Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kelllly

Now that I no longer have the channel, I feel it’s ok to post here.
If I rebrand I’ll do it on a new channel as I feel that any new subs will be following because they will be interested in my content and not there for what was previously there, which makes sense.
Annie sorry you were miffed, I didn’t know how to address you as didn’t want to use your name. I have my social media messages hidden as we have had a lot of hate mail over the years, real vile stuff that I don’t want to read so only check them once in a while.
The YouTube changes are the single main reason for coming off, and I felt the time was right to take the kids off.
I won’t defend myself over everyone’s opinion as quite frankly that’s their right, but there’s a lot of speculation that’s not true here, but I guess the comments being turned off have not helped that side of things
I’m happy to leave this thread now or answer any questions.

Reactions: 15

specialone50

VIP Member
I love this channel, because themumof the family is so real, yes she shops a lot but she has 5 kids, she meal plans, she blogs, shes always washing but her and her husband are fantastic parents and her kids are so nice and very well mannered, her vlogs are always very interesting and she sometimes shares recipes and shows how she prepares food, they eat a lot from scratch which I love and overall they just seem like happy kids, she also does Q&A sessions and shouts out,she doesnt hide the fact that her kids can fight and she is respectfulof their privacy, I always watch with a big smile,they deserve to do well on You Tube, she touched very briefly on all the goings on , on you tube recently and did it in such a way that it was respectful

Reactions: 12
Jeez you couldn't have picked a better user name is all I'm going to say :rolleyes:

I think people are commenting on the financial situation because she's trying to make out that James is supporting the family when as people have said they personally know people in Jame's profession and there's no way his wage could support their lifestyle ,so that means they must be getting benefit top ups somewhere so would she be declaring all her past collabs that's she done with companies? So trying to portray they're just an ordinary family living within their means just comes across as disingenuous if there claiming benefits in one hand and jetting to Disney on the other ..I'm sure they'd be a bloody outcry if a single mother or any other low income family did that, why should she be any different because she has a YT channel?
What financial situation? The one where she lives in a three bedroom house and her children share rooms and they make the best of the situation. Where they have one car and even that they don't own? Where they spend a modest amount of money on food each week? Where they don't go on extravagant holidays every year and when she has booked a holiday she's clearly paid it off over a long length of time. What crazy lifestyle are you seeing that you begrudge so much you obsessively post about it?

Ten years of this Tory government and people are losing their shit when a taxi driver sends his child to dance lessons and buys a ps5 for Xmas. 🙄

Last edited:

Nannycaff54

Jeez, there's some really perfect people on here. No wonder Kelly came off YouTube. Perhaps her kids don't like their plates piled high. I know I don't. None of her kids look undernourished or lacking in vitamins. They all look healthy. Her and James have a happy marriage and the kids are doing well at school and enjoy out of school activities. Look at the Ingham family, now that is a family to slate. Carry on Kelly, you're a great mother.

• Heart

Michelle666

It's really annoying to see all this negativity about Kelly when it's meant to be a rave thread. I really don't think it's anyone's business about their financial situation, no relationship is the same and what works for one couple might not work for another 🤷‍♀️ for all you know it might be James who wants Kelly at home but I really don't think it's anyone's business. She isn't moaning constantly about their situation, she has been up front about it and they are obviously trying to get through it. I really feel for them. She doesn't put her whole entire life out there so I don't get why everyone is getting so wound up that she is a SAHM. There are a lot of assumptions being made.

I really hope she keeps up with the channel, it feels like she has had her confidence knocked a little and she just needs to get it back. I think she is a great homemaker and I still enjoy watching her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel like this thread has become a really nasty bitter place, which is frustrating as it is a rave thread for those of us who do like Kelly and are enjoying her content.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Kelly (or anyone for that matter) staying at home. I'm sorry but noone knows her familys circumstances except for her and even if we did what is wrong with being a stay at home mum. They live within their means. and she is not pimping her kids out to make a quick buck like some family channels. I honestly don't know why some people are so annoyed that she is choosing to prioritise her family over the opinions of some anonymous people online. Their family situation works for them and i always thought their kids came off as polite, well rounded, well-raised children/teenagers when they were on the vlogs so she is obviously doing something right.

The portion sizes she gives her family are decent portion sizes and no wonder there is a childhood obesity epidemic when parents are criticised for giving their children the right portion size. Yes some teenagers have large appetites and need more food but there is nothing wrong with the size of portion they are getting.

I don't think Kelly can win with some people. She has varied her channel to suit an audience of people who are, like her, of a certain age with certain interests and has chosen to remove her children from the channel and yet she still faces criticism for ridiculous things like the fact her children are only eating three slices of pizza!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

R&R87

I get the impression that Kelly can take constructive criticism and is confident in her decisions she makes as a parent. However, to call a 13 year old a spoilt brat and accuse someone of sitting on their fat arse is what is uncalled for. It's unfair to believe that because someone posts things online it gives people free reign to say what they want without consequence. You may not agree with everything or like how someone lives their life but then you just don't watch or engage with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

viewtube

VIP Member
I watch quite a few 'mummy vkoggers',but Kelly is one of a very small number who I think has remained true to herself. She doesn't try to hide anything or pretend to be someone she isn't. Her videos come across as very natural,no playing to the camera or being very loud and over the top, just to create content. A lovely lady and a lovely supportive family.

Reactions: 9
M

Member 177

I like her honesty, she buys for convenience, she takes shortcuts, she tries to please all the children, never forces them to be filmed, does lots of interesting side videos not just her vlogs. What you see is what you get. No pretending to be supermum, super happy, super hauls it really is an average stay at home mum life.

Reactions: 8

Jayne82

Chatty Member
I like Kelly but I get the impression she's very bored. Who on earth counts how many tins they have and write it down in a planner lol.
You took the words right out of my mouth 😂. I was thinking of posting the exact same thoughts. She’s obviously got way too much time on her hands.
I know it’s been said before but surely she must be bored, ok so it’s obvious she doesn’t want to work. Maybe she doesn’t need a job and they manage on James wage, but after being a stay at home Mum for so long wouldn’t she like a bit of independence and to have her own money and not rely on her husband for everything.( and I’m not knocking stay at home parents it’s a tough job I’ve been there myself) but why has she got no hobbies or interests which take her out of the house for a few hours. Go the gym, go for a swim, a nice walk maybe.
She just seems a little lost too me and she’s scrapping the bottom of the barrel with content for her videos, I’m sorry I don’t want to watch someone organise their tin cupboard.

Michelle666

It winds us up because she words it as if its all James responsibility to bring home the bacon, that's what's annoying because it is unfair on him. Not the fact she stays at home and organising her cupboards. That's up to her if she wants to do that.
Like I said it's their relationship, if she is at home and thats their decision then yes it is down to James to bring home the money. If James is feeling the pressure and asking Kelly to go back out to work and she is refusing then of course that is unfair on James. My point is no one knows what their situation is. I get that she puts herself out there but she is a small channel just making home related videos I don't get why everyone is so concerned about their financial situation 🤦🏻‍♀️

I think there is a lot of insecure, bitter people posting to this thread.

So many people slating Kelly for apparently having too much time on her hands, and yet they seem to have so much time on their hands that they jump straight online to speculate and basically slag Kelly off the second she posts a video under the guise of 'having an opinion'.

Someone further up the thread claimed that her and her husband worked so hard that they don't have time to waste on planners like Kelly, but clearly can waste time watching and reading and commenting on threads like this.

People who claim to have their own children basically sitting online typing nasty comments and criticisms about tiny insignificant things and down right making things up. Then having the audacity to say Kelly is setting a bad example for her children when she is nothing but nice and positive. I've never heard her be nasty to anyone once.

I used to feel horrified that Kelly might read some of these really nasty personal things but to be honest if she did she'll just see what I see now a group of nasty, insecure bitchey tories with nothing better to do than post endless criticism about being a stay at home mum.
You worded this so much better than me!!

• Haha

justhavinganosie

Chatty Member
I like Kelly but I get the impression she's very bored. Who on earth counts how many tins they have and write it down in a planner lol.

• Haha

Busymum

Cerise is a spoilt littlle brat. Very clear to everyone she is the favourite child, all the stupid faces she pulls on camera drives me insane. The whole family life revolves around what she is doing for dance, and doesn't matter about the other 4.
I did like kelly to begin with, but now theres something about her that I just can't do with. She makes out like shes so busy all of the time, when really spends most of the time sat on her fat arse on the sofa doing her cross stich/colouring/reading. One major thing that pissed me off is when carson was younger she would never get down to his level to play with him, she would have him bring toys to sofa where she was sat. I mentioned a few times in comment section but never once did she reply.
I feel sorry for james, he never has a minute to himself. He works nights then has to take kids to school, take kelly shopping then pick kids back up from school take them dancing then straight to work. When does the poor man get a chance to sleep. Kelly go out and get a job and learn to bloody drive because that poor husband of yours can only carry on like he is for so much before he drives himself into a early grave !!!
I wonder if this comment amongst others is why she has closed everything down, I think Cerise is just a confident girl, I really hope Kelly comes back they are a lovely close family

• Haha

Nannycaff

I love her channel too. Kelly and James come across as really lovely parents. Both of them are very hands on, even though James works nights as a taxi driver, he's always there helping to get the kids to school and nursery. I loved the way Kelly touched on the subject of the you know who. Also when her kids tell her they don't want to film, she always respects their wishes. Plus Carson is an absolute sweet.

Reactions: 7

Heresthetea

Chatty Member
Well at least people know her leaving had nothing to do with comments here but it’s all to avoid fines on YouTube vlogs. Which I totally understand . Don’t think I will be watching anymore though her planning and cross stitch bore me to tears .

justhavinganosie

Chatty Member
You took the words right out of my mouth 😂. I was thinking of posting the exact same thoughts. She’s obviously got way too much time on her hands.
I know it’s been said before but surely she must be bored, ok so it’s obvious she doesn’t want to work. Maybe she doesn’t need a job and they manage on James wage, but after being a stay at home Mum for so long wouldn’t she like a bit of independence and to have her own money and not rely on her husband for everything.( and I’m not knocking stay at home parents it’s a tough job I’ve been there myself) but why has she got no hobbies or interests which take her out of the house for a few hours. Go the gym, go for a swim, a nice walk maybe.
She just seems a little lost too me and she’s scrapping the bottom of the barrel with content for her videos, I’m sorry I don’t want to watch someone organise their tin cupboard.
I know their finances are none of our business but if you are broadcasting your life then of course opinions are going to be out there too. I am still a bit taken aback at how they afford all of that on just James wages when he is only a taxi driver. I know someone who is a taxi driver but he also has to work during the day to pay for his mortgage and bills and does taxi in the evenings to top up his earnings. Either she gets a hefty amount of benefits (universal credit maybe), or he is doing something else on the side. Both my husband and I are working with a combined salary of 40k and we still have to budget every month. We don't smoke, drink, go on holidays etc, we switch utility bills, shop at aldi, rarely treat ourselves and if we do, it's from primark or asda, only run 1 car and only have 1 child. Also no credit cards to pay off either. We must be doing something terribly wrong but what?! Someone help me out here.

RachyWoo

VIP Member
I wonder if this comment amongst others is why she has closed everything down, I think Cerise is just a confident girl, I really hope Kelly comes back they are a lovely close family
That's what I've been thinking. The wording was uncalled for.

I don’t think anyone on here is claiming to be perfect😄. Kelly is putting her life online and people are going to have an opinion. Nobody is saying her and James aren’t good parents. But surely part of being a good parent is setting a good example to your children ie to have nice things in life you should work for them. Relying on benefits to top your husbands wage up in my opinion is not a good example to set.
This comment is just ridiculous! Literally the only people i know who do not claim their child support benefit are those earning above the threshold to get it. If you have children i'm pretty certain you either get it yourself or you earn above the threshold. I also take my 30 hours free childcare that i'm entitled to as well - how on earth is that setting a bad example? Are people on furlough setting a bad example to their children? That's relying on benefits to top up a wage.

Of course people are going to have an opinion if you put your life online, but some of the comments on this thread are just unnecessary. The only word to describe it is 'bitchy'. If people don't like Kelly's channel they shouldn't watch it. She is not harming anyone. She's a good mother, a caring wife and there are many of us out here who enjoy her videos.

Last edited:
  • Heart

RachyWoo

VIP Member
I've held off from commenting for so long, I genuinely feel bad about what I think because I do like this channel. However, I've always got the impression Cerise is the favourite out of them all because she seems to be the one with the most success with her dancing. I hate to say it but, Cerise knows it too! I feel sorry for Courtney because she dances too, but everything is Cerise. James works nights but yet he's still doing the school runs and then off shopping etc. I couldn't believe it a few vlogs ago when Kelly said "I think I'll let him have the night off from work" or something like that, she made it sound like she controls him. I wish she wouldn't do so many planner vids, how many planners does she actually own now?