ,like the bolognese or chilli's don't look as though there's any sauce in them

I’ve often thought the portion sizes she gives the kids are very small. Colby is nearly 18 and he gets the same as his 2 sisters! Even Casey at 14 should be getting a bigger portion. I’ve got 2 teenage boys myself and they are like bottomless pits and never full.
Kelly says she likes to keep her shopping to under £100 a week, which for 2 Adults, 4 teenagers and a 5year old, that’s not much at all, especially when you think that includes all their packed lunch stuff. I’ve noticed she seems to buy a lot of crisp and biscuits, so the kids must snack on these of a evening after they’ve had their dinner.

My son is 4 and has seconds for dinner and plenty of pud for afters lol. He's not overweight, he's tall and slim in fact, yet he never seems to be full up. Portion sizes on Kelly's videos makes menfeel hunger pangs.

They probably snack a lot on those portion sizes.
I thought the whole point of top up benefits is that you’ll always be better of working. I think she’s just lazy tbh. If your kids are small at home then I can understand staying at home but hers are all school age. Also if James’ job is only part time he could look for something else for a few hours a week. There’s no way my husband could sit at home all week and just work 3 nights over the weekend - especially with a family to support. He’d be out earning money.
People who are capable of working and don’t bother annoy me to be honest.