you, me and the 6 Cs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They probably snack a lot on those portion sizes.
I thought the whole point of top up benefits is that you’ll always be better of working. I think she’s just lazy tbh. If your kids are small at home then I can understand staying at home but hers are all school age. Also if James’ job is only part time he could look for something else for a few hours a week. There’s no way my husband could sit at home all week and just work 3 nights over the weekend - especially with a family to support. He’d be out earning money.
People who are capable of working and don’t bother annoy me to be honest.
Yes there's lots of companies crying out for delivery drivers ,must things are online now from food to household ..That's a good point actually..

Reactions: 1
James does all the school runs or buses anyways so she could be out working in fairness, doin inventory of your tins is so excessive. Why not get a job in a supermarket if that's the only kind of thing she enjoys.

Reactions: 3
Jeez, there's some really perfect people on here. No wonder Kelly came off YouTube. Perhaps her kids don't like their plates piled high. I know I don't. None of her kids look undernourished or lacking in vitamins. They all look healthy. Her and James have a happy marriage and the kids are doing well at school and enjoy out of school activities. Look at the Ingham family, now that is a family to slate. Carry on Kelly, you're a great mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jeez, there's some really perfect people on here. No wonder Kelly came off YouTube. Perhaps her kids don't like their plates piled high. I know I don't. None of her kids look undernourished or lacking in vitamins. They all look healthy. Her and James have a happy marriage and the kids are doing well at school and enjoy out of school activities. Look at the Ingham family, now that is a family to slate. Carry on Kelly, you're a great mother.
It's a wonder she came back when she doesn't look like she's enjoying it and with no content ,,she is a great mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She’s a lovely mum and they’re a lovely, stable down to earth family . But I agree with @monga , if your content is based on a tin cupboard inventory, surely you should question what the point of the channel is .

I wonder how long she’ll be back before she packs it in again. The content she’s got is not sustainable. She doesn’t feature the kids anymore and Kelly’s day to day life is the same everyday. There are only so many reading, planner, cleaning videos etc you can do.

I wonder how long she’ll be back before she packs it in again. The content she’s got is not sustainable. She doesn’t feature the kids anymore and Kelly’s day to day life is the same everyday. There are only so many reading, planner, cleaning videos etc you can do.
I think she aware of this though and it's showing on her ,she's not coming across as relaxed and at home as she previously did ,she's even starting to bring in snippit's of the kids again to fill the vlog, she really has no content without them ,like you said it won't carry her through..

She’s a lovely mum and they’re a lovely, stable down to earth family . But I agree with @monga , if your content is based on a tin cupboard inventory, surely you should question what the point of the channel is .
Yes they are a lovely family but she can't build a channel with no content ..

Reactions: 4
I don’t think anyone on here is claiming to be perfect😄. Kelly is putting her life online and people are going to have an opinion. Nobody is saying her and James aren’t good parents. But surely part of being a good parent is setting a good example to your children ie to have nice things in life you should work for them. Relying on benefits to top your husbands wage up in my opinion is not a good example to set.

I like Kelly, she's sweet but when she talks in a tone that James has to go out and earn money gets on my nerves. She has no reason to be at home when all her children are older, except Carson which I'm sure she can work around! The content she's showing, writing in her planner and organising tins all day. Seriously? I have worked since my son was 7m old. I would love to have stayed home for longer but relying on benefits just so I can stay at home and my husbands wages was not something I wanted to do. It's James I feel sorry for. The burden shouldn't all be on him. She can work in the week if James is only planning to work part time. Just no excuse. :rolleyes:

I like Kelly, she's sweet but when she talks in a tone that James has to go out and earn money gets on my nerves. She has no reason to be at home when all her children are older, except Carson which I'm sure she can work around! The content she's showing, writing in her planner and organising tins all day. Seriously? I have worked since my son was 7m old. I would love to have stayed home for longer but relying on benefits just so I can stay at home and my husbands wages was not something I wanted to do. It's James I feel sorry for. The burden shouldn't all be on him. She can work in the week if James is only planning to work part time. Just no excuse. :rolleyes:
Spot on! I was a stay at home Mum whilst my children were young, but once I felt like they were at the age were I could go back to work I did. Like James my husband is self employed, I work 25 hours a week, I manage to still do school runs, shopping, cooking, cleaning take my kids to after school activities and spend quality time with them. I’m not claiming to be a super parent or anything 😂 but my point is it can be done. It annoyed me once that Kelly said she needed to stay at home because her kids need her there, so does that mean if you aren’t at home but a work your kids are suffering!?
I’m sorry but to rely solely on James to provide for his family whilst Kelly sits at home day in and day out is not a good role model for her kids. As some one said earlier it’s irresponsible. Doesn’t she get bored being at home all day everyday with no company from anyone a part from her husband and kids.

I feel like this thread has become a really nasty bitter place, which is frustrating as it is a rave thread for those of us who do like Kelly and are enjoying her content.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Kelly (or anyone for that matter) staying at home. I'm sorry but noone knows her familys circumstances except for her and even if we did what is wrong with being a stay at home mum. They live within their means. and she is not pimping her kids out to make a quick buck like some family channels. I honestly don't know why some people are so annoyed that she is choosing to prioritise her family over the opinions of some anonymous people online. Their family situation works for them and i always thought their kids came off as polite, well rounded, well-raised children/teenagers when they were on the vlogs so she is obviously doing something right.

The portion sizes she gives her family are decent portion sizes and no wonder there is a childhood obesity epidemic when parents are criticised for giving their children the right portion size. Yes some teenagers have large appetites and need more food but there is nothing wrong with the size of portion they are getting.

I don't think Kelly can win with some people. She has varied her channel to suit an audience of people who are, like her, of a certain age with certain interests and has chosen to remove her children from the channel and yet she still faces criticism for ridiculous things like the fact her children are only eating three slices of pizza!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t think anyone on here is claiming to be perfect😄. Kelly is putting her life online and people are going to have an opinion. Nobody is saying her and James aren’t good parents. But surely part of being a good parent is setting a good example to your children ie to have nice things in life you should work for them. Relying on benefits to top your husbands wage up in my opinion is not a good example to set.
This comment is just ridiculous! Literally the only people i know who do not claim their child support benefit are those earning above the threshold to get it. If you have children i'm pretty certain you either get it yourself or you earn above the threshold. I also take my 30 hours free childcare that i'm entitled to as well - how on earth is that setting a bad example? Are people on furlough setting a bad example to their children? That's relying on benefits to top up a wage.

Of course people are going to have an opinion if you put your life online, but some of the comments on this thread are just unnecessary. The only word to describe it is 'bitchy'. If people don't like Kelly's channel they shouldn't watch it. She is not harming anyone. She's a good mother, a caring wife and there are many of us out here who enjoy her videos.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't think so. We're not saying anything bad about her or her family. It's just a matter of opinion and our opinion is that instead of sitting at home, jotting down what she's doing for the week (which is nothing really is it?), maybe get a job and take the burden of James. That's all we are saying.

This comment is just ridiculous! Literally the only people i know who do not claim their child support benefit are those earning above the threshold to get it. If you have children i'm pretty certain you either get it yourself or you earn above the threshold. I also take my 30 hours free childcare that i'm entitled to as well - how on earth is that setting a bad example? Are people on furlough setting a bad example to their children? That's relying on benefits to top up a wage.

Of course people are going to have an opinion if you put your life online, but some of the comments on this thread are just unnecessary. The only word to describe it is 'bitchy'. If people don't like Kelly's channel they shouldn't watch it. She is not harming anyone. She's a good mother, a caring wife and there are many of us out here who enjoy her videos.
No my comment is not ridiculous, I am entitled to my opinion like you are entitled to yours. I’m not talking about family benefit, I’m talking about Working Family tax credits/ universal credit which is paid to families to top there incomes up.

No my comment is not ridiculous, I am entitled to my opinion like you are entitled to yours. I’m not talking about family benefit, I’m talking about Working Family tax credits/ universal credit which is paid to families to top there incomes up.
If she’s claiming these then she’s not living within her means is she 🤔

I’ve definitely noticed a difference with Asda . I’m amazed she can get it that low with such a big family , I have two kids and husband and can rarely get it below £100 .
I have too, they‘ve defo put their prices up. I find Tesco cheaper now, that’s a first. Same here, for four of us its around £100 a week sometimes more. She does so well getting it for £100 so hats off to her!