Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen, Pseudo Guru, Real Cash Grab

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well it really shocked me there would be so many people prepared to pay so much. But if she only let it for 8 weeks out of the year they are still making more than enough money to live on even with no other income. She makes $1000s from every insta add as well so she claims.
Well, they have someone managing the AirBnB. They usually take 20-30% of the earnings. They also have to pay yearly taxes on the property. Not saying they aren't making a lot of money with no effort on their side, but it's never ever the way she says it. She's neither as successful nor as poor nor as anything as she pretends to be.

Reactions: 2
Well, they have someone managing the AirBnB. They usually take 20-30% of the earnings. They also have to pay yearly taxes on the property. Not saying they aren't making a lot of money with no effort on their side, but it's never ever the way she says it. She's neither as successful nor as poor nor as anything as she pretends to be.
Looking at the bookings for the next 4 months alone, working out the nightly charge and taking off 30% for management charges they are still making over £18,000!!! In less than 4 months! After management charges! That is more than enough for 2 people to live on and is a very significant passive income. If the next 4 months are average over the year, they can expect over £50000 a year after management charges. That makes them both pretty wealthy imo.

Looking at the bookings for the next 4 months alone, working out the nightly charge and taking off 30% for management charges they are still making over £18,000!!! In less than 4 months! After management charges! That is more than enough for 2 people to live on and is a very significant passive income. If the next 4 months are average over the year, they can expect over £50000 a year after management charges. That makes them both pretty wealthy imo.
Be careful though, you have to really go into the calendar and select dates for the dates that are actually booked to appear, otherwise some dates appear booked but once you try to book them, it's possible to do so.

I counted 36 booked days from September 1st to December 31st. At 416 USD a night, that's 14,976 USD, not pounds. It's probably even less because you get a discount if you book several nights in a row. But let's keep it like that. Minus the 30% thats's 10,000 USD. AirBnB also keeps taxes from that. So they probably will get 9,000.

Also, we have to consider that while it's a whopping amount of money for some, 416 USD for a house that sleeps 12 people is not bad, if you consider that's the going rate for one room at a hotel that sleeps two, maybe four if two are kids. So for the people renting it, it's a good deal. The downside of Rachel's property is how far it is from the beach/center. Most comments mention you need to drive. So it probably could afford to be cheaper, but if you were going for a family reunion or bachelorette party with say 8 people, 50 dollars a night and you get a pool and sauna and are 15 minutes from the beach? It is pretty good. Rachel can be criticized for a lot, but her property on AirBnB is actually market value, comparing other AirBnBs in her area, and it's a good deal compared to a hotel if you're traveling with a big group.

I have never ever ever denied that they're well off, my point is, she's a liar on all fronts. She lies about how poor they are - sure 2,250 per month from the AirBnB is probably not enough to live on in Sweden the way she spends money (for example, Lea's private school could cost upwards of $10,000 a year) but she also gets money from ads and the podcast - but she also lies about how super mega booked her AirBnB is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Be careful though, you have to really go into the calendar and select dates for the dates that are actually booked to appear, otherwise some dates appear booked but once you try to book them, it's possible to do so.

I counted 36 booked days from September 1st to December 31st. At 416 USD a night, that's 14,976 USD, not pounds. It's probably even less because you get a discount if you book several nights in a row. But let's keep it like that. Minus the 30% thats's 10,000 USD. AirBnB also keeps taxes from that. So they probably will get 9,000.

Also, we have to consider that while it's a whopping amount of money for some, 416 USD for a house that sleeps 12 people is not bad, if you consider that's the going rate for one room at a hotel that sleeps two, maybe four if two are kids. So for the people renting it, it's a good deal. The downside of Rachel's property is how far it is from the beach/center. Most comments mention you need to drive. So it probably could afford to be cheaper, but if you were going for a family reunion or bachelorette party with say 8 people, 50 dollars a night and you get a pool and sauna and are 15 minutes from the beach? It is pretty good. Rachel can be criticized for a lot, but her property on AirBnB is actually market value, comparing other AirBnBs in her area, and it's a good deal compared to a hotel if you're traveling with a big group.

I have never ever ever denied that they're well off, my point is, she's a liar on all fronts. She lies about how poor they are - sure 2,250 per month from the AirBnB is probably not enough to live on in Sweden the way she spends money (for example, Lea's private school could cost upwards of $10,000 a year) but she also gets money from ads and the podcast - but she also lies about how super mega booked her AirBnB is.
£16,450 per month makes it about £548 a night. I'm in the UK so my app only lists the price in £. That is a lot more than $416. I'm taking the monthly rate so shorter stays may well cost more than this as well. 30% is the maximum taken off. Sure they pay taxes in their income but so do we all. I counted what was also booked for ausgust so the next 4 months is 48 days booked over 4 months giving them an income over £18,000 for 4 months. That is a huge sum of money for any passive income. I already agreed airbnb rates for holiday rentals are extortionate money. Yes if you split the rate accross many folk it becomes more affordable but imagine how much you would expect to rent a house like that to live in? It is worlds apart. Even people on the reviews complain about the property being overpriced even by airbnb standards.

Really not sure this point is worth the argument. She is making at least £50000 a year (pre tax) passive income and talks about her only income being from a podcast. That is the point. You may not consider her wealthy or successful but for most people on the planet I think she most definitely is in the 'extremely well off' category without lifting a finger.

£16,450 per month makes it about £548 a night. I'm in the UK so my app only lists the price in £. That is a lot more than $416. I'm taking the monthly rate so shorter stays may well cost more than this as well. 30% is the maximum taken off. Sure they pay taxes in their income but so do we all. I counted what was also booked for ausgust so the next 4 months is 48 days booked over 4 months giving them an income over £18,000 for 4 months. That is a huge sum of money for any passive income. I already agreed airbnb rates for holiday rentals are extortionate money. Yes if you split the rate accross many folk it becomes more affordable but imagine how much you would expect to rent a house like that to live in? It is worlds apart. Even people on the reviews complain about the property being overpriced even by airbnb standards.

Really not sure this point is worth the argument. She is making at least £50000 a year (pre tax) passive income and talks about her only income being from a podcast. That is the point. You may not consider her wealthy or successful but for most people on the planet I think she most definitely is in the 'extremely well off' category without lifting a finger.
Don't know what to tell you, but $416 USD is literally what it costs

1661185945065.png

No one is arguing with you that she's making tons of money with no effort on her part, since she's not even the one managing her property.

Like I've repeated a few times now, it's about her lies. Her property is not booked solid all year. She's also not in any way, shape, or form poor. Lies, lies.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE

Guys, it's almost time for a new thread! Hard to believe we've had so much to talk about when Rachel does close to nothing, but we're professional Tattlers clearly :D

If you have a name suggestion for the thread, pop it in a comment, I'll select the one that gets most votes (we're a very small thread so it might be very close haha) when I create a new thread :)

What is the white square building next to their house? (This is not a thread title suggestion ;), I looked at the airbnb site and noticed that there was a second building on their property, I wonder what it is)

Also, I am confused. There were reviews from May 2021 on there - this was last year. I recall Rachel going to Sweden in May 2021 and them relocating before Christmas 21? They wouldn't have been renting their house in May 21? WAsn't Dennis cleaning it during that time (from the mould)?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Don't know what to tell you, but $416 USD is literally what it costs

View attachment 1519258

No one is arguing with you that she's making tons of money with no effort on her part, since she's not even the one managing her property.

Like I've repeated a few times now, it's about her lies. Her property is not booked solid all year. She's also not in any way, shape, or form poor. Lies, lies.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE

Guys, it's almost time for a new thread! Hard to believe we've had so much to talk about when Rachel does close to nothing, but we're professional Tattlers clearly :D

If you have a name suggestion for the thread, pop it in a comment, I'll select the one that gets most votes (we're a very small thread so it might be very close haha) when I create a new thread :)
Well it's clearly charging different rates for the US market then. When you search from UK you can see the monthly price I showed you. It was £16450. The minimum stay from a UK booking is 4 nights and the nightly price is then £791 a night. A lot more than what I based my £50,000 a year estimate on

Attachments

What is the white square building next to their house? (This is not a thread title suggestion ;), I looked at the airbnb site and noticed that there was a second building on their property, I wonder what it is)

Also, I am confused. There were reviews from May 2021 on there - this was last year. I recall Rachel going to Sweden in May 2021 and them relocating before Christmas 21? They wouldn't have been renting their house in May 21? WAsn't Dennis cleaning it during that time (from the mould)?
If I remember correctly, they had kind of a trial run for it on AirBnB after Dennis finished "demoulding" it, because Rachel was all "no, I refuse to live there again, bad juju". And if I recall correctly, they were even staying at this Alex's person other rental properties for a while.

Well it's clearly charging different rates for the US market then. When you search from UK you can see the monthly price I showed you. It was £16450. The minimum stay from a UK booking is 4 nights and the nightly price is then £791 a night. A lot more than what I based my £50,000 a year estimate on
Wonder how that works. I've had a property on AirBnB and I set one single price, it didn't change location to location, the currency was converted but the price was the one I set. Interesting.

Looks like they didn't even bother to buy new things for it

1661190708603.png

If I remember correctly, they had kind of a trial run for it on AirBnB after Dennis finished "demoulding" it, because Rachel was all "no, I refuse to live there again, bad juju". And if I recall correctly, they were even staying at this Alex's person other rental properties for a while.

Wonder how that works. I've had a property on AirBnB and I set one single price, it didn't change location to location, the currency was converted but the price was the one I set. Interesting.

Looks like they didn't even bother to buy new things for it

View attachment 1519498
Ah ok. I thought that they were not finished with the property in May 21.

If you change the currency to Euros it is cheaper, it has been reduced by 80 Euros per night!

I have a thread title suggestion! Here comes... "Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #2: she is a material girl and she lives in a fantasy world"

Speaking of her “lack of income”, who else laughed their ass off at her yoga girl merch story today?! “yoga every damn day” my ass. You can’t sell merch based on a fantasy lifestyle you don’t even live anymore! Hilarious.
For a second I thought she was announcing that Yoga Girl was closing, it looked like a goodbye video.

For a second I thought she was announcing that Yoga Girl was closing, it looked like a goodbye video.
I thought the exact same thing. Maybe she is closing it. Did you see the mini golf outing for the yoga girl team in stories the other day? Maybe she told them then that she was shutting yoga girl down.

On a side note, what a cheap outing for your employees. Why not do a nice yoga/dinner evening like she did for her friends a while back? I get the impression she isn’t that generous with her employees. I remember hearing about unpaid interns, request for free massages while on the road, etc..

I thought the exact same thing. Maybe she is closing it. Did you see the mini golf outing for the yoga girl team in stories the other day? Maybe she told them then that she was shutting yoga girl down.

On a side note, what a cheap outing for your employees. Why not do a nice yoga/dinner evening like she did for her friends a while back? I get the impression she isn’t that generous with her employees. I remember hearing about unpaid interns, request for free massages while on the road, etc..
I didn't see the mini golf outing but I think companies tend to do sport-like activities because they're allegedly better at bonding employees than dinner or something like that. So in that sense, it might not have been Rachel's cheapness.

She seems to be very greedy, so it wouldn't surprise me if she's not generous with anyone but herself/her nuclear family.

Yeah, the mini-golf thing is quite a common activity in Sweden to do with colleagues/employees.

She's back promoting those super expensive powders and extracts. They're "clean" (what does that even mean?!) And "wild sourced".

Sorry Rach. Not going to pay hundreds of bucks for some random powders to substitute normal food, much less so when we're the same age and you a)complain constantly about being ill and b) look 45 while I look 25.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
She's back promoting those super expensive powders and extracts. They're "clean" (what does that even mean?!) And "wild sourced".

Sorry Rach. Not going to pay hundreds of bucks for some random powders to substitute normal food, much less so when we're the same age and you a)complain constantly about being ill and b) look 45 while I look 25.
It all circles back to her narcissistic need to feel superior to everyone else. Coffee isn’t good enough for her, she needs *super-special extracts and tinctures* because she’s soOoOo natural! COFFEE IS NATURAL YOU BINT!

Also had a good giggle at her saying they promote health because she is sick ALL the time! Constantly!!

Reactions: 4
Only income is the podcast? I remember her saying this place was booked out for at least the next 12 months solid. Over £16000 a MONTH!
Her income is at least: subscriptions, island yoga (im sure also still some if still open), podcast, house , insta commercials, the 2000 homecourse 2 months ago lol if 30 people signed up and I guessed its more ! They had some good money from that also. Looked it up an average for 1 mil followers is 670 Dollar for ONE post. She post an ad almost every day, calculate that 🤣. She probs also got paid for that yoga event, god knows how much. Even if its cancelled , they probs have some sort of contract.

Looked it up an average for 1 mil followers is 670 Dollar for ONE post. She post an ad almost every day, calculate that 🤣
She posts ads every day? I remember her saying about the ads when she first started them that they were ONLY to raise money for the 'orphanage' project (she didn't say was an orphanage but whatever the thing was in Aruba she was building to 'help the abused children of the island'. She also said she would only post infrequently.

She posts ads every day? I remember her saying about the ads when she first started them that they were ONLY to raise money for the 'orphanage' project (she didn't say was an orphanage but whatever the thing was in Aruba she was building to 'help the abused children of the island'. She also said she would only post infrequently.
I think the charity work is over currently.. but who knows. Maybe I misjudge it.Yea quite a lot at least a few times a week! Sometimes sneaky, often with discount code.

I think the charity work is over currently.. but who knows. Maybe I misjudge it.Yea quite a lot at least a few times a week! Sometimes sneaky, often with discount code.
The charity work died when she said she had been betrayed and made some huge woe-is-me drama. But the thing is, she never returned or provided evidence of how the money already raised had been spent.

She's shady as hell.

And yeah, she does the whole "for those asking, this is the [expensive, useless] powder Lea used to make me a smoothie" thing with the link that's an undisclosed affiliate link and/or ad very often.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.